Lamont Peterson tests positive.

Alaskanredman

Star
Registered
I don't mind Khan's arrogance or any boxer's for that matter as long as they perform. So Khan lost me during the Peterson fight, but at the same time he has an excuse. The cheating throws a wrench into everything. I was starting to become a Peterson fan and I wasn't feeling Khan that much... even though, he was just starting to earn my respect before that fight.

Zeferino

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Officially just once. But do you really think Roy saw Richard Hall as that much of a threat that he only took PED's for his fight against him? Don't be naive. They didn't even do anything to him since he was the face of boxing and the info "leaked". Roy could have tested positive every time out and we wouldn't have known.

:lol: Wow. Well, we've been through this before and we know Hall had about 5 times as much "roids" in him as Jones did and it didn't seem to help at all. Given that and the other examples of boxers on PEDs, the effectiveness of PEDs on boxers is debateable. There are no real confirmed examples of PEDs causing extraordinary performances. All PED believers can say is "They must work because they let you train longer, they let you build mass, etc", a bunch of theoretical stuff with no real examples that we can see in the ring. At least in baseball, the results are clear.

Anyway, the way things are going and with the criteria people are using to accuse people, virtually any boxer is a suspected PED user. I've seen several arguments of why even Floyd Mayweather should be considered a suspect with even Victor Conte chiming in but of course you guys are not interested in that because of selective criticism and not wanting to put "your boy" in a bad light.:lol:

Upgrade Dave

Rising Star
Registered
Trust me on this. He will argue to get his belts back. Nix the rematch. And ask to fight PBF.

You know I don't trust you but I wouldn't be surprised if he tried that. But Floyd ain't fighting no dude who lost his last fight.
Call Manny, he likes that shit.

I don't mind Khan's arrogance or any boxer's for that matter as long as they perform. So Khan lost me during the Peterson fight, but at the same time he has an excuse. The cheating throws a wrench into everything. I was starting to become a Peterson fan and I wasn't feeling Khan that much... even though, he was just starting to earn my respect before that fight.

I'm the same but he doesn't perform. You would think he learned after the Prescott debacle but he dropped a deuce again against Peterson. Juiced or not, the stain is on Peterson but it doesn't justify Khan's clear lack of preparation.

btw, I say the same thing about Broner. I like him but he needs to beat somebody before he decides to bite Mayweather's gimmick.

Upgrade Dave

Rising Star
Registered
:lol: Wow. Well, we've been through this before and we know Hall had about 5 times as much "roids" in him as Jones did and it didn't seem to help at all. Given that and the other examples of boxers on PEDs, the effectiveness of PEDs on boxers is debateable. There are no real confirmed examples of PEDs causing extraordinary performances. All PED believers can say is "They must work because they let you train longer, they let you build mass, etc", a bunch of theoretical stuff with no real examples that we can see in the ring. At least in baseball, the results are clear.

Anyway, the way things are going and with the criteria people are using to accuse people, virtually any boxer is a suspected PED user. I've seen several arguments of why even Floyd Mayweather should be considered a suspect with even Victor Conte chiming in but of course you guys are not interested in that because of selective criticism and not wanting to put "your boy" in a bad light.:lol:

Yeah, that's what it is.:rolleyes:

Forget he's had the same or similar testing as Peterson for 4 fights and has passed every time.

merce77

Star
Registered

Richard Hall wasn't "superman". Does Hall doing it excuse Roy, who as I said was the face of boxing and next to Jordan probably the best athlete around at the time. Nobody was talking anything theoretical or how "roids help people. they are banned for a reason. I doubt Floyd is on it, why would you be on steroids and ask for testing? And if you're not using steroids, why refuse a test? Simple questions.

Upgrade Dave

Rising Star
Registered
Richard Hall wasn't "superman". Does Hall doing it excuse Roy, who as I said was the face of boxing and next to Jordan probably the best athlete around at the time. Nobody was talking anything theoretical or how "roids help people. they are banned for a reason. I doubt Floyd is on it, why would you be on steroids and ask for testing? And if you're not using steroids, why refuse a test? Simple questions.

And Hall needed to be juiced, he was fighting fucking Roy Jones Jr. The fact that Roy was too does make it look like it was something he did normally. He couldn't have felt threatened by Hall (not dissing Hall but c'mon son).

merce77

Star
Registered
And Hall needed to be juiced, he was fighting fucking Roy Jones Jr. The fact that Roy was too does make it look like it was something he did normally. He couldn't have felt threatened by Hall (not dissing Hall but c'mon son).

