Katt Williams and the noose...

SpeedyMyk

Support BGOL
Registered
Whats up people? Im a newbie on here and the first topic i saw fit to post about was Katt William's outfit at the BET awards. I know this tpoic has been talked about already but tonight was the first time i saw him actually address it. He was on CNN tonight and when he asked why he did it, he said "I thought I was helping. The racists have apparently been out there looking for the niggas. Well, I am one." And then through the rest of the interview he broke black people down into black people and niggas. And he repeatedly said that he was a nigga like it was something kinda cool or something. Im actually really liberal and hate to admit that i say nigga more than i should but I just don't know if CNN was the right platform for that....what yall think?

I saw this too was I was like "WTF". Dude came off as being well-spoken but ignorant as hell. I don't know who's worse, rappers or comedians.

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
whats sad is there are people out there who actually think this guy is funny and was trying to make a statement And he did, he came off as an ignorant "ni99a" that pale faces think make up the black community. Thanks a lot Katt, without ignorant people like you representing us, most of society would probably look at black folks as equals.

ronmch20

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
around his fuckin' neck would be an appropriate place for a noose. I can't abide this ignorant ass caracature of a black man. :angry:

MCP

International
International Member
To all those black people who love saying the 'N' word.

A question to those people, if a non black person calls you the 'N' word, how will you react to them?

gigantopithecus

Potential Star
Registered
did kat make some kind of statement or was he interviewed? ive heard him do interviews before and hes a smart guy.

im not sure what people are mad at though? like even from the replies here its not clear what yall are actually mad at, just calling him ignorant. yall afraid white people are gonna judge us by kat williams? haha

SpeedyMyk

Support BGOL
Registered
Hey, Im tryin to find a link to the video...but, as far as what we I'm mad at, he was asked why he had the noose on his neck and the only response he came up with was "I'm a nigga"!!! I mean that's pitiful...and what does how we would react to a white person callin us the n-word have to do with what he said in the interview?

texast

Star
Registered
whats sad is there are people out there who actually think this guy is funny and was trying to make a statement And he did, he came off as an ignorant "ni99a" that pale faces think make up the black community. Thanks a lot Katt, without ignorant people like you representing us, most of society would probably look at black folks as equals.

I think Katt is very funny. Why do we assume that because one brother says something that you might perceive as ignorant on TV he's doing a dis service to black people? He is not representing black people, he is just expressing himself. We get all mad when they interview a person who does not speak proper grammar on the news. But when they interview someone like Dick Parsons, CEO of Time Warner, or Oprah I don't hear people saying those individuals represent all blacks. Why are we choosing to identify more with those whom we presume to be ignorant? I don't hear white people saying Brittany Spears speaks for all whites. I aint got shit to prove to no cracka. I know I'm intelligent. And the only person who can speak for me is ME!!!!

Ill Paragraph

Lord of the Perfect Black
BGOL Investor

I think Katt is very funny. Why do we assume that because one brother says something that you might perceive as ignorant on TV he's doing a dis service to black people? He is not representing black people, he is just expressing himself. We get all mad when they interview a person who does not speak proper grammar on the news. But when they interview someone like Dick Parsons, CEO of Time Warner, or Oprah I don't hear people saying those individuals represent all blacks. Why are we choosing to identify more with those whom we presume to be ignorant? I don't hear white people saying Brittany Spears speaks for all whites. I aint got shit to prove to no cracka. I know I'm intelligent. And the only person who can speak for me is ME!!!!

Peace,

In a perfect world this would be true. But as you well know black people currently and historically have had to overcome racist, negative imagery that white people have constructed.

mttocs

Potential Star
Registered
Black people helped construct that image too and are still complicit in it. Don't give every black man a pass on it. Katt Williams plays the fool for money. Stepin Fetchit with a larger vocabulary.

Makkonnen

The Quizatz Haderach
BGOL Investor
Black people helped construct that image too and are still complicit in it. Don't give every black man a pass on it. Katt Williams plays the fool for money. Stepin Fetchit with a larger vocabulary.
You should be lynched.

Winchesta Heat

Star
Registered
Oprah has probably been considered an exception to the rule, but for the most part we perpetually bear the burden of being judged as a group. And in a negative light more often than not. Katt Williams is a funny dude, yet he doesn't speak for us as a whole. He certainly didn't help us OR himself much in that interview, but at least he did better than Cam'ron.
:lol: