Known chlamydia cases in USA top 1M

Izayoi

Scooty Puff Pilot
BGOL Investor
Femme I just gave a talk about this. Chylamdia and gonnorhea infections causing PID is the leading causes of preventable infertility in women. I tell folks better a little embarassed than a lot sick and dead so please get yourself checked on the regular. It's sad too because most cases can still be cleared up with a course of antibiotics.

demere

Potential Star
BGOL Investor
I read this article earlier today....people really need to be careful about using protection.

femmenoire

Modded Moderator Modding
BGOL Investor
I was listening to some racist white man's show on the radio at work today because I'm training at a new job.

Anyway, the guy was talking about online dating, which I've done.

And statistics report that 1/3 of women who meet guys online, will have sex with them on the first date WITHOUT CONDOMS.

So it's no wonder that teenage girls who are having sex, are having sex without protection as well.

What is it that makes the human mind think we are not susceptible to disease?

Duece

Get your shit together
BGOL Investor
Femme I just gave a talk about this. Chylamdia and gonnorhea infections causing PID is the leading causes of preventable infertility in women. I tell folks better a little embarassed than a lot sick and dead so please get yourself checked on the regular. It's sad too because most cases can still be cleared up with a course of antibiotics.

I thought Chlamydia and Gonn. were 100% curable

Izayoi

Scooty Puff Pilot
BGOL Investor
I thought Chlamydia and Gonn. were 100% curable

They are if you know you have them Deuce. Many women are asymptomatic and both bacteria can cause irreversible scarring and damage to the female genital tract. There is also a concern about resistant strains developing.

Duece

Get your shit together
BGOL Investor
^^^Deuce, that's not the point.

The point is putting yourself at risk!

I understand, I know a girl right now, how had chlamydia for almost 3 years, and now something is wrong with her ovaries (forgot what) and she's only 19, she only found out because she happened to go get her first pap smear.

demere

Potential Star
BGOL Investor
I understand, I know a girl right now, how had chlamydia for almost 3 years, and now something is wrong with her ovaries (forgot what) and she's only 19, she only found out because she happened to go get her first pap smear.

Wow....I don't even know what to say about that. Very sad. People need to be educated.

Izayoi

Scooty Puff Pilot
BGOL Investor
U.S. Sets Record in Sexual Disease Cases

Here is another article on the subject that is stating that Chlamydia is found in black women 7 time more then in other races.

What do yall think about that?

Poverty Demere and inadequate access to health care for women of color. It's an uphill battle, and many young people are still uneducated about STI's and the fact they can be and often are asymptomatic AND they don't use condoms. :smh: