Let's start a IT Come up thread strictly off youtube

totto

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I'll start, I'm trying to work for home got CompTIA A, S, and N and I'm at WGU for a bachelors degree

Linux essentials

SQL

Learn ITIL

Python

Active Directory

These should get you in the door to start, this is what I'm on and I'm doing Linux essentials right now, I forgot alot of stuff since I didn't use it often so I'm back at it.

Really trying to do that WFH but since I'm in school again I really want part time since I want to knock these classes out in months

Also reddit got a ton of gems for dudes trying to go back school

(13) All about CompTIA certifications. (reddit.com)
(13) Reddit - Dive into anything

For dudes considering WGU get in and get out quick because they got a partnership with KFC and you know eventually they're gonna lose value and become a diploma mill, they all do since they hungry for money and the management usually messes up, happens all the time.

At one time Devry was a pretty good school for IT guys but greed got them and now all the loans the students had are getting waived since the DOE has labeled them a scam, eventually managers too money hungry to use common sense, this will happen to a ton of school especially online since so many people will cheat of exams because they protor companies can't even detect RD software.

This is a hustle thread, hopefully some brothers can chime in to help cats get that bread

DragonXJC

I joke and I know things
BGOL Investor
Good information but don't get caught up acquiring every certification known to man. IT Managers are looking for experience, people who can communicate and provide solutions under pressure. You currently have enough certification to get a six figure job in my area. I've hired guys with less and they were getting $90K+, what put them ahead of other candidates with more certs is people skills.

sorcererforemost

Rising Star
Registered
If you really want to start somewhere then you need to include at least the Fundamentals in this so that newcomers have basic understanding of computing.

Throw some basic videos up there. Like IT Fundamentals or o365. That'll get the "point and click" stuff out of the way.

Don't want folks thinking they'll be making 100k in the first month while WFH.

totto

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
This is great but it might get lost in the sauce. Any objection to moving this over to the Business and Networking Board?

Appreciate you posting and happy to see it no matter where it's located.

Only that the traffic there is very minimal, so it will probably get lost eventually but I do agree on the main board it will probably get pushed down due to countless nigga nonsense threads.

totto

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
If you really want to start somewhere then you need to include at least the Fundamentals in this so that newcomers have basic understanding of computing.

Throw some basic videos up there. Like IT Fundamentals or o365. That'll get the "point and click" stuff out of the way.

Don't want folks thinking they'll be making 100k in the first month while WFH.

How's this? Over people's head?

HellBoy

Black Cam Girls -> BlackCamZ.Com
Platinum Member
@totto you've come a long way. Props on your progress.

Like mentioned above, people skills and the ability to explain IT concepts to a layman is a valuable skill set. Don't just collect certs, have some experience in with the associated hardware/software too.

Last edited:

Coldchi

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Python and Java developers are the hottest in demand IT jobs out right now......
Learn either of those and you won't have a problem finding a fully remote job(s) anywhere.

My job has just started an AWS challenge on yesterday. Not only offering exam vouchers, but prizes and shit for those that get certified before April 30th.
Eventhough i took the Solutions Architect course back in 2017 or 2018......i never took the exam after i completed it.
Looks like i'll be taking that exam by the middle of next month.

If you work for a company that will pay for your certifications........................take advantage of that shit.......you will benefit more than your company will.

totto

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Python and Java developers are the hottest in demand IT jobs out right now......
Learn either of those and you won't have a problem finding a fully remote job(s) anywhere.

My job has just started an AWS challenge on yesterday. Not only offering exam vouchers, but prizes and shit for those that get certified before April 30th.
Eventhough i took the Solutions Architect course back in 2017 or 2018......i never took the exam after i completed it.

If you work for a company that will pay for your certifications........................take advantage of that shit.......you will benefit more than your company will.
[/QUOTE

]python is no joke.

Took the class and passed but it was terrible. Let's get a it resume thread going soon for hslok f cats figure out how t get in the door

totto

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

That's my goal to get I to a good company and sit there for 20 years.

Amazon also got a program that literally teaches ypu software develop if you're cool with relocation but they not easy to get into ypu gotta be a full time warehouse employee.

Good come up if ypu can ha dle the labor walmart got something similar too.

Since security is going online mostly with cameras programming will be essential.

Staying hungry though

donwuan

The Legend
BGOL Investor
Good information but don't get caught up acquiring every certification known to man. IT Managers are looking for experience, people who can communicate and provide solutions under pressure. You currently have enough certification to get a six figure job in my area. I've hired guys with less and they were getting $90K+, what put them ahead of other candidates with more certs is people skills.

I don't only look for experience I look for the passion to learn IT. I'll take a young guy with passion over an experienced guy without knowledge of the latest tech. I look for personally but not so much people skills. My team isn't company facing but behind the scenes. I don't let my team make decisions under pressure, our uptime is 99.99%. My guys start at $90k.

DragonXJC

I joke and I know things
BGOL Investor
I don't only look for experience I look for the passion to learn IT. I'll take a young guy with passion over an experienced guy without knowledge of the latest tech. I look for personally but not so much people skills. My team isn't company facing but behind the scenes. I don't let my team make decisions under pressure, our uptime is 99.99%. My guys start at $90k.

Are you hiring?

ScorpDiesel

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Google, Bank of America, IBM and Tesla are hiring with no degree.

Google Career Certificates

BlackRob

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
A recruiter recommended AI training.

Hard to search 'AI' on BGOL with good results.

Looking for any AI resources for beginners
Also
AWS or Google Cloud info - any links.

I bought these off Udemy - $20 each
(maybe if i looked harder could've found them here for free :dunno:)
AWS Certified Practioner
Google Cloud Platform (GCP) Fundamentals for Beginners

Thanks..

My background - QA Automation / Selenium / Cucumber / Java step def (JavaScript)
I automate trading apps win/UI

Coldchi

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
i take my CyberArk Sentry CyberArk Privilege Cloud (CPC-SEN) next month.
my company covering the training and exam......
I may do the CyberArk Guardian after that.

BlackRob

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Looks like I'm answering my own questions.
Don't know how much of below is free but it's a start
beats paying Udemy.

FYI
This is google cloud training

This is Google AI training