:lol:It shouldn't be illegal to fight Roy Jones on ped's man. As a matter of fact no one should have been allowed near a ring with a prime Roy unless they tested positive. Safety concerns and all......

Upgrade Dave

Rising Star
Registered
:lol:It shouldn't be illegal to fight Roy Jones on ped's man. As a matter of fact no one should have been allowed near a ring with a prime Roy unless they tested positive. Safety concerns and all......

:lol::lol:
Shit should have been mandatory, maybe some of those ass whoopings wouldn't have been so bad.

Zeferino

Rising Star
Platinum Member

You obviously are not aware that Lamont Peterson is the one that asked for testing for the fight with Khan. Now, think about that one.:lol:

Zeferino

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Yeah, that's what it is.:rolleyes:

Forget he's had the same or similar testing as Peterson for 4 fights and has passed every time.

It doesn't matter. Peterson got caught on a urine test. Pacquiao has passed this test every time too but that doesn't stop all these people from thinking he's suspicious because Floyd and his pops say he's on "power pellets":lol:. It's obviously not just about passing tests anymore and if that's the case arguments can be made that Floyd or anybody else is on some shit.

Star
Registered

There is nothing debateable about using performance enhancing drugs, they work and that is the bottom line. The one thing they don't do is make a loser into a winner, he will be a much better loser but at the end of the day he still a loser. Anyone that remotely think that these drugs don't help are just uneducated and ignorants.

Upgrade Dave

Rising Star
Registered
It doesn't matter. Peterson got caught on a urine test. Pacquiao has passed this test every time too but that doesn't stop all these people from thinking he's suspicious because Floyd and his pops say he's on "power pellets":lol:. It's obviously not just about passing tests anymore and if that's the case arguments can be made that Floyd or anybody else is on some shit.

No, no, no.

I can't speak for anyone but myself but every reasonable person I spoken to/communicated with was not suspicious of Manny UNTIL he started lying about why he didn't want to take the test.
Lying makes a person looks suspicious.

Zeferino

Rising Star
Platinum Member
:lol:

"As a condition for this rematch, Lamont demanded that Olympic-style random drug testing be implemented. He has been a true advocate for making boxing drug-free and fair. In his 18-year career (10 amateur and eight professional) Lamont Peterson has never failed a drug test and has always complied with the rules beyond this isolated and explainable occurrence.

http://espn.go.com/blog/dan-rafael/post/_/id/1128/lamont-peterson-issues-statement

Zeferino

Rising Star
Platinum Member
There is nothing debateable about using performance enhancing drugs, they work and that is the bottom line. The one thing they don't do is make a loser into a winner, he will be a much better loser but at the end of the day he still a loser. Anyone that remotely think that these drugs don't help are just uneducated and ignorants.

Classic PED argument with no facts or examples. In baseball we have clear facts and examples of the benefits, in boxing we don't. It's like believing in God and religion. If you don't believe it, you're just crazy, wrong and immoral. However, those that do believe it say things "must" be because of God but have no proof or facts to back this up. Same shit.

Alaskanredman

Star
Registered
:lol:

"As a condition for this rematch, Lamont demanded that Olympic-style random drug testing be implemented. He has been a true advocate for making boxing drug-free and fair. In his 18-year career (10 amateur and eight professional) Lamont Peterson has never failed a drug test and has always complied with the rules beyond this isolated and explainable occurrence.

http://espn.go.com/blog/dan-rafael/post/_/id/1128/lamont-peterson-issues-statement

Okay... We already know this, but how does it change that he was using and obviously thought he could beat the tests because he has been beating test. There is no debate about what he did. The second Floyd tests positive then fuck him too. What none of this changes is that avoiding strict testing is a clear red flag.

Zeferino

Rising Star
Platinum Member
No, no, no.

I can't speak for anyone but myself but every reasonable person I spoken to/communicated with was not suspicious of Manny UNTIL he started lying about why he didn't want to take the test.
Lying makes a person looks suspicious.

It wasn't a topic until the Mayweathers made it one. Also, even this thing about Manny lying is debateable. I guess the lying part is about Manny supposedly saying he was scared of needles. Well, Pacquiao never said that, Arum said that. As far as what Pacquiao actually said, he said he didn't like to give blood before a fight because he feels that it weakens him and then he gave the example of the first fight with Erik Morales. Pacquiao's position on the weakening effects of giving blood before a sporting event is held by many trainers and athletes in multiple sports. I think that whether it truly weakens the body depends on the person. Apparently it's a case by case thing. I've personally heard trainers get irate about this topic and adamantly declare they would never allow somebody to take their fighter's blood right before a fight. They swear it weakens a fighter. Me, I just think it's a case by case thing.

