Is Toronto less racist than any American city ?

West Endian

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Wherever Cacs live, racism will exist.As a black kid that lived in predominantly Italian neighborhood, trust me I've experienced racism. Growing up in Toronto, the racism may not be as blatant and in your face as some American cities, but it exists.

mariano42

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Interesting! Always seen dude on TV since the Air Canada (Carter)days. But why Bomani showing up with the negativity? Type of dude to turn down the lotto because of taxes.

bgbtylvr

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Toronto is the city the Canada could not CONTROL the influx of cultures. It’s the Florida of Canada. Go to Vancouver and listen to em cry about the Asians. They openly call it Hongcouver. The Arabs and Indians are taking over VC fast. Whites can’t afford to live in the good sections because Asians got shit on lock. Toronto is better for POC because they can have safety in numbers and the racism is tamped down to a whisper.

Autobot8655

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
In terms of diversity, opportunities, peace of mind, great housing, great food culture, festivals, etc..Toronto is that city. I do agree using Milwaukee as barometer for American racism was not a good choice either.

I think the Milwaukee comparison comes more from the Bucks than as a general barometer.

And as someone who grew up in the states and have lived in Toronto for about a decade....Milwaukee is as good a comparison as Chicago, Houston or other comparable city. American cities are overflowing with racism....all of them.

The levels of racism in the cities that I mentioned are much higher than in Toronto. My wife, who is a Toronto native, grew up in Scarborough in more of a culturally/racially mixed area with other immigrants. Since she has not experienced the anti-black racism of the USA which includes economic segregation, state sponsored oppression/violence and forced poverty (not a complete list), she looks to me for information.

In all honesty, black Americans have experienced nothing less than terrorism from the US.

Anti-black racism is embedded in the USA....it's inseparable

But over the last 15-20 years, the mainstream media has watered down racism to what the sikh experienced...someone who cant get hired because he looks/sounds different...yada yada yada

That is the issue that I have with this article.

If you want to see true racism, look at the black American (ADOS) experience in the USA or even the First Nation experience in Canada.

mariano42

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Toronto is the city the Canada could not CONTROL the influx of cultures. It’s the Florida of Canada. Go to Vancouver and listen to em cry about the Asians. They openly call it Hongcouver. The Arabs and Indians are taking over VC fast. Whites can’t afford to live in the good sections because Asians got shit on lock. Toronto is better for POC because they can have safety in numbers and the racism is tamped down to a whisper.
I've heard about Vancouver and their high Asian population. Must be a hot hotbead for Asian women and white men interracial couples :smh:

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
hell yea it exist in toronto, its just they are so

polite about it you rarily notice... ESPECIALLY coming from america...

but it exist big time no doubt about it..

but if you want to raise a family and get the best bang for your buck when it comes to housing and schooling...

Toronto should be on your radar.... its funny because if they pull of an nba championship...

it would be the first time in a long time america will give canada some respectful attention...

phanatic

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
It's great that he thinks his city "tolerates" other cultures.

I started to smell the "look how progressive we're being vibe" after the second tweet, and confirmed it with the black guy with dreads eating with an asian guy. That's not some fucking planets colliding event...that's everyone in philly at every sports game. The fact that he points out basic shit like fans somehow getting along even though they are from different cultures is a reach.

bgbtylvr

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I've heard about Vancouver and their high Asian population. Must be a hot hotbead for Asian women and white men interracial couples :smh:
Correct. And they-be-fine-as-fuck! You got the frying pan face ones, then you got the mixed ones that are half Arab, white or black and they are fine as fuck. Those aren’t everywhere but when you see one :D I was in Vancouver last week, downtown. Thick ass white broads too!

Cannibal

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I understand some racism and favoritism, the major problem that gets my goat is the shooting of unarmed men, the problem is false evidence, planting of drugs and guns. Niggas walking around here in fear of the police not because they can harm you, but because they can do it and get away with it.

Llano

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I visited Toronto in the early 90's when my cousin lived there and I vividly remember racist graffiti in Subway with the N word scribbled on the walls

Autobot8655

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I visited Toronto in the early 90's when my cousin lived there and I vividly remember racist graffiti in Subway with the N word scribbled on the walls

early 90s TO is not 2019 TO.

anti black racism is here but nowhere near USA levels...due to the way Canada has recently embraced multiculturalism in the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms

Also, there are limits to the freedom of expression/speech in Canada that do not exist in the USA.

Llano

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
early 90s TO is not 2019 TO.

anti black racism is here but nowhere near USA levels...due to the way Canada has recently embraced multiculturalism in the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms

Also, there are limits to the freedom of expression/speech in Canada that do not exist in the USA.

I know it's not as bad as America but let's not act like Canada's shit don't stink. Your still a N word at the dinner table no matter what country you live in.

Autobot8655

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I know it's not as bad as America but let's not act like Canada's shit don't stink. Your still a N word at the dinner table no matter what country you live in.

You dont get what I am saying.

You cant have America without explicit anti-black terrorism. The country (America) wouldnt exist without it. The bulk of Canadian racial terrorism has been directed towards First Nation people. Remember that slaves escaped north to Canada to get away from racial terrorism in the USA. Of course Canada was not perfect, but cats have to understand how monstrously oppressive that the USA has been to specifically black people.

In the recent past, Canada has taken concerted efforts to make shit better for racially oppressed people here...They are currently in the process of making some amends with First Nation people...while the USA has bathed in the southern strategy, crack-cocaine, mass incarceration etc during the same era.

There is really no comparison between the two.

But like i said earlier in this thread, racism is a lot more than being denied a job for black people in America (ADOS).

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor

Don't forget the minority white, rich, french speaking population run shit.

BronxBomber

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Was just in Toronto last year and had a ball. Me and my group actually met the owner of a Tequila company and he and his chick took us club hopping. Didn't feel any different from the US though. Felt like had some eyes on us and others was rocking with us. Don't have enough to say one side or the other. SN: Went Black Ski Weekend 3 years straight.

slewdem100

Rising Star
OG Investor
Canada is a more progressive nation than the US so yes Toronto probably has less racism than any US city.....White supremacy is still White supremacy though so I wouldnt be shocked in the least if a big racist incident happened in Toronto....if White supremacy is present in majority Black nations then its definitely present in Toronto