Live action Mulan now on Disney Plus 9/4/2020 for 30 bucks.

spider705

Light skin, non ADOS Lebron hater!
BGOL Investor
Disney is now open to Black Widow and Soul going straight to streaming... one of their senior analysts even said its more and more likely they both end up in Disney+

Although the $30 price point is a bit steep, The Mouse is guessing that if they want a billi in revenue they'd only have to sell about 30 million downloads.

They'll get to keep more of the revenue since they're cutting out the movie theaters (85% vs 55%)... they figure they'd get new subscribers and where Disney+ isn't available it would still have a theatrical release.

They've lost so much money because of Rona (pushing 4 billion) that they have to be more aggressive to try and recoup some of their losses...

tpotda

Rising Star
Registered
They're not getting anywhere near 30 million buys at a $30 price point

Disney is now open to Black Widow and Soul going straight to streaming... one of their senior analysts even said its more and more likely they both end up in Disney+

Although the $30 price point is a bit steep, The Mouse is guessing that if they want a billi in revenue they'd only have to sell about 30 million downloads.

They'll get to keep more of the revenue since they're cutting out the movie theaters (85% vs 55%)... they figure they'd get new subscribers and where Disney+ isn't available it would still have a theatrical release.

They've lost so much money because of Rona (pushing 4 billion) that they have to be more aggressive to try and recoup some of their losses...

spider705

BGOL Investor
They're not getting anywhere near 30 million buys at a $30 price point
Their last reporting said they had about 55 million subscribers... they was in May, right as this Lockdown with the pandemic really kicked off

so you're asking just over half their subscribers to purchase a movie they can essentially own the entirety of their Disney+ membership

You really don't think that'll happen? I dunno man, it's a reach but it could happen

tpotda

Rising Star
Registered
Even with 60 million subscribers I don't see anywhere near half the ppl buying it, $30 is a steep price per movie if this will be the movie going on forward, i dont see half of these ppl just paying $30 for each release like that

Their last reporting said they had about 55 million subscribers... they was in May, right as this Lockdown with the pandemic really kicked off

so you're asking just over half their subscribers to purchase a movie they can essentially own the entirety of their Disney+ membership

You really don't think that'll happen? I dunno man, it's a reach but it could happen

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

I will pay 30 for black widow

They should do 20 pre order if they smart

Not paying 30 for mulan

Maybe just maybe for Soul

For the culture

But probably not

Too many damn steaming services they gonna kill the goose if aint already dying

$60 for 2 movies for 24 hours?

Imma get ANYWAY in a few weeks

Their target audience will be in school anyway home schooling TOUGH they aint gonna get to watch like that.

Even with 60 million subscribers I don't see anywhere near half the ppl buying it, $30 is a steep price per movie if this will be the movie going on forward, i dont see half of these ppl just paying $30 for each release like that

Yup

I could get a YEAR of service from a premium streaming service for that $60...

How the f*ck they gonna make that make sense.

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Lol and people doubted my streaming on Disney plus comment...lol told ya

spider705

BGOL Investor
I will pay 30 for black widow

They should do 20 pre order if they smart

Not paying 30 for mulan

Maybe just maybe for Soul

For the culture

But probably not

Too many damn steaming services they gonna kill the goose if aint already dying

$60 for 2 movies for 24 hours?

Imma get ANYWAY in a few weeks

Their target audience will be in school anyway home schooling TOUGH they aint gonna get to watch like that.

Yup

I could get a YEAR of service from a premium streaming service for that $60...

How the f*ck they gonna make that make sense.
No it's not for 24hrs...

Once you buy the movie IT'S YOURS the entire time you have an active Disney+ subscription.

So you just got it in 4k quality day of for your own personal use. That is big

spider705

BGOL Investor
Bro I get what you're saying but you gotta take some things into account...

There are a lot of people now that have disposable income that have home theaters now... if not they have a nice enough set up where they can enjoy it at home and not feel like they're missing out on something...

Then too... a family of 4, popcorn, drinks, and maybe candy.... looking at $100 easily... and don't let it be one of those movie theaters that have REAL food and adult beverages... minus whale tack on another $30 or more

That's saving a lot of dough... i think it's just that initial shock of seeing $30 for a movie that's getting to people

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
No it's not for 24hrs...

Once you buy the movie IT'S YOURS the entire time you have an active Disney+ subscription.

