Live action Mulan now on Disney Plus 9/4/2020 for 30 bucks.

veritech

Black Votes Matter!
Platinum Member
On September 4th the Mouse House will offer the long delayed “Mulan” on its DisneyPlus service for — wait– 30 bucks. On top of the subscription price. They didn’t even do this with “Hamilton.” So if you’re paying monthly or annually, that just gives you the opportunity to plunk down 30 clams to see “Mulan.”

Last edited:

HeavyArmz

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
On September 24th the Mouse House will offer the long delayed “Mulan” on its DisneyPlus service for — wait– 30 bucks. On top of the subscription price. They didn’t even do this with “Hamilton.” So if you’re paying monthly or annually, that just gives you the opportunity to plunk down 30 clams to see “Mulan.”

Hamilton didn’t have a 200mil price tag:dunno:

Tito_Jackson

Truth Teller
Registered
Its September 4th not 24th.

Disney revenue is down 85% from this time last year. They are down 5 billion on entertainment side (movies, TV, etc) and diwn 3.5 billioon on theme park side.

The streaming service is the only aspect of Disney "doing well." They are now over 60 million subscribers.

So, whats the logic behind releasing Mulan? They know people are going to bootleg the movie. But the thought is this. If they can convert 50% of current subscribers regarding paying the $30 for the movie that 900 million. They are also betting on new subscribers signing up to see the movie as well. New subscription plus Mulan is $100. Remember this is world wide, not just U.S. So, if they can capture 1 Million new subscriptions with this play, this plus the current subscribers, the total potential earnings is 1 Billion. This does include the limited theater releases, the future DVD release, or the pay per view for non-Disney platforms.

People, you are witnessing the death of movie theaters and the new normal regarding movie releases. However, expect stricter punishment for pirated movies. Have your VPN ready.

Last edited:

Tito_Jackson

Truth Teller
Registered
I'm guessing they hoping schools will pay for this movie to play in auditorium, classrooms, kids parties, kid gatherings
I wouldn't spend 30 for Black Widow. Some people probably feel different about that film but its the 1 Marvel film I could pass on.
Its about scale. They know they will never get 100% of the subscribers to pay $30. But, realistically, 50% might. Hypothetically, if they can get up to 100 million subscribers, they would need a conversation rate of 33% per movie release to hit a billion for each title. So, if this works out regarding Mulan. Expect Black Widow before the end of the year.

Disney is in the red and needs to start recouping movie related liabilities.

code_pirahna

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Disney revenue is down 85% from this time last year. They are down 5 billion on entertainment side (movies, TV, etc) and diwn 3.5 billioon on theme park side.

The streaming service is the only aspect of Disney "doing well." They are now over 60 million subscribers.

So, whats the logic behind releasing Mulan? They know people are going to bootleg the movie. But the thought is this. If they can convert 50% of current subscribers regarding paying the $30 for the movie that 900 million. They are also betting on new subscribers signing up to see the movie as well. New subscription plus Mulan is $100. Remember this is world wide, not just U.S. So, if they can capture 1 Million new subscriptions with this play, this plus the current subscribers, the total potential earnings is 1 Billion. This does include the limited theater releases, the future DVD release, or the pay per view for non-Disney platforms.

People, you are witnessing the death of movie theaters and the new normal regarding movie releases. However, expect stricter punishment for pirated movies. Have your VPN ready.
There is some definite truth in what you are saying. The problem is that this is new. PPV fights have beem around for a while now and people look at them as normal.

PPV movies at the price of $30 is not the norm. Noone associates a one time viewing of a film at that price.

They ll likely get 10 - 15% to buy but that is still in the 300 - 400 million dollar range which likely recoups their money.

Now what they do with Black Widow we will see.

conspiracy_brotha

Woke as fuck
BGOL Investor

Is now a good time to buy some disney stock or wait until the parks start opening up,?

mrdiego2020

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
On September 24th the Mouse House will offer the long delayed “Mulan” on its DisneyPlus service for — wait– 30 bucks. On top of the subscription price. They didn’t even do this with “Hamilton.” So if you’re paying monthly or annually, that just gives you the opportunity to plunk down 30 clams to see “Mulan.”

I wish I would....
I'll wait for bgol cinemas
its gonna be on every movie site .mylansky got it in before me.good ol bgol cinemas.lol

mrcmd187

Controversy Creates Cash
BGOL Investor
Studios will slowly starting switching to streaming and this could slowly see the demises of movie theaters. $29 will be reduced to $19 or $15 we know the high price is basically a piracy tax cause once it steams it will be uploaded for downloading within minutes.

KRAYZIE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Studios will slowly starting switching to streaming and this could slowly see the demises of movie theaters. $29 will be reduced to $19 or $15 we know the high price is basically a piracy tax cause once it steams it will be uploaded for downloading within minutes.
That also means no more blockbusters

Tito_Jackson

Truth Teller
Registered
It will be variable pricing depending on the movie. They know that with some titles, people will pay a premium price. For example, there are many on this site that would pay $30 or more to see a Avengers movie at home if Disney+ was the only option. Everyone wouldn't, but many will.

Also, the assumption is, if you are willing to pay a subscription fee, you are more likely to pay for premium titles. Its targeted marketing. For example, people who own an Apple computer are more likely to buy an Apple watch as compared to those you do not own an Apple computer. So, if you own an Apple computer, you receive special marketing and offers to get these products. Although they are still available to everyone else too.

Last edited:

Tito_Jackson

Truth Teller
Registered
That also means no more blockbusters
I disagree, it just means that they will have to figure out how to do it cheaper, which they can. Actors salaries take up nearly 50% of the entire budget. It is estimated that with Avengers, it was more.

