"I care/like/love him but my family/friends hate him!"

jucurious

agent of change
BGOL Investor
have you ever been in one of those situations? if so, what did you do?

how much does your friends feelings towards your man matter? (if at all)

how much does your families feelings towards your man matter? (if at all)

Word

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
they see what you cant. Get that one friend or family memeber to write down things that they dont like about him.

Crown&Coke

Star
Registered
Just listen to the right set of friends or family members. Lots of people fuck up a good thing listening to somebody that never had a good relationship. Gotta know who is gonna be honest with you.​

JofromthaNO

Urban Renaissance Woman
BGOL Investor
Usually your friends and family, as another poster above said, can see things that either you are a)choosing to overlook or b) have not noticed about your significant other. I've yet to find a GOOD friend or relative that would lie to me about a person I was dating. Often times, even their "hunches" would be good ones...meaning, if they got a bad feeling about someone, it (unfortunately) turns out to be true.

I like to listen to how friends and family feel about a SO, because they know me well, better than my SO. It may or may not affect what decisions I make in the relationship, however, but it's important to know if potentially, somewhere down the line, your SO may have some problems/issues with a CLOSE relative or friend...

kjxxxx

Star
Registered
Just listen to the right set of friends or family members. Lots of people fuck up a good thing listening to somebody that never had a good relationship. Gotta know who is gonna be honest with you.​

Most correct. It could be that you are the fucked up one too and they just don't think dude is right for you because he may not be able to handle your fucked up ways or it could be that they see that you will not get away with the bullshit you often have with your other men

or

They may see that he is not right for you right now

or

More importantly;
He they don't like him because though what he is telling you is to make you a better person, it takes away from them manipulating your time, mind and money. For instance: You won't be able to run around with them like you used to or he is telling you not to keep giving them money for bullshit or stop that gossiping or getting in their negative chat that's only fucking up your mind and fucking up whatever relationship you have.

If its relatives and friends that have good relationships or that are striving to make the relationships better then those are worth listening. Those that keep talking about men aint shit or keep cussing their man and never edifying him then stay the fuck away from them telling you shit about relationship except how to fuck it up.

Oh I have a little anger with my reply but forgiveth I please.

Machete

Rising Star
Registered
My main girl, didn't like my side chick. I thought she was just hating, turns out the side chick was nuts.