So you just got it in 4k quality day of for your own personal use. That is big

thank you for confirming THAT

i been asking from the jump

but hold on

so basically you can share your password and anyone can see it?

and also

you paying $30 to get it a few weeks EARLY?

or will it NEVER be available to all the other subscribers?

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

There are a lot of people now that have disposable income that have home theaters now... if not they have a nice enough set up where they can enjoy it at home and not feel like they're missing out on something...

Then too... a family of 4, popcorn, drinks, and maybe candy.... looking at $100 easily... and don't let it be one of those movie theaters that have REAL food and adult beverages... minus whale tack on another $30 or more

That's saving a lot of dough... i think it's just that initial shock of seeing $30 for a movie that's getting to people

yup you 100 on this point right here.

Question is ...

will the mouse be able to overcome that?'

and is MULAN the test case you want to start with?

D@mnphins

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I think some are forgetting the power that kids have.

Mom can we get Mulan
I dont know go ask your father
Dad can we get Mulan
No its too expensive
Mom, dad said its too expensive
Ok we will wait til the price goes down,

This is when the power comes in

Grandma: Hey whats wrong
Mommy and daddy will not let us watch Mulan.
Why not.
I do not know we have been good and did our homework.
Let me talk to your father.
Ok I will send you the money it will be an early Christmas present.
Grandma you are the best.

Especially if word of mouth is good. Kids will be doing chores, washing cars and cutting grass just for a 2 hour movie.

While I will watch it on Kodi.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I think some are forgetting the power that kids have.

Mom can we get Mulan
I dont know go ask your father
Dad can we get Mulan
No its too expensive
Mom, dad said its too expensive
Ok we will wait til the price goes down,

This is when the power comes in

Grandma: Hey whats wrong
Mommy and daddy will not let us watch Mulan.
Why not.
I do not know we have been good and did our homework.
Let me talk to your father.
Ok I will send you the money it will be an early Christmas present.
Grandma you are the best.

Especially if word of mouth is good. Kids will be doing chores, washing cars and cutting grass just for a 2 hour movie.

While I will watch it on Kodi.

Ummmm You hacking my phones fam?

SamSneed

Disciple of Zod
BGOL Investor

Nigga we can pause it, go piss

no fuckin babies makin noise

stupid ass kids talkin

that is priceless

spider705

BGOL Investor
Nigga we can pause it, go piss

no fuckin babies makin noise

stupid ass kids talkin

that is priceless
Yeah man it really is... kids asking questions, trying to whisper but still loud as fuck, people opening cans of soda all sneaky

SamSneed

Disciple of Zod
BGOL Investor
Yeah man it really is... kids asking questions, trying to whisper but still loud as fuck, people opening cans of soda all sneaky
I ain’t gotta put on a outfit that match( my wife says I can’t dress for shit, my colors don’t match)

I don’t care but it makes her happy so I’ll wear the fit she likes fuck it. I ain’t pay for it lol

win win

now she try to make my mask match the fit, kill me lol

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Kids movies means you guaranteed to pay $30 or more from jump... 1 parent 1 adult is damn near $30 without the refreshments.. Throw in gas, the time to get there, planning, hoping to get proper seating arrangement , forget about it.. That $30 price tag is godsend for parents.. Especially if multiple kids or multiple parents... Disney know what they doing.. People are going to throw money at the mouse.. Like I said the writing was on the wall that mulan was coming to disney, it was just how they was going to approach the situation... Now with other titles they like the parents going to submit.. Disney wins even when everything goes wrong.. Covid made Disney plus even more essential now

mrcmd187

Controversy Creates Cash
BGOL Investor
Been saying in all the other threads what was going to happen the theaters and studios caving in to what the new normal will be for the foreseeable future. Cinmark suppose to try to open but I don’t see that working to well cause of new restrictions that went in effect right after the announcement

Tito_Jackson

Truth Teller
Registered
Been saying in all the other threads what was going to happen the theaters and studios caving in to what the new normal will be for the foreseeable future. Cinmark suppose to try to open but I don’t see that working to well cause of new restrictions that went in effect right after the announcement
Also, theaters will become more exclusive. They will be redesigned for more privacy with a higher price point for those willing to pay. Almost all theaters will serve alcohol if they are not doing so yet. I suspect there will be waiters too. Its going to be more of an experience. $50 - $100 per visit.

spider705

BGOL Investor
Also, theaters will become more exclusive. They will be redesigned for more privacy with a higher price point for those willing to pay. Almost all theaters will serve alcohol if they are not doing so yet. I suspect there will be waiters too. Its going to be more of an experience. $50 - $100 per visit.
It's already moving this direction...

