Jamaican started hip hop. Gtfoh

footloose

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
2:00:00 mark
This Nicca bust tried to slickly say hip hop was birthed by Jamaica :hmm: :roflmao: Foh
the turntables and sound system was the contribution. Niccas worries bout the white man stealing history. Got Niccas trying to steal shit right now

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
lol.....

my Jamaican brethren always fed off American music

and we feed off jamaican music....

who cares we all family eating at the same table...

dont listen to the white washed jamaicans and the coonMERICANS...

The Real Fam KNOW what it is....

at the end of the day we both created a sound that shook up the world

Moorish Jamaicans with ska and reggae

Moorish Americans with rock and roll, r&b, hip hop...

all music is Moorish Music....

footloose

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
lol.....

my Jamaican brethren always fed off American music

and we feed off jamaican music....

who cares we all family eating at the same table...

dont listen to the white washed jamaicans and the coonMERICANS...

The Real Fam KNOW what it is....

at the end of the day we both created a sound that shook up the world

Moorish Jamaicans with ska and reggae

Moorish Americans with rock and roll, r&b, hip hop...

all music is Moorish Music....
Mc Shan tried this shit 40 years ago. Niccas will try to re write “his-story”.
Bus can get tha fuck outta here wit that. And I know kool herc personally. See him every other day.
they brought the dj ing.
he talked about the 5 elements. Wrong again
Graffiti and break dancing wasn’t a spin off cause the grafetti started with the gangs before that. The black spades which then became Zulu nation.
Then he tried to short change the Puerto Rican’s contribution saying they just brought graffiti and break dancing. Noooopee. Cold crush and fat boys had Puerto Rican’s rapping. And DJing.
then the Nicca said 5 elements and only said 4 :roflmao:
and there’s more than 5 now.
this Nicca gone bring Krs outta retirement

Last edited:

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Mc Shan tried this shit 40 years ago. Niccas will try to re write “his-story”.
Bus can get tha fuck outta here wit that. And I know kool herc personally. See him every other day.
they brought the dj ing.
he talked about the 5 elements. Wrong again
Graffiti and break dancing wasn’t a spin off cause the grafetti started with the gangs before that. The black spades witch then became Zulu nation.

I never knew the true orgin of Zulu nation.. Black spades?? word

thats interesting!!

but you want to know what nobody wants to talk about.....

the fact is... what REALLY BIRTHED the hip hop movement...

BENIGN NEGLECT/WIGHT FLIGHT..

Let me explanin in the late seventies, cacs said lets just ignore the inner city violence and blight...

crackers left the city in droves.... literally just turned their back on the city......

next thing you know, gangs stopped fighting with knives, guns and started battling with words and dance moves...

a whole culture just blew up and took over the world... new york city WAS THAT PLACE TO BE...

young heads all over the world wanted to come be a part of it.

next thing you know hood gets flooded with cocaine and what was once a true

art form of the inner city experience.... was muddled down to a battle of who

can lose their soul the fastest...

when them cacs left.... NEW YORK BECAME NEW YORK

THEY CAME BACK... turned the city into a big tourist trap

NOW WE WEARING MASKS AND SOCIAL DISTANCING....

they really shouldve stayed where they were at

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
This Nicca bust tried to slickly say hip hop was birthed by Jamaica :hmm: :roflmao: Foh
the turntables and sound system was the contribution. Niccas worries bout the white man stealing history. Got Niccas trying to steal shit right now

You doing too much bruh. Out of all the things to argue about, this has been hashed rehashed and rehashed and you know what go ahead

footloose

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

thats interesting!!

Let me explanin in the late seventies, cacs said lets just ignore the inner city violence and blight...

crackers left the city in droves.... literally just turned their back on the city......

next thing you know, gangs stopped fighting with knives, guns and started battling with words and dance moves...

a whole culture just blew up and took over the world... new york city WAS THAT PLACE TO BE...

Yeah bambatta made the truce for the gangs and the gangs turned into hip hop.
but it wasn’t just the white flight. It’s after they left they built the cross Bronx expressway straight through the boro which devalued all the property, so the building owners started burning the building to collect the insurance.

and side note. Them rap Niccas need to reach out to cool herc. You wouldn’t even recognize herc standing right next to him. The Nicca doing bad but they throw his name all over the place.

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
but it wasn’t just the white flight. It’s after they left they built the cross Bronx expressway straight through the boro which devalued all the property, so the building owners started burning the building to collect the insurance.

and side note. Them rap Niccas need to reach out to cool herc. You wouldn’t even recognize herc standing right next to him. The Nicca doing bad but they throw his name all over the place.

What Herc out here struggling??? gotdam shame...

he aint on that pipe or nothing right??

footloose

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
You doing too much bruh. Out of all the things to argue about, this has been hashed rehashed and rehashed and you know what go ahead
Nah that Nicca was doing too much. Give credit where credit due. Even nore and efn was trying to interject.
apparantly buss made it his business to spew that misinformation.
Puerto Rican, jamaican and American culture all contributed. It’s just the Mc took off first. Then the dj. Then the fashion(which he forgot to mention). the battle aspect is just now taking off. It’s still graffiti and dance that hasn’t taken off. But the graffiti is trying to make its way next

footloose

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
What Herc out here struggling??? gotdam shame...

he aint on that pipe or nothing right??
Nah not that bad. He just got that worn down look and shabby clothes lately. I’m just saying what the game is worth now them Niccas should be able to put him in position as much as they throw his name around.
shit this Nicca be in the bar with us all the time

Darkness's

" Jackie Reinhart is a lady.."
Registered

uh... Yeah hip hop was started jamaican born dj kool herc. I'm American and even I know that. Here we are now and the music sucks.

