Kobe drops 62 in 3 qtrs

Havoc

Support BGOL
Registered
Yeah, even though I didn't see it, I did get highlights and saw the stats.

18 for 31, 33 minutes, 4-10 3 pt. shooting, 20+ free throws (something like 22-25), From what I've read, he didn't play at all in the fourth quarter, and from what some of the announcers have said, at his rate of scoring, he could have broken the 100 mark (he averaged 1.87 points per minute played).

RunawaySlave

Zeitgeist
BGOL Investor
One of the FTs was because Avery Johnson was so incensed
at his team, he ended up getting T'd. I think twice, if I'm not
mistaken. Amazing how easy it is to go to the hole against
teams with faggity Euros supposedly guarding the paint. I feel
sorry for Josh and Avery.....and Erick Dampier. Because HE will
become the scapegoat

cranrab

Star
BGOL Investor
that same night shaq went nuts from the floor

i was on the road that night, so i didn't get to see the game...

i heard tobe shot 18-31 FGAs that night, so that's respectable...

the OBVIOUS difference was the FTAs, as noted above by H...

22-25 FTAs... :puke: that included 3 technical fouls

the WHOLE MAVERICKS squad only went to the CHARITY stripe 30 times combined...

RunawaySlave

Zeitgeist
BGOL Investor
Check out the boxscore for the Laker game tonight (12/23)
This is a much more feasible way to win as a team than one
man scoring 60 points a night.

Havoc

Support BGOL
Registered
RunawaySlave said:
Check out the boxscore for the Laker game tonight (12/23)
This is a much more feasible way to win as a team than one
man scoring 60 points a night.

I agree, there is. But I can promise you that we will NOT see a consistent Lakers' team playing today. It's just too good to be true. lol

RunawaySlave

Zeitgeist
BGOL Investor
Havoc said:
I agree, there is. But I can promise you that we will NOT see a consistent Lakers' team playing today. It's just too good to be true. lol

Yes, but unfortunately, the inconsistent one is Kobe. Check out
the line today. Lakers took 85 shots as a team, Kobe took
30. More than 33% of the total. Now check out the other
four starters....There combined shooting percentage was 50%
Kobe shot under 40%. And the other bench players (including
1-6 from Kwame Brown, who probably had to guard Shaq awhile)
was terrible. But the STARTERS shot the ball very well. But each
starter, individually got very little chances to do so....

I maintain, that when the Lakers distribute the ball more evenly,
with Kobe getting around 25% of the shots, they are more
cohesive as a unit. Therefore, they should win more. As long as
they're not turning the ball over too much

When Kobe takes 28, 29, 30, 33% or more of the shots....they will
NOT be as successful, UNLESS Kobe hits a high percentage of
those shots, meaning over 60%. Which does not happen
often (for anybody, much less for one man).....

This ain't got nothing to do with it being Kobe Bryant doing the
shooting. This is a *BASIC basketball principle and is *USUALLY
understood by people who understand the game

(*words not capitalized or italicized for Brotha Havoc)

Last edited:

Havoc

Support BGOL
Registered
If only the Lakers had more scoring options! Jordan had Pippen, Kerr (exclusively for 3's), Duncan has Parker (and Minobli), and Hakeem had Clyde. WHY?!

I was pissed off at the end of the game, knowing that Kobe had a bad shooting night, even if his points didn't show it. Eight rebounds and six assists are good, but the shooting kind of messed up his other stats.

I wish we could have seen some of Andrew Bynum (I don't think I saw him in that game); maybe next time. Kwame Brown actually played a lot better against Shaq than I thought he would. I was expecting Kwame to break his neak from looking up at Shaq all the time because he was getting dunked on, but that wasn't the case. Not always, anyway. Good performance from Brian Cook. He's emerging as a solid role player for the Lakers. Statistically speaking, Lamar Odom's 5-12 isn't much better than Kobe's 12-30.

I don't know how many people actually expected the Lakers to win, but I did expect them to make it a close game. At 97-92, it was close enough for me. Maybe next time we'll come out on top.

RunawaySlave

Zeitgeist
BGOL Investor
Statistically speaking, Lamar Odom's 5-12 isn't much better than Kobe's 12-30.

Well, it's 42% for Odom versus 40% for Kobe, but if Odom hits his
next two shots, he's at 50%....But he'll never get the chance though

Not only that, but Odom (who I do NO like), is more likely to shoot
forced shots because he knows the ball may not come his way again.
So in a non-cohesive setting, 5-12 really isn't that bad....Now if he
shot 42% on THIRTY shots, then he would need to chill because he's
getting plenty of opportunities to find his groove

RunawaySlave

Zeitgeist
BGOL Investor
12/26/2005

Lakers took 75 shots. Kobe took 27. That's slightly more than
33% of the total, for the team. The other four starters shot 16-34
(47%). Their 34 shots resulted in 44 points....

Final score: Wizards over Lakers 94-91

But who am I?? This is just my opinion.....
Riiiight?? :hmm:

RunawaySlave

Zeitgeist
BGOL Investor
One more thing....this stat line???
It's NOT an anomaly. It's been known
to happen about twice a week....That's
why I don't even bother to discuss it
anymore

RunawaySlave

Zeitgeist
BGOL Investor
12-28-05

Lakers took 84 shots. Kobe took 37. That's a whopping 44% of
the total for the team!!! The other four starters shot 20-41 for
48%. Their 41 shots resulted in 48 points. Not as good as last
game, but still not bad

Final score: Grizzlies over Lakers 100-99 in OT

Is there really any need to keep doing this?? I mean
the proof is happening every game. If he doesn't hit
60% of his shots, it's just not gonna work

Clever

Support BGOL
Registered
RunawaySlave said:
12-28-05

Lakers took 84 shots. Kobe took 37. That's a whopping 44% of
the total for the team!!! The other four starters shot 20-41 for
48%. Their 41 shots resulted in 48 points. Not as good as last
game, but still not bad

Final score: Grizzlies over Lakers 100-99 in OT

Is there really any need to keep doing this?? I mean
the proof is happening every game. If he doesn't hit
60% of his shots, it's just not gonna work

very informative. Let me just reinerate that his teamates shot 48% combined while Kobe shot a whopping 33% on 13-37 shooting. Did yall see Wobe go for the out of control reverse layout at the buzzer while 3 of his teams were wide open?

cranrab

Star
BGOL Investor
Clever said:
Did yall see Wobe go for the out of control reverse layout at the buzzer while 3 of his teams were wide open?

EVERY game... shaquille o'neal had to clean up tobe's garbage play for years, now it's up to kwame brown, lamar odom and devean george to grab the O rebounds created by tobe's trash shots...

Havoc

Support BGOL
Registered
I wish the Lakers would have never played Miami. There was so much hype surrounding that game that it completely threw the Lakers off course. Granted, this is NOT the sole reason for the way that they've been playing. I'm simply stating that Lakers took a step forward a couple of weeks ago, but ever since the loss to Miami, they've taken two steps back.

I honestly think that Phil Jackson said it best on this page.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/baske...,1,6306644.story?coll=la-headlines-sports-nba

Who thinks that Ron Artest will be coming to the Lakers? Who wants to see Devean George gone?

cranrab

Star
BGOL Investor
@ Havoc

H,

in the past, you've paraphrased something to the effect of:

"if tobe is playing so poorly, why would coach jackson leave him on the floor?"

to that, i respond with this direct post game quote from the memphis v. fakers game:

Q: Is it disappointing on some level when Kobe has these games where he doesn't involve the other guys as much as he could?