Star Cinema Grill in Spring just outside of Houston looks like a private lounge upon entrance. I swear when I walked in, I thought I was in the wrong place until I started seeing movie posters

zDUim0u.jpg

ldw4kVY.jpg
ez6MEAP.jpg

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
they already have a few of those in Manhattan.. https://www.cmxcinemas.com/theaters/12/cmx-new-york-east-62nd-street/food-n-drinks.. It's also theatres that play foreign films, Sundance films, b flicks, etc that more popular chains don't show

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

OK so THIS is what it is...

What is Premier Access?
Starting September 4, with Premier Access, you can watch Mulan before it's available to all Disney+ subscribers. Disney+ will offer Premier Access to Mulan for $29.99 on disneyplus.com and select platforms. Once you have Premier Access to Mulan, you can watch as many times as you want on any platform where Disney+ is available. Your access to Mulan will continue as long as you are an active Disney+ subscriber.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

What is Premier Access?
Starting September 4, with Premier Access, you can watch Mulan before it's available to all Disney+ subscribers. Disney+ will offer Premier Access to Mulan for $29.99 on disneyplus.com and select platforms. Once you have Premier Access to Mulan, you can watch as many times as you want on any platform where Disney+ is available. Your access to Mulan will continue as long as you are an active Disney+ subscriber.

If THIS is what it is?

Yeah I can wait...

EXCEPT for Black Widow.

yeah basically ANY Marvel stuff

now I just heard he RUMOR is IF this works?

they gonna do this for SERIES too.

or even CREATE a different higher priced tier of membership to get ALL these things FIRST

and damn it...

I would SERIOUSLY consider it if the price was reasonable.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Kids movies means you guaranteed to pay $30 or more from jump... 1 parent 1 adult is damn near $30 without the refreshments.. Throw in gas, the time to get there, planning, hoping to get proper seating arrangement , forget about it.. That $30 price tag is godsend for parents.. Especially if multiple kids or multiple parents... Disney know what they doing.. People are going to throw money at the mouse.. Like I said the writing was on the wall that mulan was coming to disney, it was just how they was going to approach the situation... Now with other titles they like the parents going to submit.. Disney wins even when everything goes wrong.. Covid made Disney plus even more essential now

You aint wrong

But i took an informal poll

My peeps aint doing it

Nope

However all the kids want us to prepay for soul and black widow not now

But RIGHT NOW.

also these kids savvy now

They said they can wait till its "free"

Cause parents already saying if we get THIS NOW?

we cutting ofc something ELSE.

Money tight right now fam.

What you missing is you cant compare pre covid $30 to post covid $30

spider705

BGOL Investor
All that money and you still got to get up to piss
Real talk I forgot what movie we saw here but I had already seen it on bgol cinemas and I swear halfway thru my son is whispering all loud "DADDY I HAVE TO GO TO THE RESTROOM!"

spider705

BGOL Investor

What is Premier Access?
Ok so question...

Is this a one time fee or new monthly fee for premium content?

Like if I pay for Premier Access, do I get ALL future releases to hit Disney+? Or will it be $30 for every movie going forward

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Ok so question...

Is this a one time fee or new monthly fee for premium content?

Like if I pay for Premier Access, do I get ALL future releases to hit Disney+? Or will it be $30 for every movie going forward

I asked my friend she hasn't read her emails yet she gonna let me know.

But based on what i asked her?

Its $30 a pop.

You paying for the EARLY access and get to keep the movie as long as you are a subscriber (but mulan will be accessible to EVERYONE a few weeks later)

But she was in a meeting where they were saying what YOU detailed was POSSIBLE...

An ADDED TIER on the existing app for a HIGHER monthy fee.

so you always get the movies first and series first

Almost like a disney+ insider or a express pass.

SamSneed

Disciple of Zod
BGOL Investor
Real talk I forgot what movie we saw here but I had already seen it on bgol cinemas and I swear halfway thru my son is whispering all loud "DADDY I HAVE TO GO TO THE RESTROOM!"
Man back when gladiator came out( on base with fam before it went to hell) we had both girls and youngest was some months

we went to see it, mistake, lil one began to cry and I had to walk back with her

after that I never did It again

last time I took Little kids to a movie

D@mnphins

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I took my son to see Avengers 2. Before we went in do you need to use the restroom, no. Alright cool. Opening scene of everyone fighting, Daddy I have to use the bathroom. What, seriously, alright come on.

I hate leaving my drinks and food around people I do not know.