I have to get the fuck out of NY

TimRock

Don't let me be misunderstood
BGOL Investor
My company is about to move us to the main office in midtown. So i tried to find a daycare closer to where i will be. I contact this place, they send me some info. Im reading thru it. Get to the tuition. $2350 a month for my two year old daughter. On top of that, they want one months tuition for security. So i went to forward the email to my fiance and said "This is some bullshit, this is damn near over $500 a week, fuck them, they dont want black kids in their school, just rich white families". Turns out, i hit reply instead of forward. Bitch replies back saying "sorry i upset you, but our prices are reasonable for NYC." I replied back to her ass and said "reasonable for rich white families." $2350, thats twice my rent, and twice what i pay now for 2 kids.

cli-terminator

Retired ManWhore
BGOL Investor
NY prices are really getting ridiculous for everything. I want out of NYC myself but moving to another location without a job isn't gonna be easy for me right now. I am doing my research though.

HAR125LEM

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I'm looking at moving out of NYC...AGAIN!!!

I was already away for 14 years in The Pacific NorthWest.
I have the chance to do it this time via job transfer.
I really need to get away for a bit.

34real

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Well you NYCer brag about NYC being the greatest place on earth,so what you have to 2300 a month for daycare for a 2yr old,Its NYC baby...its poppin,son.

BRUHA

Star
That's NY for ya. You might be better off getting a nanny or trying to find someone that runs a legit daycare out of their crib. Those might be cheaper options. $2350 is damn near what I pay for my mortgage. That's unbelieveable!!!

cli-terminator

Retired ManWhore
BGOL Investor
What part of the daycare made you feel that they don't want black kids there?
How many middle class families do you know of that can afford to pay that much per month plus mortgage & rent? That's an amount that I can see a person from upper Westchester County & Long Island affording and the majority of those people are white.

Well you NYCer brag about NYC being the greatest place on earth,so what you have to 2300 a month for daycare for a 2yr old,Its NYC baby...its poppin,son.
That sounds like the sentiment of someone who has never been to NYC before or doesn't know much about the lifestyle there. There's a huge difference between the entertainment aspect of NYC & everyday NYC. Everyday NYC is getting more & more ridiculous with the rates people are being charged.

Manbot26

Star
Registered
How many middle class families do you know of that can afford to pay that much per month plus mortgage & rent?

How many black middle class families do I know that can afford to pay that, or how many middle class families?

I agree with him that the price was exorbitant but does he feel they were charging him that price just because he was black? Does he feel they wouldn't have accepted his kids to the school even if he could pay the price because they were black?

Basically is the price because they know they can milk people for the money and it's Ny or are they doing it solely to keep black people out, until some type of evidence is presented I highly doubt it's the second. Don't equate the black race with not being able to afford finer things, or just plain expensive things depending on what's being paid for.

Acur

wannabe star
Registered

A country boy coming back to take cheap shots. :lol:

cli-terminator

Retired ManWhore
BGOL Investor
Move across the Hudson to Jersey and take the train in everyday.

NJ may be cheaper for shopping, gas & transportation but the property tax there is so damn high there its like your bank account is being held for ransom.

doggish_098

Rising Star
Registered
unfortunately those prices seem about right, not only for NYC but for other major cities around the US. Dude you better start looking for a trustworthy little old lady who is looking for something to do.

mint

Potential Star
Registered
HAR125LEM

yo when killswitch drop that song? i been waiting for a new joint from them for a minute. Right now they the hardest shit i listen too.

HAR125LEM

Rising Star
Platinum Member
HAR125LEM

yo when killswitch drop that song? i been waiting for a new joint from them for a minute. Right now they the hardest shit i listen too.

The CD dropped in June.

I woke up to the vid on FUZE at a friend's house a few weeks ago.
Thought it was the tightest shit I heard this year.
I rock it a lot on my MP3 player.

BRUHA

Star
How many middle class families do you know of that can afford to pay that much per month plus mortgage & rent? That's an amount that I can see a person from upper Westchester County & Long Island affording and the majority of those people are white.