A: There was a period out there where one of our statisticians said, I think he took ten consecutive shots out there in that period of time. And I was aware of that happening out there on the floor, but I wasn't aware of the number. I just felt like we had to get somebody in there to go away from him for a while to allow him to settle into the game. And that happened and we got a little lead back and things started working well. Luke came in and did some things for us that were good there. But that overwhelmes the game sometimes and makes it difficult for the other guys to function. Kobe has to be aware of that, and we talked about it, and we understand it. Yet he has to find that balance. There's a fine balance for him.

unfortunately, tobe hasn't in the past, and he can't now... why? because he's a EURO DUNCE... nothing more, nothing less...

cranrab

Star
BGOL Investor
@ HAVOC part 2

H,

a third of the NBA season is behind us already. are you prepared to revisit our disagreement again?

my positions have not changed in any way, shape or form. each point has been backed numerous times by FACTS and TRUTH.

what say you?

by the way, if you are familiar with critical thinking, please provide your opinion on why tobe supporters UNIFORMLY rely on the following logical fallacies to support tobe:

Attacking the Person
(argumentum ad hominem)

Definition:

The person presenting an argument is attacked instead of the
argument itself. This takes many forms. For example, the
person's character, nationality or religion may be attacked.
Alternatively, it may be pointed out that a person stands to
gain from a favourable outcome. Or, finally, a person may be
attacked by association, or by the company he keeps.
There are three major forms of Attacking the Person:
(1) ad hominem (abusive): instead of attacking an assertion,
the argument attacks the person who made the assertion.
(2) ad hominem (circumstantial): instead of attacking an
assertion the author points to the relationship between the
person making the assertion and the person's circumstances.

Coincidental Correlation
(post hoc ergo propter hoc )

Definition:

The name in Latin means "after this therefore because of this".
This describes the fallacy. An author commits the fallacy when
it is assumed that because one thing follows another that the
one thing was caused by the other.

Joint Effect

Definition:

One thing is held to cause another when in fact both are the
effect of a single underlying cause. This fallacy is often
understood as a special case of post hoc ergo prompter hoc.

Wrong Direction

Definition:

The relation between cause and effect is reversed.

xfactor

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
In here watching the heat @ pistons game an David Aldridge claimed that Wobe and Lamar Odom got into a fist fight after the game against Washington the other day. If this is true, what is wrong with that bitch Wobe? He wants to attack his teammates yet he is the reason they aren't involved in the offense and he is the reason there is no team chemistry.

Cranrab brought up an example of how Wobe supporters typically respond when getting hit with facts. I know everytime I explain to a fan that Wobe isn't shit they like to respond with 'Oh you are just a hater' or 'did you not see Bryant drop xx points? His team just sucks!'

Shit is getting out of hand when people act like Wobe is getting 30 + ppg taking good shots and playing efficient basketball so I don't know. Its like arguing with a 2 year old :smh:

RunawaySlave

Zeitgeist
BGOL Investor
Havoc said:
Who thinks that Ron Artest will be coming to the Lakers? Who wants to see Devean George gone?

That might end up being disasterous. Artest is just as dumb
as Kobe, but not nearly as talented.

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
xfactor said:
In here watching the heat @ pistons game an David Aldridge claimed that Wobe and Lamar Odom got into a fist fight after the game against Washington the other day. If this is true, what is wrong with that bitch Wobe? He wants to attack his teammates yet he is the reason they aren't involved in the offense and he is the reason there is no team chemistry.

Cranrab brought up an example of how Wobe supporters typically respond when getting hit with facts. I know everytime I explain to a fan that Wobe isn't shit they like to respond with 'Oh you are just a hater' or 'did you not see Bryant drop xx points? His team just sucks!'

Shit is getting out of hand when people act like Wobe is getting 30 + ppg taking good shots and playing efficient basketball so I don't know. Its like arguing with a 2 year old :smh:

Especially when you all just run up here after a loss or bad game

David Alridge said they got in to an argument and had to be seperated. Not that they got in a fist fight. Another example of people hearing what they want to hear when it comes to Kobe.

Also, if you played team basketball...you would know that you fight and argue with your teammates :rolleyes:

xfactor

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Complex said:
Especially when you all just run up here after a loss or bad game

Ya know... Almost ALL of Wobe's games are bad if you look at the game from an objective perspective and stop trying to equate selfish scoring binges to having a good game.

The lakers are now on a 3 game losing streak (mainly due to Wobe's increased FGA and DECREASE in shooting percentage) and the fact that the TEAM players on the team are being held back buy the destructive play of your boyhood idol.

Complex said:
David Alridge said they got in to an argument and had to be seperated. Not that they got in a fist fight. Another example of people hearing what they want to hear when it comes to Kobe.

Also, if you played team basketball...you would know that you fight and argue with your teammates :rolleyes:

I heard DA say that they were involved in a physical altercation (which isn't a surprise because of Wobe's history of fist fights with his teammates).

And if you ever played basketball at a significant level( that received local, state, and national media coverage) :rolleyes: then you would know that the media is a master of not only the manipulation of unknowing fans:rolleyes: but sugar coating what goes on outside of the public eye :yes:

Last edited:

Clever

Support BGOL
Registered
xfactor said:
Ya know... Almost ALL of Wobe's games are bad if you look at the game from an objective perspective and stop trying to equate selfish scoring binges to having a good game.

The lakers are now on a 3 game losing streak (mainly due to Wobe's increased FGA and DECREASE in shooting percentage) and the fact that the TEAM players on the team are being held back buy the destructive play of your boyhood idol.

I heard DA say that they were involved in a physical altercation (which isn't a surprise because of Wobe's history of fist fights with his teammates).

And if you ever played basketball at a significant level( that received local, state, and national media coverage) :rolleyes: then you would know that the media is a master of not only the manipulation of unknowing fans:rolleyes: but sugar coating what goes on outside of the public eye :yes:

I hope Lamar fucked his ass up. Why doesnt the whole team just house his ass in the locker room. Control his ass through tyranny. :lol:

RunawaySlave

Zeitgeist
BGOL Investor
xfactor said:

Here's the AP story:

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=yspsctnhdln>Lakers G Bryant suspended two games for flagrant foul</TD></TR><TR><TD height=7><SPACER height="1" type="block" width="1"></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>December 30, 2005

NEW YORK (Ticker) - Kobe Bryant has more problems.

Bryant, the Los Angeles Lakers superstar, was suspended Friday for two games by the NBA for a flagrant foul against Memphis Grizzlies' forward Mike Miller in Wednesday's contest. But Bryant's problems apparently don't end with the league. According to the New York Post, Bryant and teammate Lamar Odom engaged in an angry confrontation after the Lakers' loss at Washington on Monday.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Against Memphis, Bryant was called for a flagrant foul for elbowing Miller in the throat during the fourth quarter. The incident was originally ruled a Flagrant Foul Penalty One and subsequently upgraded by the NBA to a Penalty Two.

The foul occurred after Bryant, who scored 45 points in the 100-99 overtime loss, suffered a bloody, inch-long gash above his left eye early in the third quarter on a drive against Miller.

Bryant left the game in an agitated state to get his eye patched up and returned moments later and hit three straight 3-pointers.

"They should come after me," Bryant said after the game. "I'm going to come after them. That's how we have to play, we have to be aggressive. This is our home court, we can't allow people to just come down the middle of the lane and dunk the ball. It just can't happen. We've got to stop that."

The confrontation with Odom on Monday led to the smashing of lights and damaging of a TV monitor belonging to the Lakers' flagship station.

Bryant was angry at Odom for supposedly botching a pick-and-roll that was to set up a 3-point shot for Bryant that could have tied the game, the newspaper reported.

As the pair got closer to the Lakers' dressing room, Bryant was yelling at Odom. Odom yelled back and that's when Bryant reportedly went after Odom. In doing so, Bryant kicked over the lights and a chair holding the monitor. The newspaper said Bryant's security force of two quickly intervened and separated the pair.

The Post said they again exchanged heated words and challenges in the locker room and that the tension was so intense one of the security guys accompanied Odom to the back of the charter bus and sat nearby on the trip to the airport while the other sat in the front with Bryant, the last member of the Lakers to board.

The Lakers' superstar will miss two games with the Utah Jazz on January 1 and 3.

<!-- 1135976870-0001682458 1135976878 -->

Updated on Friday, Dec 30, 2005 4:07 pm EST

cranrab

Star
BGOL Investor
SMUSH PARKER officially a hater!

welcome to the club, william!

here is a quote following the memphis v. fakers game:

"It seems to me that in the third and fourth quarter, we just stop running our offense," guard Smush Parker said. "We stop moving the ball around, stop cutting, the ball stops being swung around. It is really hurting the team. The ball moves in the first half. Everybody got some touches and everybody was in the game [against Memphis]."

let's see... tobe took 13 FGAs in the 1st half, and 24 FGAs in the 2nd half... WHO DO YOU THINK HE WAS TALKING ABOUT?

:lol:

hmmm... chucky atkins last year, and william parker this year... maybe those HATERS know something the average FAN can't comprehend?

:smh:

cranrab

Star
BGOL Investor
quotes from l.a. times re: suspension

for the record, i agree that the 2 game suspension is too harsh... but, tobe could have been a little shrewder at masking the intentional foul he handed out... clear and obvious payback for the earlier play makes it difficult to be lenient with discipline...

dwyane wade's retaliatory elbow to tobe's chest was more subtle by far...

Kobe Suspended 2 Games for Elbowing Miller
By Associated Press

3:24 PM PST, December 30, 2005

EL SEGUNDO, Calif. — Los Angeles Lakers star Kobe Bryant was suspended for two games without pay Friday for elbowing Mike Miller of the Memphis Grizzlies in the throat.

Bryant was called for a flagrant foul for elbowing Miller with 8:24 remaining in the fourth quarter in Wednesday night's 100-99 overtime loss to the Grizzlies. He is scheduled to serve his suspension Sunday, when the Lakers host Utah, and Tuesday, when Los Angeles plays at the Jazz.

"Very surprised. Shocked, actually. Very, very surprised," Bryant said after practice Friday. "Angry and frustrated. I've been hit with a couple of flagrant fouls already this year. I've been hit with a clothesline and no suspensions come of that. and I get two games for this?"

After the game, Bryant was unapologetic. He was cut over his left eye early in the third quarter when Miller elbowed him while driving to the basket. Bryant left the game briefly, and took three stitches to close the wound.

"Any player that was going to come down the lane at that point in time, I was going to let him know that he just can't walk through there," Bryant said after the game. "I think we as a team have to do a better job of establishing that. And me, as a leader of the ballclub, I've got to take the initiative to do that -- and hopefully, everybody will see that.

"This being our home court, people come here and think it's Hollywood and all sorts of stuff, so they think they'll come down (the lane) and look pretty and shoot jump shots and dunk the ball and finger-roll the ball and do all sorts of cute stuff. And we've got to stop that."

Bryant said his postgame comments were "no different than what everybody else says."

"Somebody comes down the lane, you've got to hit him," he said Friday. "You can't let them come down the lane and just finger roll and get easy baskets. Nothing to hurt anybody like that. That's just basic NBA basketball."

Bryant also said he didn't believe the elbow from Miller was intentional.

"You look at the replay, my face was nowhere near him," Bryant said. "My face was nowhere near his arm.

"I wish I could go back in time and take that foul back knowing what I know now, getting two games for it. But no way in my mind did I think it was going to be a suspension for something like that. No way."

Lakers coach Phil Jackson said he believed Bryant's postgame comments were a factor in the suspension.

"I think that contributed to it somewhat," Jackson said. "So we live with that decision."

Lakers general manager Mitch Kupchak took issue with the suspension.

"We understand that the league has a job to do in enforcing disciplinary action, but we disagree with and are disappointed with their ruling," Kupchak said in a statement.

Havoc

Support BGOL
Registered
Re: quotes from l.a. times re: suspension

cranrab said:
for the record, i agree that the 2 game suspension is too harsh... but, tobe could have been a little shrewder at masking the intentional foul he handed out... clear and obvious payback for the earlier play makes it difficult to be lenient with discipline...

dwyane wade's retaliatory elbow to tobe's chest was more subtle by far...

Kobe Suspended 2 Games for Elbowing Miller
By Associated Press

3:24 PM PST, December 30, 2005

EL SEGUNDO, Calif. — Los Angeles Lakers star Kobe Bryant was suspended for two games without pay Friday for elbowing Mike Miller of the Memphis Grizzlies in the throat.

