Is This Truly Allowed on a Keto Diet? Keto Pizza

Hotlantan

Beep beep. Who's got the keys to the Jeep? VROOM!
BGOL Investor
So ONE serving of this DIET recipe has

a pound and a half of bacon,
a cup of parmesean,
a cup of mozzarella,
a cup of tomato sauce and
four lonely pepperoni pieces

Is this kosher and vegan? Three separate cook times not to mention how long it takes to make that bacon weave. What str8 Black male would make this? :dunno:

trick20

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Just curious for the ones who do keto....do yall do it for a few months or is this a lifestyle. I'm looking into it now but the high fat part im still trying to get a grasp of

VAiz4hustlaz

Proud ADOS and not afraid to step to da mic!
BGOL Investor
Just curious for the ones who do keto....do yall do it for a few months or is this a lifestyle. I'm looking into it now but the high fat part im still trying to get a grasp of

I don’t do it yet because I lack the willpower :D , but I’ve learned a lot about it.

Basically, it’s supposed to be a lifestyle where you eliminate sugars and simple carbs from your diet, and watch the complex carbs. Fiber is good though. Your body burns fat for energy (ketones), instead of sugar (since you’re not eating it), which helps control your weight. The high fat part is to maintain satiety between meals and help regulate hormones. People vastly underestimate how important hormone regulation is, from cortisol to testosterone to insulin, and their roles in weight-loss and muscle-building. In particular, of the three main macro nutrients of carbs, proteins, and fats, the fats are the only ones that do not spike your insulin at all.

dabushwackers

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I've been on Keto for 5 months, I weighed 290 when I started the diet and now I weigh 232. I dropped from a size 42 waist in jeans, 4 sizes down to a 38. I'm 5-9 so my goal is to get to 180lbs. I feel great but to get to where I'm at in the diet comes with a lot of sacrifices. It is a boring diet imagine coffee with no sugar, no creamers and you basically have to drink nothing but water which is not a bad thing. Almond flour and coconut oil are my best friends and of course eggs because that is pretty much my breakfast for the last 5 months. As far as the topic about keto pizza I make homemade keto pizza. I buy a low carb cauliflower pizza crust sold in Walmart I use Rao's homemade tomato and basil sauce which has no sugar and is very low on carbs, I cut up chicken breast into small pieces and buy fresh mozzarella cheese. It is pretty good I also make pizza with a BBQ sauce by G.Hughes which is great for keto which is also in Walmart. G.Hughes also makes great ketchup which is sugar-free and is extremely low on carbs because on keto ketchup is a no-no it has sugar.:yes::itsawrap:

VAiz4hustlaz

BGOL Investor
I've been on Keto for 5 months, I weighed 290 when I started the diet and now I weigh 232. I dropped from a size 42 waist in jeans, 4 sizes down to a 38. I'm 5-9 so my goal is to get to 180lbs. I feel great but to get to where I'm at in the diet comes with a lot of sacrifices. It is a boring diet imagine coffee with no sugar, no creamers and you basically have to drink nothing but water which is not a bad thing. Almond flour and coconut oil are my best friends and of course eggs because that is pretty much my breakfast for the last 5 months. As far as the topic about keto pizza I make homemade keto pizza. I buy a low carb cauliflower pizza crust sold in Walmart I use Rao's homemade tomato and basil sauce which has no sugar and is very low on carbs, I cut up chicken breast into small pieces and buy fresh mozzarella cheese. It is pretty good I also make pizza with a BBQ sauce by G.Hughes which is great for keto which is also in Walmart. G.Hughes also makes great ketchup which is sugar-free and is extremely low on carbs because on keto ketchup is a no-no it has sugar.:yes::itsawrap:

Congrats man. But if you were 290 lbs at 5’9”, it’s hard to believe you were only a size 42 in the waist.

People carry their weight differently though. Are you intermittently fasting as well?

dabushwackers

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Congrats man. But if you were 290 lbs at 5’9”, it’s hard to believe you were only a size 42 in the waist.

People carry their weight differently though. Are you intermittently fasting as well?
Yeah man I would get the length hemmed to 30in because Sz 42 in length was like a curtain on me. I had a huge belly, now it looks like it is disappearing. On intermittently fasting I'm considering doing it once I'm at 200lbs.

VAiz4hustlaz

BGOL Investor
Yeah man I would get the length hemmed to 30in because Sz 42 in length was like a curtain on me. I had a huge belly, now it looks like it is disappearing. On intermittently fasting I'm considering doing it once I'm at 200lbs.

I’m still lost. Sz 42 in length? Is that a typo?

At 290 lbs, what was your waist size around the belly? Had to be larger than 42 inches.

dabushwackers

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I’m still lost. Sz 42 in length? Is that a typo?

