Jury decides Alex Jones must pay $965 million in Sandy Hook defamation trial

bgbtylvr

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
GoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooddAmen!

Mr. Met

So Amazin
BGOL Investor
Good night

Monopoly-man-no-money-hands.jpg

Pack Rat

Imperturbable
BGOL Investor
:money::money::money:

Dude will fight in court to convince them he has no money.....they will be lucky to get a couple hundred thousand apiece.

:hmm:

RoadRage

the voice of reason
BGOL Investor
I wonder if the tin foil crew is going to donate money to bail out their hero? What a way to stick it to the man! :yes:

bgbtylvr

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Texas has laws limiting settlements like this, so we’ll see how much he ends up paying. Still the jury was like..

donwuan

The Legend
BGOL Investor
:money::money::money:

Dude will fight in court to convince them he has no money.....they will be lucky to get a couple hundred thousand apiece.

:hmm:

This is only the second case and he's a billi in the hole. He running his mouth saying he has no intention of paying. He's fucking himself.

donwuan

The Legend
BGOL Investor
Texas has laws limiting settlements like this, so we’ll see how much he ends up paying. Still the jury was like..

This is not the Texas case homie, it's Connecticut.

The nearly $1 billion award in the Waterbury trial is on top of a $49 million judgement to the parents of Jessie Lewis who also died in the shooting issued against Jones by a Texas jury in August in a similar trial. A third Sandy Hook defamation awards trial against Jones will take place in Texas in December. In all three cases, families sued Jones on grounds he defamed them repeatedly during his broadcasts. They won their cases last year when two judges issued default rulings because Jones failed to follow court orders and submit evidence and responses on time.

bgbtylvr

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
This is not the Texas case homie, it's Connecticut.

The nearly $1 billion award in the Waterbury trial is on top of a $49 million judgement to the parents of Jessie Lewis who also died in the shooting issued against Jones by a Texas jury in August in a similar trial. A third Sandy Hook defamation awards trial against Jones will take place in Texas in December. In all three cases, families sued Jones on grounds he defamed them repeatedly during his broadcasts. They won their cases last year when two judges issued default rulings because Jones failed to follow court orders and submit evidence and responses on time.
Nice!!!!!

man-machine

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

This verdict was in Connecticut. I don't think they have the limits Texas has. Between the two cases, they can bleed him nearly dry.

Coldchi

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
the families can't and wont receive money that he aint got............it'll sit on the books for 20 years before it goes away.
he'll be dead by then.

alexw

Unapologetically Afrikan!
Platinum Member
Dude is a piece of shit but what happened to freedom of speech? Freedom of speech gives you the right to vocalize your opinion. Fuck him but this is dangerous for the future. I've been saying 9/11 is a hoax for 20 years. Now I could be sued for my worth. BS!! This is a silencing act and he's the whipping boy

yureeka9

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Dude is a piece of shit but what happened to freedom of speech? Freedom of speech gives you the right to vocalize your opinion. Fuck him but this is dangerous for the future. I've been saying 9/11 is a hoax for 20 years. Now I could be sued for my worth. BS!! This is a silencing act and he's the whipping boy
He's not being sued for his opinion. He's being sued for what his opinion incited others to do: Make the families lives a living hell.

alexw

Unapologetically Afrikan!
Platinum Member
He's not being sued for his opinion. He's being sued for what his opinion incited others to do: Make the families lives a living hell.
and thats complete fucking bullshit
if you can twist freedom of speech in that manner
there are no protections

yureeka9

Rising Star
Platinum Member
there are no protections
Everyone knows the freedom of speech example of "yelling fire in a crowded movie theater." If someone says something that's not true and it causes "proven" harm to others than the 1st amendment is out the window. The plaintiffs proved harm. End of story.

BigDaddyBuk

still not dizzy.
Platinum Member
there are no protections
are you serious or trolling?

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

the government didnt sue Alex Jones. individual citizens did. they sued him for libel. what he said caused other people to make death threats to the parents of the victims.

freedom of speech does not guarantee freedom from consequences.

threats are not freedom of speech. inciting riots, violence or terror isnt freedom of speech.

lying on people that causes them harm is not protected under the first amendment.

he had folks showing up to these peoples homes and digging up their dead childrens graves.

Last edited:

Non-StopJFK2TAB

Rising Star
Platinum Member
the families can't and wont receive money that he aint got............it'll sit on the books for 20 years before it goes away.
he'll be dead by then.
It isn’t really about receiving money earned by suing a goofy Texan who said your dead children were actors and they weren’t real and they didn’t die. As a parent, I wouldn’t even want that money because I would be liable to hire a hit man to kill that bastard.

The win is to make sure the parents of dead children aren’t abused in their time of grief. Back in my days, you never messed with the children of dead parents. You’re telling me an adult needs to told the same thing? He needed to be told not to antagonize the parents of dead children?