Jamaican started hip hop. Gtfoh

Da Backshot Champ

Rising Star
Registered
:lol:Them Niccas think hip hop is anything with two turntables.

and Shan said himself it started in the Bronx. He walked it back and said he never said it started in queens in the record.

LOL, I feel the same way, but I was just trying to let these old niggas live. Much love to Herc, I had a chance to build with him a couple of times in the late 90s when I used to frequent a bar on Prospect near Forest PJs..

footloose

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I always said. Niccas can’t do business together. With that being said.
Finally we got a white man to get it straight.

footloose

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
LOL, I feel the same way, but I was just trying to let these old niggas live. Much love to Herc, I had a chance to build with him a couple of times in the late 90s when I used to frequent a bar on Prospect near Forest PJs..
Mc
Dj
Breakdance
Graffiti
Knowledge born

graffiti
For the jamaica theory that it started there.
well. Ain’t no damn trains in jamaica to graffiti on so that lie is out the window.
B boy
Only boro I see Niccas spinning on a damn floor would be the Bronx cause dudes was playing in the damn rubble in burned down building anyway.
dj
Now I was giving dj to Jamaicans till the white dude had to break it down for us blacks people and teach us our own history. Jamaicans got the dj ing from southerners cause they could get the radio stations down south. So they imitated southern Americans. But I will give them the big ass speakers as far as I know.
rapper
goes way back to pigmeat but the white guy took it further back than that.
Knowledge
That might be a Harlem or Brooklyn thing first cause dr York was in Brooklyn and 5% temple was in Harlem.
but it was coined hip hop cause it involved all 5 of these things to make it a culture

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I remember when hip hop

Started out and was called jungle and

Monkey music and villified in the

Media. There was no question as to its orgins

And how Americans especially the ones from nyc

Were everything wrong with the world

Nobody was claiming hip hop but the hip

Hop heads.

Now it help defines a country.

Everybody claiming it now

To have literally lived to see

Hip hop go and stay global and

Folks claiming it as their own

Is truly something else

Duece

Get your shit together
BGOL Investor
Is it true that Jamaicans were able to pick signals from Southern US based R&B stations?

Duece

Get your shit together
BGOL Investor
E83DzNgXsAk-2eQ

footloose

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The rap element. Ali first national rapper. And local radio djs such as dr jive and others predated to 1920s

Last edited: