Jemele Hill has been suspended by ESPN

Last Dayz

Soul Thief
Certified Pussy Poster
You can tell who's a cracker in this thread. Point is, NFL players have a special set of skills the developed over years of hard work and struggle. The NFL has no problem using them to push an agenda that suits their narrative.

Does your job requier you to do photo ops, or pose with the military? Do you have to visit hospitals and sign autographs? Work with boys and girls clubs?

So you're ok with them pushing that narrative but not protecting the lives of people in the same community gunned down in the same streets?

They are cool with them wearing pink gloves and shoes but not raising a black fist.

This is why the slave comparison is made. Can they quit? Yes, but if they do they can't simply l leave without repercussions.

:thumbsup:

Duece

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Bomani would have never cosigned that bullshit article like Jemele did, so they are in different categories. Jemele is a black feminist, so alot of her views are much different than Bomani's views. Beleive it or not it's obvious that alot of black people that does not like how black feminists operate are not on Jemele's side and I'm one of them.

I'm not comparing Bomani to Jemele. I know that both are different and have different opinions. I'm simply stating that it's important to support Jemele to let ESPN know that we will not tolerate them removing black journalists for having an opinion.

Better

Support BGOL
Registered
So, some of you niggas really off of Jemele like THAT?

Gooooood damn!

Motherfuckers have a very short margin for error with you niggas, huh?

I mean, she is a black woman, and it is not impossible that A). Black men have issues and B). She may agree with the critiques in regard to some of those issues.

Entrepronegro

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I'm not comparing Bomani to Jemele. I know that both are different and have different opinions. I'm simply stating that it's important to support Jemele to let ESPN know that we will not tolerate them removing black journalists for having an opinion.
She don't support me being a straight black male so why should I support her. Why should straight black men support her?

Entrepronegro

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Fuck what you think clown.
Keep kissing Jemele ass you clown, cause she sure don't love your ass. You must be a gay black male cause you kissing her ass way to much cause she sure didn't defend straight black men on that article she agreed with and you seem cool with that.

You a sucka!

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
I get that, and it ain't from no soap box bruh. I get it that we want to walk down that righteous 10000% correct path, but I think there's a better way to do it. We're all still trying to determine what that is, because from the looks of it, everyone's got an opinion and no one leading the way. We have momentum and can check her along the way, and if this is it, so be it, but the more those in power shut out or silence the one's with a greater reach (her platform), the more our collective voices diminish. We will need her again and again. I don't think we should turn on her entirely while ESPN is also. .

Like I said tho Im not turning on her but I'm done with the concept that ppl can just do that type of fuck shit and we excuse cause they said something else as well

The way they are doing it is divisive not inclusive
Calling black straight men white men is about as low as you can go
And it ain't just her that cosigned it

We're at a place where men can't be human

Don't address your feelings or identify or acknowledge them or else you soft
While simultaneously needing to have empathy towards everyone else
How?
How can I have empathy for others if I am not allowed to have it for myself?

This is general speaking

Like fuck hit dog hollering stuff I'm not like any of the "trash black men" but I am a black man and if you say black men are trash how am I supposed to receive that?

Cause if a man says black women are trash no nuances will be had no hit dog hollering nothing
You went against every black woman
Why can't we all just be together lol

You'll literally see a dude cosign a woman like yes I agree then shell snipe back with
Don't cosign me yall are trash

But unity right?

Duece

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
She don't support me being a straight black male so why should I support her. Why should straight black men support her?

Because her employer (ESPN) employs straight black men who have opinions that you might agree with and are interested in hearing that the dominant society might not be too comfortable with

easy_b

Look into my eyes you are getting sleepy!!!
BGOL Investor

Gooooood damn!

I mean, she is a black woman, and it is not impossible that A). Black men have issues and B). She may agree with the critiques in regard to some of those issues.
I am shocked at some of the comments in this thread. Makes me wonder about certain members on this board

Entrepronegro

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Because her employer (ESPN) employs straight black men who have opinions that you might agree with and are interested in hearing that the dominant society might not be too comfortable with
Why did she agree with that article downing straight black men then? When we were the majority that was coming to her defense to begin with.

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
Overrated?

He carried the page 2 platform for a decade. Ushered in the podcast era. And created Grantland and ESPN 30 for 30 content which brought journalistic integrity and academy award acclaim to the network.

He saved them from obscurity
They literally had nothing but the actual games to keep ppl watching

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend

Gooooood damn!

And also if said black men think the same in reverse there won't be any issue right? Or will they be cast out...

Better

Support BGOL
Registered
And also if said black men think the same in reverse there won't be any issue right? Or will they be cast out...

