Lakers to sign Artest/Odom let Ariza go.

Costanza

Rising Star
Registered
I haven't heard this. Does Artest really command that much money? I'd like to see him replace Odom but they need to keep Ariza, too many scrubs on that Laker bench.

Coldchi

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
just a rumor.....as far as i know, the Lakers will re-sign both Odom and Ariza.

Ming Fei Hong

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
"Quit playin' with my emotions, man!"

big-worm.jpg

Costanza

Rising Star
Registered
Is there a source on this or is it one of those rumors that got started the second someone hit "submit new thread"?

Edit: I just re-read the title, I thought it had them letting bot Odom and Ariza go... Why would they choose Odom over Ariza? Ariza will probably be cheaper and better overall... As long as they keep one, I'd be cool with the addition of Artest, but Ariza >>> Candyman "Inconsistency" Odom

DjMorpheus

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Tired of mufuckas just pullin shit outta they ass and postin it here like it's news or some shit.

april69

Star
Registered
Ariza is so over rated its ridiculous. dude steped in front of two passes thrown right to him and he made some wide open jumpers cause 4 men were checking kobe. he got abused by melo and didn't show up in most of the playoff games. by the time another team figures out he aint worth it ariza will be lighting cigars with 100 dollar bills

if the )akers get artest just mail the title to LA

blooo

Star
Registered
It's a rumor heard it on a radio show. there is an article about it. can the lakers afford him though ?? dude wants 12M, i think it a way to down play ariza's request of 8-9 million.

http://blogs.pe.com/prosports/2009/06/could-artest-be-on-the-lakers.html

If either Ariza or Odom prove to be too expensive for the Lakers, one backup option could be Houston forward Ron Artest, a player Kupchak has targeted in the past.

Agent David Bauman said Tuesday afternoon that the Lakers, Cleveland Cavs and Orlando Magic were three teams he expected to join Houston in pursuit of Artest.

"Ron's tight with Kobe," Bauman said. "From a basketball perspective, the Lakers make perfect sense. Ron is a winner. His best fit is when he's on a winning team. He shoots the three, posts up smaller guys, and defensively he's a beast. Certainly those are skills a contending team would find attractive."

Bauman would not discuss salary demands for Artest, but few teams have the cap room to pay more than the mid-level exception, expected to be valued at slightly less than $6 million.

Artest has said his first choice would be to re-sign with Houston, a fact that Bauman said hasn't changed despite Yao Ming's foot injury being more serious than first believed.

"He's hopeful Yao is going to be healthy," Bauman said. "Even if Yao misses some time, Ron's confident Yao will be back on the court. It's not affecting his decision one way or the other."

thundercat

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Houston isn't letting Artest go anywhere, and I doubt the Lakers could afford both Artest and Odom. Ariza is good, but he isn't gonna make Artest money.

FLoss

“You better learn to work with the illegals nigga”
BGOL Investor
The thought of Artest in Purple and Gold got the laker hating ho nation shook.

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Would never happen. Artest gonna take a pay cut? Lakers just need to make sure they sign Ariza and see what they can do with Odom if they want to spend the money on him. The fuck is wrong with them?