{~~~Guns, Guns and Mo' Guns - The Right To Keep And Bear Arms~~~}

cli-terminator

Retired ManWhore
BGOL Investor
I was just fuckin around with different scopes to see how it looks
All you would need for a shotgun is a red dot. They're excellent for CQB situations and quick target acquisition. Also they mount very low to the shotgun so there'd be no concern over it flying off due to recoil. You can easily use a red dot geared towards a full sized pistol as well one that could be used on a rifle.

A LPVO type of optic really doesn't work for a shotgun platform. LPVOs are great for CQB but aren't good for quick target acquisition like a red dot. On a shotgun quick acquisition is more important and the likelihood of shooting at distances beyond 50yds is very minimal rendering the advantages LPVOs provide as irrelevant.

In addition, I'd advise against buying any optic that doesn't focus on a particular objective. The build and glass quality on them are typically subpar at best, are more prone to losing their zero and have a higher likelihood of failing. Unfortunately they're an example of you get what you pay for and a lot of people who buy them are not familiar enough with firearm optics so they don't know any better. I almost got one as well before being schooled on their shortcomings

Moving Target

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Bruh.. I understand getting used to something different fear of the unknown! Imma say maybe take a class to clear up your fears! It's nothing like being in a class full of people that's just like you and people sharing hands on experiences and thoughts! I think that's important! And on top of that I would never want to have anything locked away when I go to sleep! I keep my shit by the bed one in chamber..I once had that same fear but my cousin help me train to just be more comfortable..
^^^THIS....train until you are more than comfortable with carrying with one in the chamber. i am and have always been a very safe person when it comes to guns. i mean even after i watch you clear a weapon, i will go bakc and verify and stick my lil pinky in that breach like gunny told us to do :) anyway..... i was in AZ and saw a robbery go down at the local strip right before my eyes and it was so fast that when it was done the perps was gone before the guy could pull out and chamber a weapon. my old instructor used to say that you should always be prepared to use your sidearm in a moments notice. you wont have time to chamber a round. it minus as whale be a useless belt buckle......since those 2 experiences....I ALWAYS KEEP ONE IN THE CHAMBER....period. you will never get the chance to chamber a round no matter how fast you are. i even worked with the SF units in AFG....there was this one cat that thought he wild bill hickok...he was good, ill give him that. he could rack the slide of nearly any surface in the office or out...to prove a point. but i told him if you not already ready ....in a gun fght seconds fucking count and 3 minutes can feel like a life time.
when we were on COP Cowboy and the talitubbies hit...it only lasted for 13-15 minutes....but that shit felt like H.O.U.R.S. bc the QRF seemed like they were taking their sweet azz time getting to the COP.....if it was for the apaches being refueled at FOB Frontenac, there might have been a different ending to my story. sp trust and believe that the best advice to obtain a quality firearm and drill with that mofo until you are sure handed with it. dont buy thet sig365 bs bc i still dont trust that shit even after the fix. im sticking with my glock line up. but no matter the pistol, always ensure there is one ready to go bc again...seconds count.

TruDat

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Bruh.. I understand getting used to something different fear of the unknown! Imma say maybe take a class to clear up your fears! It's nothing like being in a class full of people that's just like you and people sharing hands on experiences and thoughts! I think that's important! And on top of that I would never want to have anything locked away when I go to sleep! I keep my shit by the bed one in chamber..I once had that same fear but my cousin help me train to just be more comfortable..

Good point bruh. I have been trained in several courses years ago.
Also from my uncles, brothers and cousins, they educate me.
I usually keep my 9mm or mossberg with one in the chamber.

My concern, is the location of my weapon, where the lil ones
wont access it. My wife and I are careful for anyone having access
to our main room. Thats why i flip and flop on to chamber or not to chamber premise.

My main regret is not buying over 100 acres of land, and designate a
shooting range for my use.
:lol:

TruDat

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Panzer Arms...
Probably the most comfortable 12 guage I have in my collection.
Very little recoil.
DAMMIT MAYNE! Know I want to add a bullpup to my collection
Is your Panzer Arms bullpup 2nd gen?
Sweet lookin weapons, bruh!

mozartte

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
This a good tool to have?

Glock 22
Gen4
.40 S&W

I have a Gen 3 in the Glock 22 and its lil brother Glock 23. The Glock 22 shoots like a smooth cadillac. If you looking at one that is somewhat smaller and feels good to the hands I would get the Glock 23.

Ceenote

Thinkn with My 3rd Eye!
Platinum Member
Good point bruh. I have been trained in several courses years ago.
Also from my uncles, brothers and cousins, they educate me.
I usually keep my 9mm or mossberg with one in the chamber.

My concern, is the location of my weapon, where the lil ones
wont access it. My wife and I are careful for anyone having access
to our main room. Thats why i flip and flop on to chamber or not to chamber premise.

My main regret is not buying over 100 acres of land, and designate a
shooting range for my use.
:lol:

Im not sure how old your lil ones are.. but we teach ours about gun stuff/safety! It was a time my wife left hers on the table and our grandson came and got me!! As young as 5 years old. So sometimes that's good n sometimes that's bad but it hasn't been bad for us and I learned that from some white guy at the gun range..when our 2 year old grand daughter is over I just put stuff away..sometimes I home wear it n sometimes I home stash depends .just my 2 cents...and to me you never want to not tell them or teach them..

TruDat

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Im not sure how old your lil ones are.. but we teach ours about gun stuff/safety! It was a time my wife left hers on the table and our grandson came and got me!! As young as 5 years old. So sometimes that's good n sometimes that's bad but it hasn't been bad for us and I learned that from some white guy at the gun range..when our 2 year old grand daughter is over I just put stuff away..sometimes I home wear it n sometimes I home stash depends .just my 2 cents...and to me you never want to not tell them or teach them..

Exactly. I mean, my lil ones realize I have guns, but they dont know I have guns.
If that makes any sense. :yes:
I have a unique compartment near our headboard, just in case scenerio.

When I was a teen, Family taught me the basics of safety and control of your weapon.
Especially taken it apart and cleaning the weapon.

But that can be another good question for the board.
When is the right time to teach your youngins about the use of weapons.
:puzzled:

Ceenote

Thinkn with My 3rd Eye!
Platinum Member
When is the right time to teach your youngins about the use of weapons
That's a hard question because not all kids learn the same..if u may have a fast learner maybe as early as 5 or 7..average learner probably more like 9 on up.. and just share little stuff. We started ours with an air gun too..(easy to teach safety and everything else with it)

TruDat

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I'm in Cali, Bro... You ain't said nothing.:crying:

Bruh, I understand
My uncle is a retired naval officer in cali
He tells us all time of gun control bullshit

State of Colorado may start banning weapons as well.
THA FUCKK

PsiBorg

We Think, so We'll Know
BGOL Investor
Bruh, I understand
My uncle is a retired naval officer in cali
He tells us all time of gun control bullshit

State of Colorado may start banning weapons as well.
THA FUCKK
I love Cali, but I'm keeping my guns. I'm thinking about moving to Arizona or Nevada.
My businesses are here though. So I'm going to have to maintain a presence here, because there's no reciprocity being a Broker from Cali.

It's just a shitty situation for a 2A advocate. :smh:

TruDat

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
That Canik TT combat looks clean as fukk. :eek:

But I am still looking into getting an Springfield Echelon tho.

cli-terminator

Retired ManWhore
BGOL Investor
That Canik TT combat looks clean as fukk. :eek:

But I am still looking into getting an Springfield Echelon tho.
I have a Canik Rival-S and absolutely love it. Phenomenal trigger and flat shooting as hell.

I had the Echelon for a hot minute but got rid of it when I decided to downsize my arsenal and focus on my EDC more for my pistols.

I now have 2 M&P M2.0 Compacts. 1 as my EDC and the other for range day and training. M&Ps shoot flat out and are reliable as hell. In the span of 2 days, I put over 500rds through my M&P without a single malfunction. All I had to do was oil it.

cli-terminator

Retired ManWhore
BGOL Investor
Went to the range today for some 22lr fun and practice. Last year a few guys from my NAAGA chapter had a rimfire challenge for who can shoot the tightest groups at 50yds, 75yds and 100yds. We're looking to do another round of that this spring. I finally found the ammo my Bergara likes best (SK Long Range Match) so I took her out today. Had to re-zero my scope though cuz prior to today, I had it zeroed for use with CCI Standard Velocity. The bottom shots are when I was re-zeroing at 50yds and the upper targets are once I was dialed in and making minor tweaks. Next time I go back, I'm gonna tighten the 50yd groups and start collecting DOPE data for 75yds and 100yds so I don't have to waste any ammo trying to get on target afterwards whenever I go out to shoot those distances

434398149_10168939111295694_3804022239543851824_n.jpg
434288228_10168939111435694_8199892526383937249_n.jpg

TruDat

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Went to the range today for some 22lr fun and practice. Last year a few guys from my NAAGA chapter had a rimfire challenge for who can shoot the tightest groups at 50yds, 75yds and 100yds. We're looking to do another round of that this spring. I finally found the ammo my Bergara likes best (SK Long Range Match) so I took her out today. Had to re-zero my scope though cuz prior to today, I had it zeroed for use with CCI Standard Velocity. The bottom shots are when I was re-zeroing at 50yds and the upper targets are once I was dialed in and making minor tweaks. Next time I go back, I'm gonna tighten the 50yd groups and start collecting DOPE data for 75yds and 100yds so I don't have to waste any ammo trying to get on target afterwards whenever I go out to shoot those distances

DAMN Bruh your groupings are on point
I cant front, anything over 50 yards is embarrassing for me.
But I dont get on the range as often, no excuses.

PsiBorg

We Think, so We'll Know
BGOL Investor

Good shit, Bro.
Have you tried "Prime Ammunition?" My 22lr (Ruger American Target) loves it. If what I aim at is 100yards or less, it's going down for sure.

Prime Ammo really specializes in .308, 6.5 Creedmore, and 9mm... But I bought a lot of their .22lr a couple of years ago. Solid performer in my book.

cli-terminator

Retired ManWhore
BGOL Investor
DAMN Bruh your groupings are on point
I cant front, anything over 50 yards is embarrassing for me.
But I dont get on the range as often, no excuses.
Thanks. I haven't shot over 100yds with 22lr yet but will definitely be testing it this year. Trying to stay as close to subMOA as possible and definitely trying to win the challenge. It's more about the bragging rights than money for me this go round but I'll definitely be learning the entire time

cli-terminator

Retired ManWhore
BGOL Investor
Good shit, Bro.
Have you tried "Prime Ammunition?" My 22lr (Ruger American Target) loves it. If what I aim at is 100yards or less, it's going down for sure.

Prime Ammo really specializes in .308, 6.5 Creedmore, and 9mm... But I bought a lot of their .22lr a couple of years ago. Solid performer in my book.
I haven't tried their stuff. So far the ammo my rifle likes best for tight groups is Eley Match & SK Long Range Match. I've tried other Match Grade ammo as well as regular plinking stuff like CCI Standard Velocity but the groupings were either inconsistent or just opened up too much for my liking. Might try some subsonic stuff to see how it does since I won't have to worry about the transonic effect that typically kills 22lr accuracy.

cli-terminator

Retired ManWhore
BGOL Investor
After the Rimfire challenge is done, I'm gonna shift my attention back to my new 308 Bergara HMR. I have 4 different factory loads that I'm gonna be testing to see what she likes best and then use it as the template for making my own loads tuned to my barrel for even better and tighter groups. Goal is to create a subMOA load at 100yds and then use that to stretch out past 550yds which is my current max distance that I've shot. That distance was with my 224 Valkyrie rifle.

Z MONSTER

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

LOL I shot at that range many times. My boy had land out there in Holly Springs and we us to shoot in his back yard. This was 25+ years ago before the built all those subdivisions.

PsiBorg

We Think, so We'll Know
BGOL Investor
After the Rimfire challenge is done, I'm gonna shift my attention back to my new 308 Bergara HMR. I have 4 different factory loads that I'm gonna be testing to see what she likes best and then use it as the template for making my own loads tuned to my barrel for even better and tighter groups. Goal is to create a subMOA load at 100yds and then use that to stretch out past 550yds which is my current max distance that I've shot. That distance was with my 224 Valkyrie rifle.
Again, good shit, Bro.

I use certain ammo for target shooting, then I use certain ammo for hunting. I figure most people care about target ammo the most, I can't call it. But I care about my hunting ammo the most, because the beasties out there are real and not imaginary.

I'm not really interested in loading myself, but I have downloaded "recipes" from Ammo Guide just in case I meet someone who does custom loads close to where I am. Most folks here are hush hush about loading... I'm in California.

Right now, I'm in love with my .300WinMag. It's solid, accurate, and proven deadly. I've taken two elk already with it, so no one can sell me on the 6.5 creedmore or anything else. If shit hit the fan, and I can only take one gun with me, it's the .300 WinMag.

cli-terminator

Retired ManWhore
BGOL Investor
Again, good shit, Bro.

I use certain ammo for target shooting, then I use certain ammo for hunting. I figure most people care about target ammo the most, I can't call it. But I care about my hunting ammo the most, because the beasties out there are real and not imaginary.

I'm not really interested in loading myself, but I have downloaded "recipes" from Ammo Guide just in case I meet someone who does custom loads close to where I am. Most folks here are hush hush about loading... I'm in California.

Right now, I'm in love with my .300WinMag. It's solid, accurate, and proven deadly. I've taken two elk already with it, so no one can sell me on the 6.5 creedmore or anything else. If shit hit the fan, and I can only take one gun with me, it's the .300 WinMag.
I feel you. I'm not big on hunting at the moment but precision shooting has been a very fun learning experience. The only rifle I have now that could be used for hunting without having to change my scope mechanics is my Ruger American Ranch chambered in 300Blk. I have a Vortex Diamondback SFP mounted on it. All my other rifles have FFP scopes.

Main reason I got into reloading was cuz of the 224 Valkyrie caliber I have. It's an awesome and zippy caliber but not popular enough to readily find. Plus with me wanting it for precision rifle purposes, a tuned reload will always be more accurate than a factory one.

Then I got my suppressor for my 300Blk so I wanted to be able to enjoy shooting it. 300Blk is kinda expensive but reloading subsonic 300Blk will put me on par with ppl shooting 5.56. And now that I have 308, I can reduce how much I spend shooting with that over spending $40+ for a box of 20rds that won't be as accurate as a load I create.

The initial expense is a big investment but in the long run it pans out. Just gotta have the patience for the process and shoot often enough to make to make it worthwhile.

cli-terminator

Retired ManWhore
BGOL Investor
LOL I shot at that range many times. My boy had land out there in Holly Springs and we us to shoot in his back yard. This was 25+ years ago before the built all those subdivisions.
The Wake County range being free and having distance out to 100yds is so clutch. Allows me to zero my optics as well as test reloads without having to worry about weather variables skewing my results. I might join Woody's in New Hill later this year so I can take advantage of the 550yd rifle range as well as the private pistol bays