John Edwards Pays $400 for Haircut

Jakesnake

Potential Star
Registered
This guy says he looks out for the poor. :lol: What poor person pays that much for a cut?

Quad-City barbers put down their shears and sputtered words like “preposterous” and “impossible” Wednesday when they heard of Democratic presidential candidate John Edwards spending $400 for a haircut. In the Quad-Cities, $10 or $12 is about average.

“If I charged $400 for a haircut, they’d come after me with white coats,” said Leo Fier, who has been cutting hair for 49 years at his shop in DeWitt, Iowa.

Edwards’ campaign committee filed a financial report with the Federal Election Commission noting that the White House hopeful paid $400 for haircuts in California and New Hampshire, and $248 for salon services in Dubuque, Iowa.

“That’s impossible, $400,” said Don “Dutchman” Braafhart, who runs Dutchman’s Barbershop in Davenport.

Next time he’s in town, Edwards would get a real bargain at Davenport Barber College, where supervised student barbers charge only $7.50.

Even some Quad-Citians who allow their locks to grow long are shocked by a $400 haircut.

“My Santa Claus long hair is my trademark,” said Terry Lunardi, Davenport restaurateur. “I just had my hair cut Monday for $10. And I have a lot of hair to cut.”

Kurt Ullrich, a Scott County deputy auditor whose hair runs long, said, “Edwards and I are of a similar age and I took note of his hair when I visited briefly with him in Davenport. His hair is thick, full and beautifully coiffed, whereas mine is counter-culture long. Sixteen dollars is the most I’ve ever paid for a haircut.”

There are a few Quad-City shops that rise above the $10 average. A man’s haircut may range from $18 to $42 at some specialty salons. Operators at two of those shops said they would welcome Edwards, and not charge his campaign $400.

A barbaric price for cutting hair may not be unusual. Jay Ledford, who runs Cut Rite, Moline, with his dad, Jay Sr., insists that a number of years ago, President Clinton had his hair cut in Davenport. “I can’t remember the barber, but he only charged him $150,” Ledford said.

Bill Wundram can be contacted at

(563) 383-2249 or bwundram@qctimes. Comment on this story at www.qctimes.com.
http://www.qctimes.com/articles/2007/04/19//news/local/doc4626f3bd6f2f2920813459.txt

QueEx

Rising Star
Super Moderator
Jakesnake said:
This guy says he looks out for the poor. :lol: What poor person pays that much for a cut?
So, you're saying that you have to BE POOR to LOOK OUT FOR THE POOR ???

QueEx

Fuckallyall

Support BGOL
Registered
QueEx said:
So, you're saying that you have to BE POOR to LOOK OUT FOR THE POOR ???

QueEx
This article is an excellent example of what's really going on - class warfare. The author and those who think like him are pissed that somebody can actually afford a $400 cut. Plain and simple.

Deezz

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Mufucka better get a flowbee and call it a day. :lol:

flowbee.jpg