Bryant was called for a flagrant foul for elbowing Miller with 8:24 remaining in the fourth quarter in Wednesday night's 100-99 overtime loss to the Grizzlies. He is scheduled to serve his suspension Sunday, when the Lakers host Utah, and Tuesday, when Los Angeles plays at the Jazz.

"Very surprised. Shocked, actually. Very, very surprised," Bryant said after practice Friday. "Angry and frustrated. I've been hit with a couple of flagrant fouls already this year. I've been hit with a clothesline and no suspensions come of that. and I get two games for this?"

After the game, Bryant was unapologetic. He was cut over his left eye early in the third quarter when Miller elbowed him while driving to the basket. Bryant left the game briefly, and took three stitches to close the wound.

"Any player that was going to come down the lane at that point in time, I was going to let him know that he just can't walk through there," Bryant said after the game. "I think we as a team have to do a better job of establishing that. And me, as a leader of the ballclub, I've got to take the initiative to do that -- and hopefully, everybody will see that.

"This being our home court, people come here and think it's Hollywood and all sorts of stuff, so they think they'll come down (the lane) and look pretty and shoot jump shots and dunk the ball and finger-roll the ball and do all sorts of cute stuff. And we've got to stop that."

Bryant said his postgame comments were "no different than what everybody else says."

"Somebody comes down the lane, you've got to hit him," he said Friday. "You can't let them come down the lane and just finger roll and get easy baskets. Nothing to hurt anybody like that. That's just basic NBA basketball."

Bryant also said he didn't believe the elbow from Miller was intentional.

"You look at the replay, my face was nowhere near him," Bryant said. "My face was nowhere near his arm.

"I wish I could go back in time and take that foul back knowing what I know now, getting two games for it. But no way in my mind did I think it was going to be a suspension for something like that. No way."

Lakers coach Phil Jackson said he believed Bryant's postgame comments were a factor in the suspension.

"I think that contributed to it somewhat," Jackson said. "So we live with that decision."

Lakers general manager Mitch Kupchak took issue with the suspension.

"We understand that the league has a job to do in enforcing disciplinary action, but we disagree with and are disappointed with their ruling," Kupchak said in a statement.

D. Wade's elbow was so funny after watching it in instant replay. He HAD to know that he was going to get called for that one, and I'd like to think that he knew that the veteran was going to get the upperhand on that call anyway.

I think his comments after the game awarded him the two game suspension. It was kind of like saying he could intentionally elbow anyone and get away with it.

lol@him trying to establish the Lakers as a rough defensive team. I think it was done out of frustration more than anything else.

Havoc

Support BGOL
Registered
Re: @ HAVOC part 2

cranrab said:
H,

a third of the NBA season is behind us already. are you prepared to revisit our disagreement again?

my positions have not changed in any way, shape or form. each point has been backed numerous times by FACTS and TRUTH.

what say you?

by the way, if you are familiar with critical thinking, please provide your opinion on why tobe supporters UNIFORMLY rely on the following logical fallacies to support tobe:

Attacking the Person
(argumentum ad hominem)

Definition:

The person presenting an argument is attacked instead of the
argument itself. This takes many forms. For example, the
person's character, nationality or religion may be attacked.
Alternatively, it may be pointed out that a person stands to
gain from a favourable outcome. Or, finally, a person may be
attacked by association, or by the company he keeps.
There are three major forms of Attacking the Person:
(1) ad hominem (abusive): instead of attacking an assertion,
the argument attacks the person who made the assertion.
(2) ad hominem (circumstantial): instead of attacking an
assertion the author points to the relationship between the
person making the assertion and the person's circumstances.

Coincidental Correlation
(post hoc ergo propter hoc )

Definition:

The name in Latin means "after this therefore because of this".
This describes the fallacy. An author commits the fallacy when
it is assumed that because one thing follows another that the
one thing was caused by the other.

Joint Effect

Definition:

One thing is held to cause another when in fact both are the
effect of a single underlying cause. This fallacy is often
understood as a special case of post hoc ergo prompter hoc.

Wrong Direction

Definition:

The relation between cause and effect is reversed.

