Is H&R Block a good place to do your taxes?

rNubb

Rising Star
Registered
Unless you have a reason to pay for tax services, do it yourself. If you don't need an accountant then you don't need HR Block.

Go to irs.gov. Choose a free tax software download, or choose to do it online.

the same questions that the HR Block people are going to ask you, the software will. you can read and follow directions. This is what the folks at HR Block will do.

e file and you can get your money in your bank account in 8 days.

ugk

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Unless you have a shitload of exemptions and deductions that you can't keep track off, just do them yourself. If you're that scared that you will mess it up, do it yourself and take them to HR Block and have them go over it for $30

(0_0)..l.. finger

A GOD
Certified Pussy Poster
Unless you have a reason to pay for tax services, do it yourself. If you don't need an accountant then you don't need HR Block.

Go to irs.gov. Choose a free tax software download, or choose to do it online.

the same questions that the HR Block people are going to ask you, the software will. you can read and follow directions. This is what the folks at HR Block will do.

e file and you can get your money in your bank account in 8 days.

:eek::dance:

BoyJupiter

Star
Registered
I'm going to a private CPA simply because with places Like H&R Block, you have people that were just recently licensed to do taxes and may not be too familiar with tax benefits.

If you have a house and have paid over $5,000 in interest thus far, FIND A CPA.

If you don't have a house, do it on your own.

Also, don't fuck with Jackson Hewitt and Associates. I don't care what Magic says.

ktomtom

Support BGOL
Registered
You only need to go somewhere and get them done if you are itemizing and don't know what you're doing otherwise if you go to one of these spots only deal with someone who has been doing for some years. No newbies... I'm talking from experience.

CPT Callamity

Titty Feelin Villain
BGOL Investor
DIY. The only time I went to them was when I went overseas and didn't file for a year. I made sure I got all my cheese back.

The software is in everyone's mailbox this time of year. Read up and try it out before pressing send.

Kchill One

Potential Star
Registered
Private CPA will get you way better loot every time. I used all kinds of tax softwear from tax act to turbo tax. Always came up with 3k or less, shit one year it had me under. The CPA turned that shit around quick fast. Had me at 6k the first year and now 9k.

If you got student loans, a house, a small bussiness and make any income over 50k then a CPA is the way to go. If your married see if you can file seperate. Its always better to deal with a CPA cuz they keep current on tax changes...

Look at it this way. If he can get you 2-3k more why not pay him 200-300 bucks?

fishngrits76

Potential Star
Registered
Go to the H&R website and if you make less than 53k you can file for free. If you make more its like 25 bucks to use the software. I been using it for the past 3 years.

tfresca

Star
Registered
Best way do them yourself and have the IRS look over the return for you, branch offices will do this for you for free.