I love anything with cabbage, especially my Southern, Soul Food Style Fried Cabbage Recipe. It's INC

MASTERBAKER

༺ S❤️PER❤️ ᗰOD ༻
Super Moderator
I love anything with cabbage, especially my Southern, Soul Food Style Fried Cabbage Recipe. It's INCREDIBLY DELICIOUS.

ALL POSTS DINNER MAINS SOUTHERN RECIPES

Southern Fried Cabbage Recipe
friedcabbage-1024x683.jpg
HOW TO COOK SOUTHERN, SOUL FOOD STYLE, FRIED CABBAGE WITH BACON, ONIONS, AND PEPPERS.

Lately I’ve been craving cabbage like crazy. Luckily I have many good cabbage recipes. The last cabbage recipe that I posted was for my southern cabbage with ham hock, which I made in the slow cooker. A lot of my viewers tried and loved that recipe, so I’m back with another southern cabbage recipe(I have so many southern cabbage recipes hunny!). This time around I’m going to show you how to make southern fried cabbage with bacon!
friedcabbage2-683x1024.jpg

This recipe is quite easy, and you only need a couple ingredients to whip up this southern dish. I like to serve my southern fried cabbage with cornbread, and roast chicken. However, you can eat this cabbage alone.

THIS RECIPE IS PART OF A VIRTUAL POTLUCK!
SOME OF THE BEST BLACK FOOD BLOGGERS FROM AROUND THE WEB HAVE COME TOGETHER FOR BLACK HISTORY MONTH. WE’VE CREATED 28 MOUTH WATERING RECIPES FOR YOU TO TRY! PLEASE CHECK OUT MY RECIPE SOUTHERN FRIED CABBAGE, AND BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE OTHER AMAZING BLOGS & RECIPES LISTED BELOW MY RECIPE. HAPPY BLACK HISTORY MONTH!

5 from 5 votes
friedcabbage-150x150.jpg

Print
Southern Fried Cabbage Recipe
Prep Time
15 mins
Cook Time
20 mins
Total Time
35 mins

Easy to follow recipe for southern fried cabbage with bacon, onions, and bell peppers.
Course: Side Dish
Cuisine: Southern
Servings: 8
Author: I Heart Recipes
Ingredients
  • 3 pound head of cabbage sliced & washed
  • 1/2 pound thick cut bacon cut in small pieces
  • 1 red bell pepper diced
  • 1 green bell pepper diced
  • 1 large yellow onion diced
  • 3 cloves garlic minced
  • 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
  • 1 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 tbsp onion powder
  • 1 tbsp garlic powder
  • 1/2 tsp black pepper
Instructions
  1. Toss the bacon into a large pot or pan, then place over medium heat.
  2. Cook the bacon until it's browned, and most of the fat is rendered.
  3. Remove the bacon pieces from the pan/pot, then set to the side.
  4. Toss in the cabbage, peppers, and onions.
  5. NOTE: EVERYTHING WILL NOT FIT INTO THE POT AT FIRST. ONCE IT COOKS, IT WILL SHRINK!
  6. Once the cabbage and other ingredients start to get tender( about 10 minutes) sprinkle in the salt, black pepper, garlic & onion powder and red pepper flakes.
  7. Cook for another 5 minutes or so, then toss in the bacon.
  8. Stir the ingredients, then add everything into your serving dish.
  9. Serve and enjoy!