i need gift ideas for my lady for christmas?

jojo3000

Potential Star
Registered

Cleopatra_J

I am the Ideal
BGOL Investor
well what type of person is she? what does she like to do? is she an outdoor kinda girl on a sit in front of the tv girl? is she a lover of gold and diamonds or more eclectic jewelry?? what is her age range?

Noir

Support BGOL
Registered
Just a guy's point of view...

Has she given you a hint or told you a few things that she would like? I am stressed enough this time of the year, and have no time to shop (I hate shopping as it is :angry:). Generally I just ask the person for a list of things they would like and pick from that. Other than that, money is always good.

It saves me the trouble of racking my brain trying to figure out what someone wants, picking the wrong item, and having to return things (which I do not do at all). As it is I haven't shopped yet and really I am not in the mood for it, my family doesn't really bother with exchanging gifts (all the kids are grown, etc.), but we'll get together as a family. We save the money shopping for a vacation or reunion later in the year.

jojo3000

Potential Star
Registered
well what type of person is she? what does she like to do? is she an outdoor kinda girl on a sit in front of the tv girl? is she a lover of gold and diamonds or more eclectic jewelry?? what is her age range?

she likes to try different things. ive gotten her dimaonds already (rings, necklaces, ear rings). this year we are going to atlanta for christmas/new years to see friends but are not staying with them. she is 30 years old. trying to get hints from her is like pulling teeth lol. i guess she wants me to figure something out without her having to say anything.

www.407partylink.com (central florida events & photos)
www.djgregg.com (hip hop videos, models, & more)
www.fivestargraphics.com (printing)
www.partyi4.com (orlando events)
www.fuegoparties.com (latin events & photos)
www.saywhut.com (crazy videos & photos)
www.talkoforlando.com (orlando events)

Cleopatra_J

I am the Ideal
BGOL Investor
she likes to try different things. ive gotten her dimaonds already (rings, necklaces, ear rings). this year we are going to atlanta for christmas/new years to see friends but are not staying with them. she is 30 years old. trying to get hints from her is like pulling teeth lol. i guess she wants me to figure something out without her having to say anything.

Well, she has all that nice jewelry, you could always get her an engraved jewelry holder from someplace like Things Remembered... You can never go wrong with a big new purse (leather is always nice) if you want something sentimental.. and you guys go to like a lot of concerts & shows you can get her a ticket stub holder album thingy... you could always get her some Carol's Daughter products..

But being that you said she has everything you might want to go more sentimental gift... Last year for Vday I gave someone a photo album of pictures full of us (we'd known each for over ten years) and I didn't fill it all the way up and put a cute sticky note after the last picture saying there were more memories to come...

onyxfemme

Punk Ass Decepticons!
BGOL Investor
Get her diamonds or clothes..Cant go wrong regardless how many times they are brought.

Cleopatra_J

I am the Ideal
BGOL Investor
Get her diamonds or clothes..Cant go wrong regardless how many times they are brought.

stick with the diamonds.

I disagree... idk what kinda lady she is.. but if you always get me diamonds... that's no fun.. show me that you put some thought and effort into my gift.. . Get me something that shows you pay attention to what I say throughout the year... that would be a good gift to me...

bigirl

anti- voluntary ignorance
BGOL Investor
Not true. I hate diamonds. If someone bought me diamonds they would sit in a drawer eternally and would get sold as soon as we broke up.

Yes, I agree with nice clothing. Something special and luxurious. I also agree with Carol's Daughter gift basket. I don't think there is any woman who wouldn't love that. Another idea is some electronic item she doesn't already possess. Maybe a puppy..

Noir

Support BGOL
Registered
trying to get hints from her is like pulling teeth lol. i guess she wants me to figure something out without her having to say anything.

Now, why do us guys have to always rack our brains and pull our hair out trying to figure out what you women want and then when we present said gift to you we get the :hmm: look and you women go to the store day after Christmas to trade it in anyway? :smh:

Your woman will be real surprised when she opens up an empty box for Christmas . . . j/k :D

I'm wondering, does she ask you what you'd like for Christmas or do you tell her some hints? Why can't she reciprocate?

bigirl

anti- voluntary ignorance
BGOL Investor
Now, why do us guys have to always rack our brains and pull our hair out trying to figure out what you women want and then when we present said gift to you we get the :hmm: look and you women go to the store day after Christmas to trade it in anyway? :smh:

Your woman will be real surprised when she opens up an empty box for Christmas . . . j/k :D

I'm wondering, does she ask you what you'd like for Christmas or do you tell her some hints? Why can't she reciprocate?

I asked my bf what he wanted for his bday plain out. I told him I was thinking of getting him such and such and he said he didn't want that. He wanted a GPS. I had him pick out the one he wanted and got it for him. Easy. We don't do Nimrod's birthday gifts.

Noir

Support BGOL
Registered
I asked my bf what he wanted for his bday plain out. I told him I was thinking of getting him such and such and he said he didn't want that. He wanted a GPS. I had him pick out the one he wanted and got it for him. Easy. We don't do Nimrod's birthday gifts.

That's what I'm talking about! If JoJo's wife told him what she would like, dropped a few hints, or at least gave various suggestions, this thread would not be necessary!

JoJo would not straining his brain thinking what to get...
He would not be wandering the mall for hours looking for ideas...
He would not run into that phat-assed woman working behind the counter willing to "help him out"...
Said phat-assed woman wouldn't whisper in JoJo's ear the only thing SHE wants for Christmas...
Mrs. JoJo would not be divorced by Christmas . . .:lol:

But seriously, you could always try a different vein. Go with the Carol's Daughter items, get some nice music, a spa coupon, some good books, candles, nice robe, etc. for a little gift of downtime for her. You'll reap the benefits afterward.

Now I have to go shopping... Hey, can anyone help me out with a grab bag gift for a co-worker? Young chick, Ethiopian, neo-soulish type personality, vegetarian, intelligent. I was thinking of a book perhaps. May hit Carol's Daughter myself . . .

Last edited:

jojo3000

Potential Star
Registered
thanks for some of the ideas people some of yall is funny but yeah my lady makes it hard 9like most girls i bet) never want to hint always with the girl games with me its like :what you want for christmas?" "a new big screen tv, watch, shit for my ride"...with her its "baby what you want for christmas?" "i dont know just surprise me"

my man was right she'll be surprised with an empty box:lol:

nah for real though i think im going with the spa treatment thats one thing ive never done for her yet

melonpecan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
If ya'll coming to Atlanta for the holidays why don't you find something she likes here and take her to it.

For instance I like comics and anime so a trip to Oxford Comics would work good.

You can take her to a show at the Center for Puppetry Arts or to a class where she can make her own puppet. Yeah the put it on for kids but it's different and something she won't forget.

If she like the ocean you can buy her a starfish pin and take her to the Aquarium.

Or a consignment shop.

There are a ton of specialty stores around here you can find with the net to see if there is something you can take her to according to her tastes.

jojo3000

Potential Star
Registered
You can take her to a show at the Center for Puppetry Arts or to a class where she can make her own puppet. Yeah the put it on for kids but it's different and something she won't forget.

If she like the ocean you can buy her a starfish pin and take her to the Aquarium.

good looks yeah we already going to the aquarium and the coca cola factory thing but thanks for the ideas. im gon check into that puppet thing