In your opinion who is the hottest artist out right now???

O.Red

Star
Registered
mia12-cut.jpg

mia.jpg

PrettyToney

Star
Registered
What exactly do you mean by "hottest"? In terms of publicity and promotion (not talent), it's Wayne. Lyrically, I'd say Hova, Bun B, or Lupe.

Jumbodicc

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
What exactly do you mean by "hottest"? In terms of publicity and promotion (not talent), it's Wayne. Lyrically, I'd say Hova, Bun B, or Lupe.

a combination of all, talent, lyrics, relevance, songwriting, crossover appeal whatever you would think a hot artist should have.

Tony Soprano

Star
Registered
As great as some of these cats in the game right now, it's strange how none of them are the answer as far as how to change what's happend to hip-hop as a whole.

We need some new-blood, or a throwback character in the game right now who can bring some new life to hip-hop.:yes:

So until that actually happens, hip-hop is dead.

LSN

Phat booty lover.
BGOL Investor
No one...the game is totally stale now...this shit is like fast food...it's only good for the moment...artists/songs get hot sizzle and pop in less than a month...

bfj04

Support BGOL
Registered
Lupe Fiasco
The Roots
Jay-Z
And I know alot of dudes waiting for Budden to blow up

hawk919

Star
Registered
JEEZY is the hottest artist right now

He got the street cred and the commericial appeal
and his own style and charisma

USDA respect the shield

ScottyPiffen745

BGOL CSI: Connoisseur of Sluts on Instagram™
Registered
1. Lil' Wayne (since he's on everybody's shit)
2. T-Pain (he makes sorry shit into hits with simple choruses)
3. Kanye West (not sure why, but maybe b/c of his beats and swagger)
4. Young Jeezy (the mainstream prototype for flashy street niggas who are about getting money)
5. Rick Ross (probably has had the best mainstream release so far this year)

beg4mercy

Star
Registered
JEEZY is the hottest artist right now

He got the street cred and the commericial appeal
and his own style and charisma

USDA respect the shield

What streets r u in to think Cheezy has street cred? That niggas a bitch...real talk. At least Bucc got his chain bacc. Cheezy cried for his shit and still will have to wait another lifetime to see his shit again....and he knows who has it!!!!

b_ghost

Potential Star
Registered
see ..thats why rap is so beyond lame...chains (slavery) come in like the most prized possessions....able to be killed in a single bound over them shits.

"who robbed who's chain" front page story by morning.

try rocking africa pendants or something besides ATTENTION WHORISH SHINY THINGS.

Otis Supreme

Star
BGOL Investor
1. Lil' Wayne (since he's on everybody's shit)
2. T-Pain (he makes sorry shit into hits with simple choruses)
3. Kanye West (not sure why, but maybe b/c of his beats and swagger)
4. Young Jeezy (the mainstream prototype for flashy street niggas who are about getting money)
5. Rick Ross (probably has had the best mainstream release so far this year)

add jay 2 that list and that pretty much sums it up. :yes:

..oj

Star
Registered
its hard to work out who popular cus everybody got such a love hate relationship with hip hop

kanye had 07 no question.

girls been loving lil'Wayne as a solo artist since 05 but hes never gonna be successful unless a variety of people mess with his music

but anybody they play on the radio tv whatever don't really have skill talent or promise

if Papoose or Joell Ortiz drop an album this year you can expect mainstream success

ICEBURG SLIM

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Don't like them, but I can't turn on the radio or TV without seeing these cats

lilwayne.jpg

One thing I like about Wayne is his consistency......
He was a monkey faced baby he stayed consistent and he grew to be a monkey faced man.
A face only a Lama could be proud of...........