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Nah not that bad. He just got that worn down look and shabby clothes lately. I’m just saying what the game is worth now them Niccas should be able to put him in position as much as they throw his name around.
shit this Nicca be in the bar with us all the time

well then sheeeeet yall kniggas need to set up a go fund me for the bruh...

footloose

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
uh... Yeah hip hop was started jamaican born dj kool herc. I'm American and even I know that. Here we are now and the music sucks.
Yes. Jamaican Born. Culture Not from Jamaica. He was spinning american soul music while the other Jamaican djs With the big sound systems was spinning Jamaican music. And disco.
the culture came from street gang culture. Krs one was the first one to bring Jamaican culture and sound into hip hop which he heard when he was living in Brooklyn

TENT

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I do not know what they fuck y'all call hip hop. You can hip hop all you want. Rap music is Jamaican music bastardized.

HandspeedJohnson

The Mighty
Registered
Hip-hop's elements come from every section of the diaspora, however they were call merged in NYC which is in America. I don't think there is any one source you can point to without seeing the same in other spaces.

Artist Monk

Rising Star
OG Investor

thats interesting!!

watch Rubble Kings

watch Flying Cut Sleeves

Artist Monk

Rising Star
OG Investor

Y'all confusing Bambatta who was a little kid at that truce meeting on Hoe Ave with BAM.

Lot more complex than this and involved input from other Boroughs especially Queens when it came to the system advances.

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
watch Rubble Kings

watch Flying Cut Sleeves

bruh...

I just seen the first fifteen min of flyin cut sleeves, and I was like, cops were so shook

of the hoods back then.. bruhs was self snitching all fuckin day....

and still be in the streets...

they try that shit today on social media, they getting tracked down and questioned...

footloose

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Y'all confusing Bambatta who was a little kid at that truce meeting on Hoe Ave with BAM.

Lot more complex than this and involved input from other Boroughs especially Queens when it came to the system advances.
You probably right about the bam. The gangs before my time. I do know the black spades turned into Zulu in Bambatta era

footloose

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
watch Rubble Kings

watch Flying Cut Sleeves
Jus watched the Rubble Kings. was good.
the fucked up thing is hip hop was a evolution from the gang culture in the Bronx and now in ny they going right back to gang culture smfh

Last edited:

TENT

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Rap Music was created by a Jamaican. It was influenced by reggae dancehall music.

Complete with MCs battling each other.

Jamaicans started rap music.

Hip Hop as the thread title states is something else. Jamaicans didn't create all of hip hop.

Rap music is derived from Dancehall.

But listen @footloose, I aint going back and forth with y'all niggas. Believe what you want to.

Dont respond to me on this shit. My mind is made up and so is yours.

If you contradicting me, you can FUCK OFF.

I aint in the mood.

If you can explain how I’ll consider credit to that . Take ya time.

footloose

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Rap Music was created by a Jamaican. It was influenced by reggae dancehall music.

Complete with MCs battling each other.

Jamaicans started rap music.

Hip Hop as the thread title states is something else. Jamaicans didn't create all of hip hop.

Rap music is derived from Dancehall.

But listen @footloose, I aint going back and forth with y'all niggas. Believe what you want to.

Dont respond to me on this shit. My mind is made up and so is yours.

If you contradicting me, you can FUCK OFF.

I aint in the mood.
I understand. No ones ever in the mood to lose. But the battling came from the gang culture and the music influence came from funk and soul. And there’s been rapping before herc.
the only thing herc himself accredits himself to is looping the break part of the james browns and funk songs which he named himself the “merry go round“

Last edited:

TENT

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yeah ok. History is filled with lies.

Trump is the greatest president and did more for blacks than Abe Lincoln.

Carry on and believe your hate filled narrative.

I understand. No ones ever in the mood to lose. But the battling came from the gang culture and the music influence came from funk and soul. And there’s been rapping before herc.
the only thing herc himself accredits himself to is looping the break part of the james browns and funk songs which he named himself the “merry go round“

footloose

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Busta ryjmes. Debunked. Again. Nice try teeff boi

hip hop decoded book now back in circulation

What makes hip hop what it is is it’s multi cultural content. Which is why it bleeds into other cultures. Stop trying to make it your own. You’ll fuck it up. Nothing will stand built on a lie.

Last edited:

Da Backshot Champ

Rising Star
Registered
Mc Shan tried this shit 40 years ago.

Shan aint the only one who thinks hip-hop was started in Queens. I knew DJ Pete Jones back in the day. He was a Bronx nigga who felt hip hop started in Queens. I remember seeing an interview one time with Kurtis Blow who was alluding to hip hop "park jams" taking place in Brooklyn before the Bronx started theirs. I am a Harlem nigga, so I aint got too much skin in the game.

Last edited:

footloose

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Shan aint the only one who thinks hip-hop was started in Queens. I knew DJ Pete Jones back in the day. He was a Bronx nigga who felt hip hop started in Queens. I remember seeing an interview one time with Kurtis Blow who was alluding to hip hop "park jams" taking place in Brooklyn before the Bronx started theirs. I am a Harlem nigga, so I aint got too much skin in the game.

:lol:Them Niccas think hip hop is anything with two turntables.

and Shan said himself it started in the Bronx. He walked it back and said he never said it started in queens in the record.