At 290 lbs, what was your waist size around the belly? Had to be larger than 42 inches.
LoL Nah I meant I was wearing Sz 42 in the waist and when you by that size the length is usually 34 inches and my height was the problem fitting into pants or jeans in that size. My belly was huge it would hang over the beltline but I was fine in a Sz 42

TIMEISMONEY

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Can you give a run down on what you eat on daily basis. I’m 5’9 185 with a belly. I just wanna loose the belly. Been doing keto for 2 weeks.

dabushwackers

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Can you give a run down on what you eat on daily basis. I’m 5’9 185 with a belly. I just wanna loose the belly. Been doing keto for 2 weeks.
You gotta plan your meals ahead so what I do mostly divide my meat portions and prepare them on Sunday I write down the days I'm eating what for example on Monday I'll eat eggs with turkey bacon for breakfast for lunch, I'll eat a cobb salad and for dinner steamed broccoli with salmon. You definitely got to chef it up in the kitchen for success. I do not eat out anymore because it is hard to micro-manage your carb count with outside food. Most of the diet consists of salads and various meat. I only eat beef, fish, turkey, and chicken and I use grass-fed beef. I also recommend almond flour for pancakes and they sell keto everything bagels with cream cheese for breakfast. Drink plenty of water and since your trying to lose your belly if you can get out and ride a bike or use one in a gym that's an A+.

TIMEISMONEY

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
You gotta plan your meals ahead so what I do mostly divide my meat portions and prepare them on Sunday I write down the days I'm eating what for example on Monday I'll eat eggs with turkey bacon for breakfast for lunch, I'll eat a cobb salad and for dinner steamed broccoli with salmon. You definitely got to chef it up in the kitchen for success. I do not eat out anymore because it is hard to micro-manage your carb count with outside food. Most of the diet consists of salads and various meat. I only eat beef, fish, turkey, and chicken and I use grass-fed beef. I also recommend almond flour for pancakes and they sell keto everything bagels with cream cheese for breakfast. Drink plenty of water and since your trying to lose your belly if you can get out and ride a bike or use one in a gym that's an A+.
That wouldn’t seem like enough fat for the day in the example you gave

gamersfuel

Rising Star
Registered
for a stretch of a planned 6 week diet i lost 20 lbs.. Even with this, i had a few cheat meals each week. not a lot but i think it kept me from giving up on it. Most of the foods i like are keto friendly. After about 2 weeks the weight just started falling off. Drink plenty of water, because you will be taking in a lot of protein

dabushwackers

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
That wouldn’t seem like enough fat for the day in the example you gave
Sorry I left out a big one I keep my daily carb count no greater than 20g daily and absolutely no sugar whatsoever. To cut out frying food like I used to I bought an air fryer and it is worth it. I found one in Walmart made by Faberware for 59.99. I got so used to doing keto that when I cheat and drink sugary beverages and high in carbs food I feel funny like I don't miss that food but to each is own.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

VAiz4hustlaz

BGOL Investor
Sorry I left out a big one I keep my daily carb count no greater than 20g daily and absolutely no sugar whatsoever. To cut out frying food like I used to I bought an air fryer and it is worth it. I found one in Walmart made by Faberware for 59.99. I got so used to doing keto that when I cheat and drink sugary beverages and high in carbs food I feel funny like I don't miss that food but to each is own.

Your total carb count under 20g or just sugar?

dabushwackers

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Your total carb count under 20g or just sugar?
My carb count is 20g or under and maybe 5g the most in sugar but my target is always 0g of sugar daily. It's been working I've been losing weight weekly. You know what else I drink probiotic pills daily as well. If you experience keto like flu symptoms then your body is lacking electrolytes because of your decrease in sugar I recommend Gatorade zero or Himalayan salt in your water which helps with that.

DJCandle

BGOL Investor
Blaze’s keto pizza is good, just pricey. $4 extra for the keto crust but it’s only 6g net carbs per pie so it will definitely keep you in ketosis.

Don’t fall for Mod pizzas keto cauliflower crust though. It’s not keto at all.

jam hunk

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I started a Keto diet September 2020
Sept 4 General Doc blood test showed A1C = 6.6
Sept 10 Dentist visit Blood Pressure = 190/110 (Yep)
Weight 206 lbs.
5'6"
Wearing size XL
Waist 40 inches

October 13 2020
===========
Blood pressure 127/87
Waist 34 inches
Weight 189 lbs.
Wearing Size L and its loose

Will know A1C in December 2020

I make all my dishes home made nothing bought.
The diet isn't for everyone, I did it to lower my A1C and Blood Pressure, it seems to be working.........

VAiz4hustlaz

BGOL Investor
I started a Keto diet September 2020
Sept 4 General Doc blood test showed A1C = 6.6
Sept 10 Dentist visit Blood Pressure = 190/110 (Yep)
Weight 206 lbs.
5'6"
Wearing size XL
Waist 40 inches

October 13 2020
===========
Blood pressure 127/87
Waist 34 inches
Weight 189 lbs.
Wearing Size L and its loose

Will know A1C in December 2020

I make all my dishes home made nothing bought.
The diet isn't for everyone, I did it to lower my A1C and Blood Pressure, it seems to be working.........

Wow! Incredible! Props on the results! And this was only in the span of 6 weeks?

VAiz4hustlaz

BGOL Investor
Yes Sept 10 - 1Present 10/14/2020 shooting for Weight 176 by December - normal BP and A1C

Ok. So even less than 6 weeks. And 17 lbs lost. You must have been all gut to drop 6 inches in the waist like that.