You really ought to be ashamed of yourself man. But nonetheless, I'm going to entertain you.

My response to the first one: Attacking the Person

First of all, if people defending Kobe Bryant are fans (and let's face it, because this is exactly how it has occurred in each thread concerning him), then most of the people attacking him are haters. The people attacking him has made it so that one has to be either one or the other (lol@this whole thing sounding like some middle school recess gang mess). I've noticed that in every thread, there is someone either attacking him or praising him. The replies that follow are either more compliments or a barrage of insults. Eventually the replies digress from the topic (almost always Kobe's game) to sometimes a person in a thread. I have tried (probably unsuccessfully) to stay away from that, as it is distracting, and although comical.

I guess when you say "Coincidental Correlation", you are really referring to the Dallas game where Kobe was able to score 62 in three quarters against one of the top four teams in the NBA. lol It's almost as if you're saying he didn't score that because he's able to score it, but rather, the Mavericks allowed him to (by not playing defense or by a lack of concentration/execution).

The third one was interesting because you've stated this one before, but without the technical terms to go along with it. "Joint Effect"

Shaquille O'Neal and Kobe Bryant are a great duo (and as some have argued, possibly the greatest in NBA history). I don't know about "the greatest", but they won (a lot) together. Some, like yourself, have asserted that Shaq won despite Kobe's on court/off court antics, and that it was Kobe that drove Shaq away from LA. Some say that had Kobe had his act together, he could have won more rings. Bottom line, in this thread, "Joint Effect" is saying this: LA won three titles, and Kobe played well because of Shaq and solid veteran role players, not because of Kobe's talent/skills or anything he might have done.

I think I've answered enough, and while I don't agree with all that you're saying (or that I have summarized here), I think that I can understand your argument a little better. Of course I'll be back later to post more.

cranrab

Star
BGOL Investor
Re: @ HAVOC part 2

the incidents of argumentum ad hominem are obvious.

i thought coincidental correlation was just as obvious, but perhaps not. coincidental correlation is the ROOT of the fallacious position that "shaquille o'neal didn't win shit until he had tobe." it is assumed that because one thing follows another that the one thing was caused by the other. statements like this discount or marginalize the role of coach jackson.

i thought joint effect was also obvious, but perhaps not. joint effect is the ROOT of the fallacious position that "when fakers players other than tobe don't step up (or are inconsistent), the fakers lose games." One thing is held to cause another when in fact both are the effect of a single underlying cause. statements like this don't factor in the poor quantity and quality of tobe's shots as the causation for both phenomenon.

i thought wrong direction was equally obvious, but perhaps not. wrong direction is the ROOT of the fallacious position that "tobe's FGAs increase when the other fakers players are ineffectual." The relation between cause and effect is reversed

Spectrum

Elite Poster
BGOL Investor
Re: SMUSH PARKER officially a hater!

cranrab said:
welcome to the club, william!

here is a quote following the memphis v. fakers game:

"It seems to me that in the third and fourth quarter, we just stop running our offense," guard Smush Parker said. "We stop moving the ball around, stop cutting, the ball stops being swung around. It is really hurting the team. The ball moves in the first half. Everybody got some touches and everybody was in the game [against Memphis]."

let's see... tobe took 13 FGAs in the 1st half, and 24 FGAs in the 2nd half... WHO DO YOU THINK HE WAS TALKING ABOUT?

hmmm... chucky atkins last year, and william parker this year... maybe those HATERS know something the average FAN can't comprehend?

lol..he says it..but just doesn't say his name... :lol:

RunawaySlave

Zeitgeist
BGOL Investor
Kobe has had a nice pocket of games in the last week
I'll try to do a breakdown of the numbers, but if I had
to estimate, I would say he's shooting just around 50%
in his 45+, four game streak. I guess it took a couple of
"spats" in the past week for him to wake up

I've got one question though. It's for Phil Jackson...right
before this happened, you made a curious move of benching
Brian Cook, who was playing REALLY well, and had become,
or was in the PROCESS of becoming, a viable scoring option
for the Lakers.

