kwame kilpatrick is out

HeathCliff

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Former Detroit Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick granted early release from prison, report says

1 hour ago:

VAiz4hustlaz

Proud ADOS and not afraid to step to da mic!
BGOL Investor
1 hour ago:

Wow!:smh:

sahusahir

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Just read the "Controversies, felony trials, and incarceration" section of
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kwame_Kilpatrick

Kwame was doing the most. He remind me of them niggas that was running compton, CA when the mayor was imprisoned & the police dept. Dismantled. I am not one of these law & order niggas on this board, but on this one, I'ma save my concern & outrage...

Last edited:

ronmch20

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Dude could have gone a long way in Detroit politics, but arrogance and not knowing how to cover your ass ruined him. One thing's for sure he won't be sexting his former side piece Christine Beatty, then again the girl must have had some bomb pussy so maybe he will. :rolleyes:.

KunningLinguist

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Dude could have gone a long way in Detroit politics, but arrogance and not knowing how to cover your ass ruined him. One thing's for sure he won't be sexting his former side piece Christine Beatty, then again the girl must have had some bomb pussy so maybe he will. :rolleyes:.

COINTELPRO

Transnational Member
Registered
I was looking into his case to study political 'corruption' and came up with interesting facts. He was linked to a murder hit on some women that was filing complaints against him.

The system of compensating political candidates needs to change especially for minority candidates. Look at AOC with all the media exposure she has with little to no money outside the Capitol Police to defend herself. We have seen how the private sector can do us such as Kaepernick, MLK, Jesse Jackson Jr., Rosa Parks, Huey Newton, and many others. The FBI was known to target white people that donated to civil right causes such as Jean Seberg.

It is hard to judge the character based on these 'corruption' cases; however, Biden/Obama/Kamala is a piece of garbage from doing other nefarious things.

Last edited:

veritech

Black Votes Matter!
Platinum Member

he is not out. yet.

i really hope that the family is not talking with 45's team behind the scenes to drop some bullshit tmrw.

34real

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The feds don't work like that with all these anouncements if anything that will hold you up for safety reasons on both ends.

All these so-called early releases and shit is suspect and there's only two reasons for early release;
-You're too sick and they don't want to be responcible for you or your illness's and you have to be all fucked up before they release you and you still have to report and some have to live in a halfway house,depends.
-You know,you decided to help the boys in any form or fashion on past and current crimes,this happens more than you think from so-called gangsters who can't live with dying in prison which is harder than it looks,which you can do all kinds of things in the feds from emailing,texting,calling,whatever they continue to give you rope to hang yourself,over and over again.

Other than that ain't no early release's not federal time.

veritech

Black Votes Matter!
Platinum Member
The feds don't work like that with all these anouncements if anything that will hold you up for safety reasons on both ends.

All these so-called early releases and shit is suspect and there's only two reasons for early release;
-You're too sick and they don't want to be responcible for you or your illness's and you have to be all fucked up before they release you and you still have to report and some have to live in a halfway house,depends.
-You know,you decided to help the boys in any form or fashion on past and current crimes,this happens more than you think from so-called gangsters who can't live with dying in prison which is harder than it looks,which you can do all kinds of things in the feds from emailing,texting,calling,whatever they continue to give you rope to hang yourself,over and over again.

Other than that ain't no early release's not federal time.

third reason:

in this particular scenario 45 pardons or commutes in order to depress the black vote in detroit.

darth frosty

Dark Lord of the Sith
BGOL Investor

Here is what the White House said about the commutation:

"President Trump commuted the sentence of the former Mayor of Detroit, Kwame Malik Kilpatrick. This commutation is strongly supported by prominent members of the Detroit community, Alveda King, Alice Johnson, Diamond and Silk, Pastor Paula White, Peter Karmanos, Representative Sherry Gay-Dagnogo of the Michigan House of Representatives, Representative Karen Whitsett of the Michigan House of Representatives, and more than 30 faith leaders."

The statement continued:

"Mr. Kilpatrick has served approximately 7 years in prison for his role in a racketeering and bribery scheme while he held public office. During his incarceration, Mr. Kilpatrick has taught public speaking classes and has led Bible Study groups with his fellow inmates."

Detroit Mayor Mike Duggan, meanwhile, had a different take on the commutation, saying Trump got it right.

"Kwame Kilpatrick is a person of great talent who still has much to contribute. I know how close he is to his three sons and I could not be happier for them being together again. This is a decision President Trump got right," Duggan said in a statement Wednesday morning.

According to the White House, Trump pardoned 73 individuals, and commuted the sentences of 70 more, including Kilpatrick, whose conviction still stands. Under a commutation, a person can be freed from prison, but the conviction sticks. A pardon erases the conviction.

While prison officials shot down Kilpatrick, the persistent prisoner held on, clinging to one final hope: Trump would set him free.

Meanwhile, Kilpatrick is facing a mountain of debt when he gets out of prison — about $11 million, according to court records. His debts include:

• $552,862 judgement for accepting private jet travel to Vegas, golf outings, Prince tickets and massages from an investor who was trying to close a $117-million deal with the city's pension funds.
  • $7.4-million judgement issued to a minority contractor who sued Kilpatrick and his convicted contractor friend Bobby Ferguson, claiming water contracts were unfairly steered to Ferguson.
  • $852,000 in restitution to the City of Detroit stemming from the text message scandal. His last payment was made in 2013 — the year of his federal conviction.
  • $1.5 million in restitution to the Detroit water department stemming from his 2013 federal conviction, which involved steering lucrative contracts to Ferguson, who got 21 years in prison for his crimes.
  • $195,000 to the Internal Revenue Service for unpaid taxes.

However, given Kilpatrick's financial status , his debtors aren’t likely to get their money anytime soon as he has previously said he is broke, and has only 96 cents in the bank.

peterlongshort

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Hate niggas that get off on their own ppl, but 28 yrs was still too far much. Would've been good with a solid 10 tho

The dude that did the Flint shit is still walking around in the freeworld. I'm estactic. I won't say anything bad about Trump from this day forward. We good.

Hey Julian!

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
For the Detroit people.

What did Kwame do to make him a hero?

Was he good for Detroit or just good for himself?
He wasn't a hero in Detroit, his dad had a good legacy in the city which made him more popular and he was young Black at the time and said all the right shit. He fucked everything up by being a sloppy idiot with it. He had the swag but no finesse. Could be a great leader, but when you let the nigga shit nigga creep into politics its always gone be a wrap. Coulda literally been the next Obama if he was on the straight and narrow.

veritech

Black Votes Matter!
Platinum Member
The dude that did the Flint shit is still walking around in the freeworld. I'm estactic. I won't say anything bad about Trump from this day forward. We good.

"that dude" that did the flint shit just got criminally charged.