Come on, Bills.

Not you, too. You've been one of the most objective people in regards black male/black female issues.

Black women feel marginalized in certain ways, and I can't say that that feeling is completely unfounded. Also, as a society, we tend to be more considerate of women and their feelings. I'm not saying that is right, but would explain why the 'in reverse' is treated differently. Men treat women differently, and women are conditioned to being treated differently.

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
Come on, Bills.

Not you, too. You've been one of the most objective people in regards black male/black female issues.

Black women feel marginalized in certain ways, and I can't say that that feeling is completely unfounded. Also, as a society, we tend to be more considerate of women and their feelings. I'm not saying that is right, but would explain why the 'in reverse' is treated differently. Men treat women differently, and women are conditioned to being treated differently.

I never said there were no issues
I said nobody is interested in true equality.
That's evident

Their issues are real I recognize them
I never have and never will cosign any fuckery towards black women

But people only want 1 side of change

It becomes a contest of who got it the worst instead of let's just build together

You can't build with me if every time you lash out its at me...
Lash out at them and make us better

Better

Support BGOL
Registered
I never said there were no issues
I said nobody is interested in true equality.
That's evident

Their issues are real I recognize them
I never have and never will cosign any fuckery towards black women

But people only want 1 side of change

It becomes a contest of who got it the worst instead of let's just build together

You can't build with me if every time you lash out its at me...
Lash out at them and make us better

That issue is not easily resolved.

As I've said before, as a society, men are expected to carry certain burdens.

We're expected to be logical, strong, steadfast, detached enough . . .

. . . and women are allowed to be the opposite of those things. If you're going to have a movement with women in it, you have to know that going in. Confronting a man about some shit may go left, but it is more accepted by society.

I don't know, bruh.

Despite everything I've said, black women have been immensely valuable, and do fight for us ... so, you have to take the good with the bad.

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend

. . . and women are allowed to be the opposite of those things. If you're going to have a movement with women in it, you have to know that going in. Confronting a man about some shit may go left, but it is more accepted by society.

I don't know, bruh.

Despite everything I've said, black women have been immensely valuable, and do fight for us ... so, you have to take the good with the bad.

But none of what I said says different about black women
I never bashed any never said they aren't our allies

I simply said that nobody interested in true equality so stop calling it that cause that's not what it is.

I'm pro everything women
Choice
Pay
Rights
Everything

And double that for black women

Nuance is missing from our side

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member

. . . and women are allowed to be the opposite of those things.
If you're going to have a movement with women in it, you have to know that going in. Confronting a man about some shit may go left, but it is more accepted by society.

I don't know, bruh.

I hate when people say this bullshit,I understand men and women are different,but to say men are logical and women are the opposite is bullshit.

People,who say this bullshit act like women are children.

Of course,black women fight for us,but the article said that black men don 't fight for them when that's a fucking lie.

Better

Support BGOL
Registered
I hate when people say this bullshit,I understand men and women are different,but to say men are logical and women are the opposite is bullshit.

People,who say this bullshit act like women are children.

Of course,black women fight for us,but the article said that black men don 't fight for them when that's a fucking lie.

EXPECTED ....ALLOWED ... EXPECTED ... ALLOWED ...

Read, motherfucker.

It don't mean men are always logical, and it don't mean women are always illogical ...

...but we aren't both allowed to be emotional and illogical by society at large the same.

That ain't news.

Sango

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Like I said tho Im not turning on her but I'm done with the concept that ppl can just do that type of fuck shit and we excuse cause they said something else as well

The way they are doing it is divisive not inclusive
Calling black straight men white men is about as low as you can go
And it ain't just her that cosigned it

We're at a place where men can't be human

Don't address your feelings or identify or acknowledge them or else you soft
While simultaneously needing to have empathy towards everyone else
How?
How can I have empathy for others if I am not allowed to have it for myself?

This is general speaking

Like fuck hit dog hollering stuff I'm not like any of the "trash black men" but I am a black man and if you say black men are trash how am I supposed to receive that?

Cause if a man says black women are trash no nuances will be had no hit dog hollering nothing
You went against every black woman
Why can't we all just be together lol

You'll literally see a dude cosign a woman like yes I agree then shell snipe back with
Don't cosign me yall are trash

But unity right?
Yo, I completely understand and she will have to answer for the fuckshit. This, temporary isolation, may even get her in line and force her to check her ways. She doesn't seem irrational, but if she's like the example you said, then fuck it, let her roast. However, for the cause, we may have to be more tactical and show her how in the midst of her turning on us that we didn't completely turn on her. Show her what unity is about and define that shit for all other women and men that are out there pulling stunts.

