Jamie Foxx Confirms Mike Tyson Biopic with Pics

wwetv100

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
I'll believe it when I see it.
5 years ago

5 years ago lol.

You may have a point lol.

The new tech in Hollywood that was used for Will Smith movie though makes this interesting in that they can mimick the aesthetics of Tyson.

guyver

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I'll be interesting to compare it to the HBO movie with Michael Jai White. I don't know if Foxx can pull this off. Not taking a way from his talent, but I guess it also depends on what time in Tyson's life the movie is taking place.

Side note. I wish Hollywood would stop casting the same actors in movies especially when it comes to black actors/actresses.

55th View

Rising Star
Registered
J. Foxx will kill this shit and the technology will make up for the gaps. I predict this will be an Oscar-type role for him. That said, Michael Jai White did a damn good job as Tyson, so it will be interesting to compare the 2.

wwetv100

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
J. Foxx will kill this shit and the technology will make up for the gaps. I predict this will be an Oscar-type role for him. That said, Michael Jai White did a damn good job as Tyson, so it will be interesting to compare the 2.

The new technology is what I want to really see too. This may change things for actors forever. A James Dean posthumous movie is being done too.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Jamie Foxx to play Mike Tyson on TV biopic series from Martin Scorsese

The boxing legend says he hopes the series 'inspires and entertains' his fans.
By Joey Nolfi
March 22, 2021 at 01:40 PM EDT

Jamie Foxx is taking a bite out of Mike Tyson's life for his next major project.
Martin Scorsese will executive-produce the Oscar-winning actor's turn as the boxing legend in the upcoming biographical limited series Tyson, billed as an authorized chronicle of the namesake sportsman's life.
Foxx will star on and produce the series alongside Scorsese, Antoine Fuqua, and Rick Yorn, with the real-life Tyson's Legends Only League producing as well.
Jamie Foxx will play Mike Tyson and executive produce alongside the legendary boxer and Martin Scorsese.

| CREDIT: KEVIN WINTER/GETTY IMAGES; JOHN LAMPARSKI/GETTY IMAGES; VITTORIO ZUNINO CELOTTO/GETTY IMAGES
The project is set to span Tyson's life as he rises to become "one of the most legendary boxing figures of all time," per a press release.

"I have been looking to tell my story for quite some time," Tyson said in a statement. "With the recent launch of Legends Only League and the excitement from fans following my return to the ring, now feels like the perfect moment. I look forward to collaborating with Martin, Antoine, Jamie, and the entire creative team to bring audiences a series that not only captures my professional and personal journey but also inspires and entertains."
A premiere date and network has yet to be announced.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

RoomService

Dinner is now being served.
BGOL Investor