Zeferino

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Okay... We already know this, but how does it change that he was using and obviously thought he could beat the tests because he has been beating test. There is no debate about what he did. The second Floyd tests positive then fuck him too. What none of this changes is that avoiding strict testing is a clear red flag.

Merc asked why would Floyd demand testing if he was using. THe point is demanding testing doesn't absolve anyone from being a suspect.

Upgrade Dave

Rising Star
Registered
It wasn't a topic until the Mayweathers made it one. Also, even this thing about Manny lying is debateable. I guess the lying part is about Manny supposedly saying he was scared of needles. Well, Pacquiao never said that, Arum said that. As far as what Pacquiao actually said, he said he didn't like to give blood before a fight because he feels that it weakens him and then he gave the example of the first fight with Erik Morales. Pacquiao's position on the weakening effects of giving blood before a sporting event is held by many trainers and athletes in multiple sports. I think that whether it truly weakens the body depends on the person. Apparently it's a case by case thing. I've personally heard trainers get irate about this topic and adamantly declare they would never allow somebody to take their fighter's blood right before a fight. They swear it weakens a fighter. Me, I just think it's a case by case thing.

Horseshit. It wasn't a public topic until the Mayweathers said something but I had seen and heard the grumbling before that and they were the first to say it publicly.

No one was going to take his blood before a fight. Floyd had the same testing for the JMM fight and I don't recall either of them giving blood right before the fight. The option is left open but they're not going to do it and even on the outside chance they did, they would do it for both fighters.
So Arum lied for him and he didn't correct it. That's lying.

None of this is relevent to Lamont Peterson, who has tested positive or Amir Khan who will never be a great fighter.

Alaskanredman

Star
Registered
Merc asked why would Floyd demand testing if he was using. THe point is demanding testing doesn't absolve anyone from being a suspect.

The question be why would Peterson ask for it now we know he was using, but in the case of Mayweather, he has proposed what is considered the toughest tests and hasn't tested positive and he was the first person to make a big deal out of it so until any of that changes, it is ridiculous to make claims against him. Peterson tested positive so it isn't the same situation.

Zeferino

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Horseshit. It wasn't a public topic until the Mayweathers said something but I had seen and heard the grumbling before that and they were the first to say it publicly.

No one was going to take his blood before a fight. Floyd had the same testing for the JMM fight and I don't recall either of them giving blood right before the fight. The option is left open but they're not going to do it and even on the outside chance they did, they would do it for both fighters.
So Arum lied for him and he didn't correct it. That's lying.

None of this is relevent to Lamont Peterson, who has tested positive or Amir Khan who will never be a great fighter.

If you're referring to taking blood on the day of the fight or the day before, that definitely was an issue. Mayweather and the PED police were definitely demanding at one point that Pacquiao give blood even on the very day of the fight.

To me, the Peterson situation is relevant only in the sense that people assume Mayweather is innocent of being on PEDs because he happens to be the one barking the loudest about the need to "clean up the sport" and Pacquiao being on something albeit without proof. Peterson was also demanding tests and shit and guess who came up positive. Mayweather is just as guilty of PED use as Pacquiao as both have tested clean every time. The only difference is Mayweather goes aroound accusing Pacquiao of PED use and Pacquiao doesn't accuse Mayweather.

This stuff about Arum saying Pacquiao is afraid of needles is not enough in my mind to declare Pacquiao a liar and therefore guilty of using PEDs.

Actually, Mayweather recently appeared in a video where they ask him about testosterone and Mayweather says he has no idea what that is. He should know what it is because he used to hang out with Don Hale earlier in his career. I know you guys say you are objective but imagine if Pacquiao appeared in a video saying that. Alaskan would have opened like 5 threads by now and you guys would be having a party over having "proof" that Pacquiao is a lying power pellet eating fool.:lol:

Upgrade Dave

Rising Star
Registered
If you're referring to taking blood on the day of the fight or the day before, that definitely was an issue. Mayweather and the PED police were definitely demanding at one point that Pacquiao give blood even on the very day of the fight.

To me, the Peterson situation is relevant only in the sense that people assume Mayweather is innocent of being on PEDs because he happens to be the one barking the loudest about the need to "clean up the sport" and Pacquiao being on something albeit without proof. Peterson was also demanding tests and shit and guess who came up positive. Mayweather is just as guilty of PED use as Pacquiao as both have tested clean every time. The only difference is Mayweather goes aroound accusing Pacquiao of PED use and Pacquiao doesn't accuse Mayweather.