So, if they could reduce the time to film, start using newer lesser known actors, you are looking at a significant reduction in cost. CGI is cheaper than being on location, so expect more of that. But, before you complain, expect to see exponential improvement in CGI since the demand will be higher.

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
I'm guessing they hoping schools will pay for this movie to play in auditorium, classrooms, kids parties, kid gatherings
Smh at that one story about how Disney sued a school this past year for playing The Lion King (remake) to an audience without the right permissions....

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor

No they aren't

They'll stick to streaming for movies that are going to brick

You aren't seeing $250 million dollar movies on streaming. You'll see a $20 million dollar movie. The quality of movies will drop immensely.

These movie studios use loans to finance movies and advertising. All of Hollywood would be dead if studios die.

Tito_Jackson

Truth Teller
Registered
No they aren't

You aren't seeing $250 million dollar movies on streaming. You'll see a $20 million dollar movie. The quality of movies will drop immensely.

These movie studios use loans to finance movies and advertising. All of Hollywood would be dead if studios die.
We will see. You are basing your opinion on movies that have already been made and are in the can. Mulan, Tenent, Black Widow, Wonder Woman 1984, and a few other are now the transition movies. I am positive stidios are revamping budgets, production timelines, and even actor considerations at this very moment.

This is how business works. You don't continue to focus on selling CDs when music stores are closing and people are streaming and playing mp3s.

Same thing is happening. You are witnessing history. One day you will tell your grandkids, "I remember taking your grandma to the movies." And they gonna say, "take her to the movies? Did you take her into the den or something?" Lol!

veritech

Black Votes Matter!
Platinum Member
If you are buying stock, yes buy and hold. Remember. This is a long play so do not look for an immediate return. Its the same with airlines. 9ver time just keep buying. Do not worry that it isn't doing anything right now. Its a long play.

buying airline stock is risky right now.

expect more bankruptcies and consolidation.

Tito_Jackson

Truth Teller
Registered
buying airline stock is risky right now.

expect more bankruptcies and consolidation.
Neither equates to going out of business. Bankruptcy simply means that you have more liability than assets. It is a tactic that allows you to reorganize and restructure. Millionaires and businesses do this more often than you think. Apple, Dodge, and Marvel all have filed chapter 11 at some point in their history.

veritech

Black Votes Matter!
Platinum Member
Neither equates to going out of business. Bankruptcy simply means that you have more liability than assets. It is a tactic that allows you to reorganize and restructure. Millionaires and businesses do this more often than you think. Apple, Dodge, and Marvel all have filed chapter 11 at some point in their history.

bankruptcy means the stock is wiped out in many situations. gm and kmart are two excellent examples.

Tito_Jackson

Truth Teller
Registered
No they aren't

One more point, no studio EVER thinks that a movie is going to brick. Ever! If they did, they wouldn't do it. Many times they were wrong as hell, but absolutely no business spends money without assuming they are goung to make money. Especially movie studios.

Tito_Jackson

Truth Teller
Registered
bankruptcy means the stock is wiped out in many situations. gm and kmart are two excellent examples.
K-Mart is a situation resulting from poor management and poor foresight. They couldn't recover because the brand had been tarnished.

GM is also poor management and foresight. However, they still have quality assets. Corvettes, Camaros, Silverado, and others still sell well.

Delta, Southwest, United, and American are all solid. In fact, if they consolidate........mo money!!! Due to scale and leverage. Air travel will not go away.

One more thing, regarding K-Mart, there were other options. There are no other comparable options to long distance air travel.

The guy that is investing in the ultra high speed rail is on to something. If he can fit in personal seating, he's going to put Amtrak out of business.

Last edited:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

But with all the restrictions that aint gonna be happening ANY time soon.

My kids in private school private bus all the space in the world and the state/city STILL saying they not opening.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
$10 would be ok. Given social distancing, I would drop this for the kids.

$30 is slipping into PPV fight range. Nah

If this is true?

Big mistake

I'm EXACTLY the audience they want too...

Hell i got people to get subscriptions first day and since like im on the damn disney payroll

Mulan was very hyped but also a lot of complaints... not gonna get into here i know people who seen it.

I understand Trolls world tour completely changed the game

But people money is STILL not right.

I think Black Widow? Tenet?

Yeah you getting that money.

But as a parent?

Imma just wait or attend bgol cinemas

However...

I completely understand if the kid keeps nagging you? You gonna get it.

Also if i purchase this movie and its only for one day?

Parents aint gonna do it.

Kids who this is targeteted to and adults?

Gonna want to watch this more than once.

So why not wait a few weeks and see it for "free" on Disney+ ?

veritech

Black Votes Matter!
Platinum Member
K-Mart is a situation resulting from poor management and poor foresight. They couldn't recover because the brand had been tarnished.

GM is also poor management and foresight. However, they still have quality assets. Corvettes, Camaros, Silverado, and others still sell well.

Delta, Southwest, United, and American are all solid. In fact, if they consolidate........mo money!!! Due to scale and leverage. Air travel will not go away.

One more thing, regarding K-Mart, there were other options. There are no other comparable options to long distance air travel.

The guy that is investing in the ultra high speed rail is on to something. If he can fit in personal seating, he's going to put Amtrak out of business.

we were talking stock pricing.

kmart stock went to penny stock literally after bankruptcy.

gm literally split the company in two and let the old company file bankruptcy while moving on with the new company.

anyone that had shares in kmart or gm took a bath.

regarding the airline industry there are going to be some bankruptcies and consolidations. choose wisely.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
damn if they keep it up then black widow might be the same way. 30 bucks cats going to have movie night like a fight party. And at least 3 people would be recording the whole time for the bootlegs.

I'm paying 30 for black widow easy

And i KNOW better but the ladies in my family ALL want to see it.

People gonna SUBSCRIBE just to watch it.

Trust me.