HBO developing "Crushed" new black cast comedy

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
HBO Developing Comedy 'Crushed' From 'Peeples' Director Tina Gordon Chism (Exclusive)

TylerPerry_TinaChism.jpg

Written by Chism, the story follows an African-American family who stumbles into a successful wine business in Napa.

HBO is developing comedy Crushed, from Peeples director Tina Gordon Chism, The Hollywood Reporter has learned exclusively.

The project, which will be penned by Chism and was brought in by Lionsgate TV EP Chris Selak, is about an African-American family who stumbles into a successful wine business in Napa. The fish-out-water story follows the family's unorthodox approach to wine making and their unique life style.

Chism is executive producing along with Stephanie Allain Bray. C. Deneen Brown is co-producing.

Chism made her directorial debut with Tyler Perry's Peeples, starring Craig Robinson and Kerry Washington. Lionsgate released the film, which Chism also wrote, on May 10. She also wrote the script for Drumline and ATL and her new thriller, Inheritance, was recently purchased by Sony. She's repped by WME.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/hbo-developing-comedy-crushed-peeples-622384

:cool::cool::cool:

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
i automatically will fuck with it.

i am happy

and especially happy its a black woman directing and leading the charge too

good info geech

Theo_Huxtable

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Peeples seemed like a decent movie, didn't see it yet but glad to finally see more black folk actually directing and producing.​

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I hope its not some PG rated comedy..........but I can't wait. I've always wondered when we'd see this on HBO. Entourage and How To Make It In America were black sitcoms without black people IMO. :lol:

PDQ21

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Imma pass wheres the negativity

I'm happy our ppl getting another positive show

But me personally I love shows like The Wire, The Corner, Boardwalk Empire, Spartacus, I love fighting n street shit so imma press on this shit

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Imma pass wheres the negativity

I'm happy our ppl getting another positive show

But me personally I love shows like The Wire, The Corner, Boardwalk Empire, Spartacus, I love fighting n street shit so imma press on this shit

nigga you just need a hug..

tumblr_mab2gzhehb1qm339ko1_500.gif

it-s-not-your-fault-o.gif

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Brother Blues

Deceased - Nov. 4, 2015
BGOL Legend
Good...from her resume,she has not done the usual bullshit.

Think I will give Peeples a look-see tonight...ok,tomorrow night....

phanatic

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
why a "comedy"?

You can push the limits of funny on an HBO comedy. I see Tyler Perry attached, so I hope it is not preachy, but I'll check it out anyway. HBO rarely brings on a show he doesn't have faith in, and even if they only run it for two seasons, that means we'll get two seasons of good episodes...and HBO is like a mafia, once you get in, you are in as an hbo actor if you have the acting skills. Wire fans will see a few of the actors appeared in OZ.

Good luck to this show...this makes me want to step up my short film game.