Fam, I live on Long Island and my day care is WAY less than that. You just have to search around. There are great daycares run out of houses that will save you a lot of money.

xeon

Star
Registered
Man on the low I did the relocation thing not to long ago. Its cheeper to do business from another city and travel to NYC when I need to. I miss the city, but they rapping brothers out of doe.

cli-terminator

Retired ManWhore
BGOL Investor
How many black middle class families do I know that can afford to pay that, or how many middle class families?

I agree with him that the price was exorbitant but does he feel they were charging him that price just because he was black? Does he feel they wouldn't have accepted his kids to the school even if he could pay the price because they were black?

Basically is the price because they know they can milk people for the money and it's Ny or are they doing it solely to keep black people out, until some type of evidence is presented I highly doubt it's the second. Don't equate the black race with not being able to afford finer things, or just plain expensive things depending on what's being paid for.
I feel what you're saying. I did edit my post slightly to kind of give more insight as to where my view is aimed at. Midtown prices are inflated well higher than prices anywhere else in Manhattan or the surrounding boroughs. From my experience, the main people who are not only able to afford those high prices but are also willing to pay it are the people from the more upscale locations outside of the NYC limits and the greater majority of those people are white.

I don't think the school is opposed to black kids being there but I think the OP is more upset about the high prices that many minority families wouldn't be able to afford. Unless you're in the higher 5 figure & up salary or have tons of investments, it's very difficult to justify spending that much money for day care. You'd be spending more in 3 months for daycare than the cost of tuition you would pay for an academic year in just about all the private school.

Mrbonner

Support BGOL
Registered
NY prices are really getting ridiculous for everything. I want out of NYC myself but moving to another location without a job isn't gonna be easy for me right now. I am doing my research though.

Tru story! I'm Doing the same.

Everything in nyc is gettin outta hand. Even my job as far as ppl nd management goes have been gettin ridiculous.

Normally, Id travel once in a while but no lie for the past 6 months I been traveling at least once a month, just to get away and make it bearable when i come back.

I unno whats goin on, but I want out.

cli-terminator

Retired ManWhore
BGOL Investor
Fam, I live on Long Island and my day care is WAY less than that. You just have to search around. There are great daycares run out of houses that will save you a lot of money.
I meant a person who lives in the richer areas of Long Island spending for their child in a location in midtown.

Entrepronegro

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
where are you gonna go to atlanta it seems that's the place everyone move when they leave ny. niggas leave ny and come down south and still be reppin new york like it''s all that well if it's all that then you wouldn't be leaving.

as for new york prices it's suppose to be high it's new york for crying out loud it's the richest city in the country and the most popular city so the prices are gonna be high.

cli-terminator

Retired ManWhore
BGOL Investor
where are you gonna go to atlanta it seems that's the place everyone move when they leave ny. niggas leave ny and come down south and still be reppin new york like it''s all that well if it's all that then you wouldn't be leaving.

as for new york prices it's suppose to be high it's new york for crying out loud it's the richest city in the country and the most popular city so the prices are gonna be high.
The cost of living doesn't match up proportionately with the salaries here.

fatsack1

Rising Star
Registered
texasstar.JPG

Get the fuck from up there playa and come on down.........:dance:

Fresh air like a muthafucka......:lol:

lexdiamonnyc

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Damn homie.......

I work in midtown too but live in Jersey and my kids daycare is only $260 a week for both of them......

best thing I ever did when I came back home was move to Jersey, I'm 15 minutes from midtown but everything around my way is a whole lot cheaper, less traffic, less people, and I have a nice view of the city :)

BDR

BeatDownRecs
BGOL Investor
My company is about to move us to the main office in midtown. So i tried to find a daycare closer to where i will be. I contact this place, they send me some info. Im reading thru it. Get to the tuition. $2350 a month for my two year old daughter. On top of that, they want one months tuition for security. So i went to forward the email to my fiance and said "This is some bullshit, this is damn near over $500 a week, fuck them, they dont want black kids in their school, just rich white families". Turns out, i hit reply instead of forward. Bitch replies back saying "sorry i upset you, but our prices are reasonable for NYC." I replied back to her ass and said "reasonable for rich white families." $2350, thats twice my rent, and twice what i pay now for 2 kids.

If you didn't know NYC ain't about black and white its about GET YOUR FUCKING BREAD UP or stop bitchin and move simple as that.