No.

One of those two has undergone stringent testing and number of times (the type that caught Peterson), the other has not. They are not on the same level at this point so Manny can't accuse Floyd of anything.

This stuff about Arum saying Pacquiao is afraid of needles is not enough in my mind to declare Pacquiao a liar and therefore guilty of using PEDs.

No said he was guilty (at least I didn't), I said it made many people who weren't suspicious suspicious.

Jordan Diddy Buk

Support BGOL
Registered
You know I don't trust you but I wouldn't be surprised if he tried that. But Floyd ain't fighting no dude who lost his last fight.
Call Manny, he likes that shit.

I'm the same but he doesn't perform. You would think he learned after the Prescott debacle but he dropped a deuce again against Peterson. Juiced or not, the stain is on Peterson but it doesn't justify Khan's clear lack of preparation.

btw, I say the same thing about Broner. I like him but he needs to beat somebody before he decides to bite Mayweather's gimmick.

"I don't trust you" Like you even know me. lol, damn people on this interwebs thing. Cracks me up.

Upgrade Dave

Rising Star
Registered
"I don't trust you" Like you even know me. lol, damn people on this interwebs thing. Cracks me up.

That was my point, actually. I don't know you so how can I really trust you? It's not like I said "I don't like you". Relax. Shit, I even agreed with you.

Zeferino

Rising Star
Platinum Member
No.

One of those two has undergone stringent testing and number of times (the type that caught Peterson), the other has not. They are not on the same level at this point so Manny can't accuse Floyd of anything.

No said he was guilty (at least I didn't), I said it made many people who weren't suspicious suspicious.

Of course he can accuse Mayweather. Mayweather was accusing Manny long before any stringent testing was done. Actually, the testing isn't really that stringent anyway. The testing should be done year round if they really want to do "Olympic" style testing. Stringent testing and all, I can think of several arguements that one could use to say Mayweather might be on PEDs. I've read several that could seem credible. Even Victor Conte had one for Mayweather. Personally, I don't care for any of that stuff and that's why you won't see me in here trying to push any theory about Mayweather on PEDs. I believe in innocent until proven guilty to the fullest.

I think that spreading rumors about a fighter being on PEDs without proof is detrimental to the sport on many levels. People think they are helping the sport with this but they are destroying its integrity. More stringent testing is good but not calling out guys and accusing them of cheating. Now guys left and right are starting to accuse their opponents of being on something just because they lose or don't want to fight. Mayweather accusing Pacquiao, Pascal accusing Hopkins, Berto accusing Ortiz and then joining Victor Conte, :lol:. This is some really lame behavior.

It's fucking ridiculous especially given the fact that PEDs haven't proven to give boxers extraordinary results anyway. If PED use among boxers is as rampant as people claim and they are supposed to give all these tremendous edges, we should be seeing an unprecedented amount of knockouts in boxing lately. On the contrary, it seems like we have less punchers nowadays and less knockouts.

Upgrade Dave

Rising Star
Registered
Manny can accuse Floyd of anything he wants to but the rebuttal would be "I've been through the more rigorous testing 4 times and never came up dirty. Where are your test results from the same thing?"

That would end that. Manny and Co. aren't THAT foolish.

Upgrade Dave

Rising Star
Registered
Peterson beat Holt, now what? He's a big jr welter so I would suggest he move up where there are a lot of good fights to be had. With HBO looking to fill in the void Floyd Mayweather left, guys need to be trying to get as many quality fights as they can.

tp2001

Star
Registered
Peterson beat Holt, now what? He's a big jr welter so I would suggest he move up where there are a lot of good fights to be had.

Nooooo he needs to stay at 140...wait to see who wins the Garcia-Judah fight first. Hell, look at the other fighters in the division:

Brandon Rios
Lucas Matthysse
Mike Alvarado
Amir Khan

Shoot that's a bunch of good matchups that would last for at least two years

Upgrade Dave

Rising Star
Registered
Nooooo he needs to stay at 140...wait to see who wins the Garcia-Judah fight first. Hell, look at the other fighters in the division:

Brandon Rios
Lucas Matthysse
Mike Alvarado
Amir Khan

Shoot that's a bunch of good matchups that would last for at least two years

He could do that too but when you're as big as he is for the division, moving up would be the smarter course. He wouldnt have to drain his body so badly.
You noted Khan but I think he should move up too. They should look at Victor Ortiz and how much stronger he looked once he moved up.