Is Disney destroying STAR WARS over George Lucas royalties? The Star Wars Rights-Midnight Edge

thundercat

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

:dunno:

220px-Jjportrait.jpg

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
They need to get a new Producer Kathleen Kennedy ain't getting it done.
watch the vid...

its because of license and merch issues Disney has been sabotaging these movies from the jump
they rushed to kill off characters created by Lucas -to keep 100% of merch
hamstringing Kasdan by asking JJ Abrams to create a new Star Wars series w/o directly using the same characters like he pulled off in Star Trek 2009

Disney CEO never wanted Kennedy -because Lucas made her running Lucasfilm part of the deal
Disney forced Kennedy to hire directors she would never choose to work with on her own - then when the project goes to shit like Solo and Rogue One - is when Kennedy is allowed to bring in directors she fucks with to clean it up

Tha Great Muta

Rising Star
Platinum Member
watch the vid...

its because of license and merch issues Disney has been sabotaging these movies from the jump
hamstringing Kasdan by asking JJ Abrams to create a new Star Wars series w/o directly using the same characters like he pulled off in Star Trek 2009

Disney CEO never wanted Kennedy -because Lucas made her running Lucasfilm part of the deal
Disney forced Kennedy to hire directors she would never choose to work with on her own - then when the project goes to shit like Solo and Rogue One - is when Kennedy is allowed to bring in directors she fucks with to clean it up

You think Rouge One is shit!!!????

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
I agree with them creating a new roster of characters to not pay Lucas for using the old ones.

I don't agree Disney is doing it purposefully to destroy Star Wars.

Star Wars was Lucas's baby. He was the one with the vision.

With Disney, too many people have input and it has watered it down.

People shit on the prequels but quiet as kept, they look better compared to Disney's films, because Lucas did something totally different.

The Disney era films recycled tropes and scenes, hell plot points from the original trilogy.

I sometimes wish Lucas never sold Star Wars to Disney.

Last edited:

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
Rogue One was the best of the Disney era films, but that's only because the last battle and Vader scene at the end. Other than that, it was pretty boring with forgettable characters. I honestly can only name like two or three.

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
You think Rouge One is shit!!!????
r i f :hmm:
when the project goes to shit like Solo and Rogue One - is when Kennedy is allowed to bring in directors she fucks with to clean it up

Rogue One is a good movie

- it was shit when Gareth Edwards was unable to turn in a cut and abandoned the project
Kennedy then brought in Tony Gilroy to salvage reshoot and finish the movie
The Director of Rogue One's Mythic Reshoots Speaks Out
Rogue One: Tony Gilroy Breaks His Silence on Star Wars Reshoot

Last edited:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
watch the vid...

She THIS part confuses me

WHY do ALL that?

Does it make Kennedy look incompetent? No cause she ends up hiring the NEXT GOOD DIRECTOR...

It makes Disney look bad.

That whole SOLO fuckery is STILL a stain that aint going away.

But to be fair... Rogue One did well Especially as the FIRST legit spin off film

and OVERALL got positive reviews

Hell the last 4 minutes is considered one of the GREATEST moments in Star wars cinematic history

and I think your RIGHT...

but killing iconic characters is short sighted as f*ck

they can NEVER EVER be replaces.

PERIOD

sidebar...

a LOT of fans HATE Kasdan, what is YOUR opinion?

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
She THIS part confuses me

WHY do ALL that?

Does it make Kennedy look incompetent? No cause she ends up hiring the NEXT GOOD DIRECTOR...

It makes Disney look bad.

That whole SOLO fuckery is STILL a stain that aint going away.

But to be fair... Rogue One did well Especially as the FIRST legit spin off film

and OVERALL got positive reviews

Hell the last 4 minutes is considered one of the GREATEST moments in Star wars cinematic history

and I think your RIGHT...

but killing iconic characters is short sighted as f*ck

they can NEVER EVER be replaces.

PERIOD

sidebar...

a LOT of fans HATE Kasdan, what is YOUR opinion?
Disney controls the narrative and PR- thats why so many fans think Kennedy is fucking up

Most have no clue how the business works, (especially how many moving pieces there are at at Lucasfilm - so thats why they think Feige would take the job - completely forgetting / ignoring the part about single canon across all media)

Extremely few know of what happens during film production and never hear how badly Solo was fucked up before Lord n Miller were fired or that Gareth Edwards ran away from Rogue never submitting a coherent cut -

Same way most have no clue about Josh Trank running away from F4 or how Justice League was really made by committee and how Snyder was demoted multiple times before being fired
or how hard WB still works to keep it under wraps that Wonder Woman was also made by the same committee

As for Kasdan - this is what most fans forget

The Empire Strikes Back

1980 ‧ Fantasy/Mystery ‧ 2h 7m
Release date: May 21, 1980 (USA)
Director: Irvin Kershner
Box office: 538.4 million USD
Budget: 18 million USD
Screenplay: Lawrence Kasdan

plus they don't know what his instructions are - we only see what the studio approves and director and editor commit to
here is an example of how nasty hollywood studios get down

Last edited:

"THE MAN"

Resident Cool Nerd
BGOL Investor
The Last Jedi was godawful but it doesn't make Lucas a saint.
Midichlorians. Anakin being evil in 2 seconds. The awkward romance with Padme. Anakin literally saying "From my point of view the Jedi are evil!" after killing kids. Anakin building C3PO. Ignoring Kenobi telling Luke that his dad was a great pilot when he met him. Anong other things.

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Anakin being evil in 2 seconds.
even though there was foreshadowing in multiple scenes over 3 movies - the result fell flat because of bad screenplay
"From my point of view the Jedi are evil!" after killing kids.
another result of a bad screenplay - there were multiple examples the jedi were corrupt but poor writing prevented it from being highlighted for the audience

Ignoring Kenobi telling Luke that his dad was a great pilot when he met him. Anong other things.
on this one - you either weren't paying attention or your memory is just poor
Anakin was a superhumanly gifted pilot in Phantom Menace

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
even though there was foreshadowing in multiple scenes over 3 movies - the result fell flat because of bad screenplay
another result of a bad screenplay - there were multiple examples the jedi were corrupt but poor writing prevented it from being highlighted for the audience

Thanks. I was about to quote his message and type a similar response.

No need to now. You hit it square on the head.

"THE MAN"

Resident Cool Nerd
BGOL Investor

Super humanly lol

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Disney controls the narrative and PR- thats why so many fans think Kennedy is fucking up

Most have no clue how the business works, (especially how many moving pieces there are at at Lucasfilm - so thats why they think Feige would take the job - completely forgetting / ignoring the part about single canon across all media)

Extremely few know of what happens during film production and never hear how badly Solo was fucked up before Lord n Miller were fired or that Gareth Edwards ran away from Rogue never submitting a coherent cut -

Same way most have no clue about Josh Trank running away from F4 or how Justice League was really made by committee and how Snyder was demoted multiple times before being fired
or how hard WB still works to keep it under wraps that Wonder Woman was also made by the same committee

As for Kasdan - this is what most fans forget

The Empire Strikes Back

1980 ‧ Fantasy/Mystery ‧ 2h 7m
Release date: May 21, 1980 (USA)
Director: Irvin Kershner
Box office: 538.4 million USD
Budget: 18 million USD
Screenplay: Lawrence Kasdan

plus they don't know what his instructions are - we only see what the studio approves and director and editor commit to
here is an example of how nasty hollywood studios get down

Hold on not to derail...

But you cant just drop that dc wb stuff like a nuke and leave...

Wtf??!!

And

I always thought Trank was the PROBLEM with Fantastic Four????