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
Yo, I completely understand and she will have to answer for the fuckshit. This, temporary isolation, may even get her in line and force her to check her ways. She doesn't seem irrational, but if she's like the example you said, then fuck it, let her roast. However, for the cause, we may have to be more tactical and show her how in the midst of her turning on us that we didn't completely turn on her. Show her what unity is about and define that shit for all other women and men that are out there pulling stunts.

It's possible to do both
I have her back
But when shit is all good I'd hope she wouldn't be back on that bs

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
EXPECTED ....ALLOWED ... EXPECTED ... ALLOWED ...

Read, motherfucker.

It don't mean men are always logical, and it don't mean women are always illogical ...

...but we aren't both allowed to be emotional and illogical by society at large the same.

That ain't news.

Right so my argument is and has been if we are working to change it
Change it.
All of it
I'm all for it

Sango

Rising Star
Platinum Member
It's possible to do both
I have her back
But when shit is all good I'd hope she wouldn't be back on that bs
And that's when we also need to let her know.
Make sure she knows where her support came from.

"Stop attacking our colleague Jemele Hill, any other journalists or media entities. We are doing our work." Josina Anderson.

Better

Support BGOL
Registered
Right so my argument is and has been if we are working to change it
Change it.
All of it
I'm all for it

Just being realistic, bro' ...

...there is some degree of power in 'politicized victimhood', and I don't see them giving up THAT power for the sake of equality.

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
But none of what I said says different about black women
I never bashed any never said they aren't our allies

I simply said that nobody interested in true equality so stop calling it that cause that's not what it is.

I'm pro everything women
Choice
Pay
Rights
Everything

And double that for black women

Nuance is missing from our side
we are in the age of 140 characters or less - nuance is dead

Raymond

Rising Star
Registered
You'll have to ask her. She did respond to a person in the comments of that tweet.

What the f is she talking about? If she supports that article, she's an enemy to black people period. You can critize black men all you want, but saying black men have the power and evil intentions of white people is just some sick, demented shit. White people pay coons money to write articles like that. Also, not one single black man was defending Ray Rice for punching her fiancee so I really don't know what she's talking about.

Tha Great Muta

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Overrated?

He carried the page 2 platform for a decade. Ushered in the podcast era. And created Grantland and ESPN 30 for 30 content which brought journalistic integrity and academy award acclaim to the network.

Ushered in the podcast era? Everybody was getting a podcast then it was common sense. Grantland was ok I guess was never a big fan and the big 30 for 30 that all the cacs wanted to give academy award acclaim to was what? The one about OJ fucking Simpson.

ESPN took all his ideas and kicked his cac ass out like most employers do to their employees. He would still have his HBO show or be there in some capacity if he's the trailblazer your making him out to be.

WattDogs

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
What's more important, Jemele's obvious issues with black men, which can be resolved privately or this unwarranted suspension that is basically the part of a long line of "putting these ******* back in their place"? What's more important?

We gotta learn how to fight the right battles.

We black men also need to have better control of our emotions.

We (black people) need to stop trying to justify ourselves under the eyes of white folks.

We need to start supporting one another. As James Brown said, "Is you with me or not?"

We also gotta stop trying to find a flaw in every black person & use that to discount them.

Especially when there's a bigger picture.

Tha Great Muta

Rising Star
Platinum Member
We may have disagreements with our women at times, but when our women are attacked by "outsiders" we need to put those disagreements aside and ride/shield/fight back for our women.

Again these are the tough decisions we have to make. What was she thinking cosigning an article that clearly divisive RIGHT after we defended her.

Amajorfucup

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Ushered in the podcast era? Everybody was getting a podcast then it was common sense. Grantland was ok I guess was never a big fan and the big 30 for 30 that all the cacs wanted to give academy award acclaim to was what? The one about OJ fucking Simpson.

ESPN took all his ideas and kicked his cac ass out like most employers do to their employees. He would still have his HBO show or be there in some capacity if he's the trailblazer your making him out to be.
You're misinformed Muta. And thats putting it kindly.

AllUniverse17

Rising Star
Registered
Again these are the tough decisions we have to make. What was she thinking cosigning an article that clearly divisive RIGHT after we defended her.

Let me ask you a question.

Should we be above reproach no matter what?

I believe we are allowed to have disagreements and conversations and debates so that we can both push each other to be better.

If you agree that we should be able to handle holding each other accountable for our faults, then you shouldnt be so mad at Jemele for that retweet.

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
23259340006_4a4bed2b4c.jpg