How come no one calls Dwayne "the Rock' Johnson or Vin Diesel on passing??

crossovernegro

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Rock always said right up front that his dad is/was black. Never was shy about it. Vin I think early on played coy about his racial mix, but I think that was more about getting roles than anything else... I think one of his first films was an independent movie called multifacial, dealing with mixed race stuff.

^SpiderMan^

Mackin Arachnid
BGOL Investor
Jeter.jpg

Theo_Huxtable

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Wait, so Hollywood has passed multiple whites into black roles, especially when it involves Egypt but now we're supposed to be mad when they let Black or those mixed with black in "white" roles...? lol No, I'm fine with them making up some ground with using mixed folks. That's almost literally half the battle lol.​

Don 88

Star
Registered
I take issue with The Rock and how he plays both sides of the fence but atleast he is on record as embracing his black heritage and background. Vinn Diesel on the other hand, not so much. I remember very early interviews with him and he explicitly said he didn't want to address the matter or his ethnicity because it was only a distraction. Im talking early interviews post 'Saving Private Ryan' days.

Thank-U sir, I'm glad, i'm not the only one who remembers this shit!!!

VAiz4hustlaz

Proud ADOS and not afraid to step to da mic!
BGOL Investor
It's about marketing a black male masculinity and physicality without using a black man. Hell, even Kratos' character in the video game God of War is voiced by a black actor.

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member
I remember Vin's comments about not wanting to discuss his race, but he has never said anything derogatory about black folx. As far as The Rock goes, he is a wrestling hero. White men see him and want to be him. They aren't going to complain. Even if the studio hadn't taken the steps to make him look more caucasian for the role, they wouldn't have complained.

gdatruth

A Man Apart
Certified Pussy Poster
the Rock doesnt deny his ethiicity, he is just lucky enough to get roles where his race is a non-issue. Imo thats a good thing.

black actors have a long way to guy but its a step in the right direction when actors like the Rock, Will Smith, Denzel, Idris and Vin get casted based on their talent and not because the role was spefically for a black male

Upgrade Dave

Rising Star
Registered
So instead of seeing it as a good sign that a Black man like the Rock is getting roles that normally would go to a White man, we're supposed to shit on him for taking the role because White folks lost it when Elba was cast as Heimdall? White racists are supposed to be our role models now?
Dude never says he's not Black. He's never tried one of those Tiger Woods-"cablanasian" tricks.

Wait, so Hollywood has passed multiple whites into black roles, especially when it involves Egypt but now we're supposed to be mad when they let Black or those mixed with black in "white" roles...? lol No, I'm fine with them making up some ground with using mixed folks. That's almost literally half the battle lol

:lol::yes:

thoughtone

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Dumb ass thread.

This guy look familiar?

Cliff_Curtis.jpg

His name is Cliff Curtis. He an indigenous New Zealander.

He plays a wide variety of roles.

A Mexican in Training Day:

25016-25740.jpg

an Iraqi in Three Kings

Cliff+Curtis+Three+Kings.png

Has anybody said he has denied his ethnicity?