In light of the death of Donda West...

femmenoire

Modded Moderator Modding
BGOL Investor
Femme I'm not a strong believer in cosmetic surgery.
IMO most of what we find objectionable about our bodies can likely be taken care of with better food and exercise. Ofcourse there are exceptions like after a big weigh loss skin may need to be removed and certainly breast reconstruction in cases of cancer but other than that elective cutting into ones body is a serious thing. I wouldn't do it unless I had to like any surgery. I definitely wouldn't want to alter my face in any way. I don't feel like aging is a bad thing. It's a blessing and contrary to our crap food society's expectations you can age beautifully if you take care of yourself.

BUT a little microdermabrasion and the occasional non invasive chemical peel is a lovely thing.

Girl ask the hundreds of women that have folds of skin after having babies. It's not a good look.

It wouldn't be a good look on a dude. So why would I try to lie about it for women just because she got knocked up.

If it can be resolved, get it resolved.

Izayoi

Scooty Puff Pilot
BGOL Investor
Girl ask the hundreds of women that have folds of skin after having babies. It's not a good look.

:( You are right. I know a man whose sister went in to get surgery for that exact reason and she got really really sick (infection). Luckily she recovered, but for real accordian stomach is troubling.

femmenoire

Modded Moderator Modding
BGOL Investor
:( You are right. I know a man whose sister went in to get surgery for that exact reason and she got really really sick (infection). Luckily she recovered, but for real accordian stomach is troubling.

Girl, I've never heard "accordian stomach" before in my life but that's hilarious albeit sad.

When I lost alot of weight for some reason I had a wrinkling in my belly. It was the grossest thing I had ever seen. Even my trainer was like, "Um, I dunno. Rub some vitamin E on it.":confused:

Mind you, I've never had kids. Apparently the elasticity in that area is just not good. There is nothing all the exercise in the world or all the damn lotions and potions and tonics in the world will do to help. So I got a liposuction fund to take care of that.

LeroyDibiase

Rising Star
Registered
I wonder what the fuck women did before plastic and elective surgery?? Maybe y'all should try that. That cutting yourself shit is for the birds.

ladyscorpio

Lively up yourself
Super Moderator
Unnecessary surgery (in this case, plastic surgery) is far too dangerous just for vanity. I am so scared of having kids and not having a nice body anymore; but, I refuse to go under the knife and anesthesia just to fix something physical that doesn't really need to be fixed. God forbid I get into an accident and have something that NEEDS to be fixed then makes plastic surgery necessary. Other than that, I agree that you should just be happy with what you have.

Just wanted to say welcome to the board ctchick :)

Peace

Jam_Jam

Star
Registered
I am against cosmetic surgery (for myself). Some people really feel like they need it, so I won't knock their hustle, but I don't want to take the chance of destroying any of my God given attributes in order to enhance them.

Chicutie

~Brown Suga~
BGOL Investor
Hearing about her death saddens me and honestly changes my view on plastic surgery. I know that death only occurs in small percentage of people, but it just really rubbed me the wrong way for some reason.

I think something that a lot of people don't realize too is that when you have other medical problems it puts you at a huge risk in any surgery. . not just plastic