If an Airline jacks up your flight, here's what each airline say they'll do.

Politic Negro

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Brought to you by Pete Buttigieg
Airline Customer Service Dashboard
The U.S. Department of Transportation has created a dashboard to ensure the traveling public has easy access to information about services that U.S. airlines provide to mitigate passenger inconveniences when the cause of a cancellation or delay was due to circumstances within the airline’s control. A green check mark on the dashboard means an airline has committed to providing that service or amenity to its customers. A red “x” means the airline has not made that commitment. However, airlines with a red “x” may provide these services and amenities in some instances in their discretion.

iu

iu

A controllable flight cancellation or delay is essentially a delay or cancellation caused by the airline. Examples include: maintenance or crew problems; cabin cleaning; baggage loading; and fueling.

Airlines are required to adhere to the promises that they make in their customer service plan, including commitments to care for customers in the event of controllable delays or cancellations. The Department will hold airlines accountable if they fail to do so.

Remember these commitments do not impact your entitlement to a refund. If an airline cancels a passenger’s flight or makes a significant change in the flight, regardless of the reason, airlines are required to provide a prompt refund to a ticketed passenger, including those with non-refundable tickets, should the passenger choose not to accept the alternative offered, such as rebooking on another flight. Learn more about your right to a refund. If you have a problem obtaining a refund that you believe that you are entitled to receive, you may file a complaint with the DOT.

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Not giving a Hotel overnight is crazy. But you play with what you pay.

Coldchi

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
i have to fly back out to Georgia next month.
in all my travels, i've never had a flight cancelled. delayed quite a few times, but never cancelled.
American Airlines will give you food vouchers if your flight is delayed for more than 3 or 4 hours.