As far as I could tell, he was no more of a liability on defense
as Kwame Brown was. Brown being a better rebounder and
shot blocker, but nothing else., And Cook isn't a bad rebounder
Besides, when Cook was starting, the Lakers were winning,
so why did he bench him?? Curious move

cranrab

Star
BGOL Investor
tobe's accomplishment

RunawaySlave said:
I'll try to do a breakdown of the numbers, but if I had
to estimate, I would say he's shooting just around 50% in his 45+, four game streak.

i've got some numbers i'd like to share with the board.

in NOVEMBER, tobe averaged OVER 29 FGAs per game. the fakers win loss record? 5-8 (.380)

in DECEMBER, tobe averaged UNDER 24 FGAs per game. the fakers win loss record? 10-6 (.620)

[pops collar, readies cigar]

tobe fans have been giddy and geeked up over the points tobe has scored in his last four games. if they were fans of the FAKERS or of BASKETBALL, they should be appalled.

for those who didn't know, in tobe's past FOUR games:

tobe has launched more FGAs BY HIMSELF than starter william parker did IN THE ENTIRE MONTH OF NOVEMBER. :puke:

tobe has jacked up more FGAs BY HIMSELF than starters kwame brown AND chris mihm COMBINED in THE ENTIRE MONTH OF NOVEMBER. :puke:

tobe has launched more FGAs BY HIMSELF than starter william parker did IN THE ENTIRE MONTH OF DECEMBER. :puke:

tobe has launched more FGAs BY HIMSELF than starter chris mihm did IN THE ENTIRE MONTH OF DECEMBER. :puke:

tobe has launched more FGAs BY HIMSELF than starters brian cook AND devean george COMBINED did IN THE ENTIRE MONTHS OF NOVEMBER AND DECEMBER. :eek:

but naw, tobe isn't detrimental for the sport of basketball, the fakers, or his teammates... :smh:

[lights cigar, puffs]

RunawaySlave said:
Besides, when Cook was starting, the Lakers were winning, so why did he bench him?? Curious move

coach jackson has been messing with the starting rotation all season, but you raise a good question. kwame brown lost his starting spot after only 9 games into the season, and was replaced by brian cook, who has shown repeatedly that he deserves minutes...

maybe it's one of those situations where the head coach feels more comfortable having a proven scorer come off the bench to add a spark.

Last edited:

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
Re: tobe's accomplishment

Your numbers are distorted. In November they played more road games, so their record isn't going to be as good. You're like the Bill O'Reilly of basketball.

Look at the games where he's taken over 29 shots...and look at their won loss record.

Finally...can you release your lips from around his dick :confused:

cranrab

Star
BGOL Investor
Re: tobe's accomplishment

Complex said:
Your numbers are distorted.

the numbers, as ALWAYS are accurate. are you STUPID? or a LIAR? or BOTH?

Complex said:
In November they played more road games, so their record isn't going to be as good.

are you STUPID? or a LIAR? or BOTH? READ THIS SLOWLY. the fakers played SEVEN (7) HOME GAMES, and SIX (6) ROAD games... the fakers played more HOME games, than ROAD games, so using your muddled logic, the fakers record should have been better...

BTW, in NOVEMBER, the fakers had a LOSING record at the staples center...

Complex said:
You're like the Bill O'Reilly of basketball.

then you must be the rush limbaugh...

you DO realize that the fakers had TEN (10) ROAD games in december, don't you? you DO realize that the fakers had SIX (6) HOME games in december, don't you? you know, that month where the fakers were 10-6?

you never disappoint me, SIMPLE BITCH... you consistently prove how ignorant the majority of fakers and tobe fans really are...

Finally...can you release tobe's nuts from your chin?

BTW, are you watching who's guarding juan dixon right now? and what juan dixon has been doing to that person?

cranrab

Star
BGOL Investor
Q1 in portland...

tobe goes out shooting 3-7 FGAs against the MIGHTY defensive stopper steve blake... steve blake!

meanwhile, juan dixon and steve blake scored 14 points ON TOBE... yeah, tobe is a GREAT defender... did i mention that they were 5-5 FGAs against tobe?