Just In case You Forgot Vasiliy Lomachenko vs. Teofimo Lopez NOW on ESPN/ESPN Plus

bgbtylvr

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The ESPN announcers were clearly in the tank for Loma. People should go back and watch the fight with the sound off. You'll see that Lopez dominated the first 7 rounds and the last round. (people giving Loma the 2nd round need to get off that stuff, he hit him twice the whole round). I had it 8 to 4 Lopez.
That second round to Lomo was bullshit.

rude_dog

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I watched the 12th round again. I got the fight at 6-6 Hope Lopez rethinks that no rematch, I want to see them go at it again.
I had it a draw too. To me, the only real debatable round was the 2nd. There's no way to see Loma with 7 rounds so if somebody had to win, it's Lopez. 119-118-117 are completely unacceptable scorecards. Lederman should never work again but I've said that before.

I wouldn't mind a rematch but I don't know if there's enough time. There's a lot of talent at 135 and I'd like to see all of them get a shot. I didn't think Loma was going to sweep the division, too much talent there, but I didn't expect him to lose the first fight. I don't know how long those young guys can stay at 135.

cincitystudios

Chopping it up
BGOL Investor
I saw the title of this thread an remembered they fought. I watched the fight last night not knowing who won. I didn’t score the fight but I watched it an Teo definitely won the fight to me. I don’t give a damn what the scorecards are as long as they didn’t rob the winner. Ring rust and Loma being too cautious in the 1st half was the difference. Once Loma put the pressure on, it looked like Lopez was going to lose but he held on an looked good in the 12th to end any doubts

doug777

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The ESPN announcers were clearly in the tank for Loma. People should go back and watch the fight with the sound off. You'll see that Lopez dominated the first 7 rounds and the last round.
What commentators were you listening to? The ones I heard, over the first half of the fight were constantly saying, Lomo's not doing anything, Lomo needs to step it up, Lomo's losing. They were also constantly saying how impressed they were with Lopez, how poised he was and how he was winning the fight.

Reactions: BKF

Pow Wow

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
What commentators were you listening to? The ones I heard, over the first half of the fight were constantly saying, Lomo's not doing anything, Lomo needs to step it up, Lomo's losing. They were also constantly saying how impressed they were with Lopez, how poised he was and how he was winning the fight.

Bradley definitely was in calling it for Lopez, but Tessitore was doing his best to hype any and everything Loma did.

Also, amazingly Ward had it a draw after the 12th.

Another thing I'm not sure a lot of people caught. ESPN was splicing highlights of prior rounds to sway people's opinion of the fight. I wanna say it happened at the end of the 8th or 9th round. They showed/acted like a combo Loma landed in an early round happened/landed again later in the fight.

Last edited:

doug777

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Tessitore was doing his best to hype any and everything Loma did.
By acknowledging the few punches Lomo landed over the first half of the fight?
Also, amazingly Ward had it a draw after the 12th.
I didn't actively score the fight but 6-6 in rounds doesn't seem out of the question to me.
Another thing I'm not sure a lot of people caught. ESPN was splicing highlights of prior rounds to sway people's opinion of the fight. I wanna say it happened at the end of the 8th or 9th round. They showed/acted like a combo Loma landed in an early round happened/landed again later in the fight.
Didn't notice this but I'll take your word for it.

Pow Wow

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I didn't actively score the fight but 6-6 in rounds doesn't seem out of the question to me.

So after watching all 12 rounds of that fight, you honestly feel Lomachenko did enough for the fight to be called a draw?

gman4gov

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I've always thought the judges should be set to real-time scoring throughout the fight. Hold them accountable of course, but if a fighter knows he's down in the scorecards, he can work hard for that one punch or go all out every round. Currently, it's not set right, and changing the system wouldn't bother fight fans one bit.

BKF

Rising Star
Registered
Yeah but the lead before the fight they were on his nutts. They were still kinda on his nutts in the beginning, then they realized this was going to be the way the fight goes.

BKF

Rising Star
Registered
Why would Russell need a rematch, he pretty much got dominated.
Becuse he was dehydrated when he fought Loma. Shit why should Lopez give rematch then, since Loma the Great White Hype was dominated?
If not for the ref at the end Loma was going down.

Pow Wow

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Why would Russell need a rematch, he pretty much got dominated.

I'd actually like to see them fight again. Back when they originally fought, GRJ was very unproven and had an inflated record filled with cans.

GRJ seems to have improved a lot since then. Enough to beat Lomachenko? I don't know, but I'd like to see it happen relatively soon.

Gemini

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Fuck that...Loma wasn't giving Lopez a rematch. He didn't give Russell a rematch.

That fight was competitive and exciting to watch. A rematch would be Pay Per view (bring in more money) and increase his star power if he wins.

Tank aint fighting him until Teo takes an L. Devin and Ryan are the only fighter's mentioning his name, and i doubt they will get in the ring with him in 2021 no matter how tuff they talking online. So yeah, run it back.

BKF

Rising Star
Registered
That fight was competitive and exciting to watch. A rematch would be Pay Per view (bring in more money) and increase his star power if he wins.

Tank aint fighting him until Teo takes an L. Devin and Ryan are the only fighter's mentioning his name, and i doubt they will get in the ring with him in 2021 no matter how tuff they talking online. So yeah, run it back.

Man I almost feel asleep watching Loma run around the ring doing nothing. That's not competitive.
Haney surely wants to get in the ring with Lopez the same way he wanted to get in the ring with Loma.
If the fight doesn't happen between Lopez and Haney. Then ut more than likely Arum's fault.

Gemini

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Man I almost feel asleep watching Loma run around the ring doing nothing. That's not competitive.
Haney surely wants to get in the ring with Lopez the same way he wanted to get in the ring with Loma.
If the fight doesn't happen between Lopez and Haney. Then ut more than likely Arum's fault.

Teo next fight will be against one of these guys

:sleep::sleep:

BKF

Rising Star
Registered
Teo next fight will be against one of these guys

:sleep::sleep:

Being a mandatory don't mean shit. Thus the reason Haney didn't get to fight Loma. Charlo didn't get to fight Canelo and so on...
These sanctioning bodies are corrupt and passed their expirations date.
The same goes for the promoters...

Last edited:

Pow Wow

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Being a mandatory don't mean shit. Thus the reason Haney didn't get to fight Loma. Charlo didn't get to fight Canelo and so on...
These sanctioning bodies are corrupt and passed their expirations date.
The same go for the promoters...

Preach!

The wbc's Franchise Champions (Canelo, Lomachenko too until the last second amendment) are allowed to skip mandatories, lose, and still remain the wbc champion.