Guinness Beer Beef Chuck Roast Recipe

MASTERBAKER

༺ S❤️PER❤️ ᗰOD ༻
Super Moderator
This Guinness Beer Beef Chuck Roast Recipe is braised in a rich sauce with onions and carrots. After baking for 3 hours, it’s tender and ready to serve!
RB1.jpg

Friends, my husband and I are so in awe of our new surroundings. It’s like we’re little kids, only with an adult perspective. Travel, change, new adventures are so important, but you don’t have to go to the other side of the world to experience them.

With this recipe today, Guinness Pot Roast Stew, I think of Ireland (and cooking for St. Patricks Day), a place that is dear to my husband and my hearts, with fond memories of our visit to Dublin a few years back.

RB9.jpg

Back to reality, we find that daily, since we both work from home, it’s important to get out of those same 4 walls we’ve been staring at. We’re not in Dublin (where Paul’s parents immigrated from), even though we hope to visit there again one day, but we’re home here in central Oregon.

We drive to the city, put on our snowshoes, walk down by the river, take a hike to the mountains—places that are unfamiliar to us.

Report this ad

It’s all new, the rhythm and sounds, backdrops of blue and white nature. It does something new to our souls, freshens our spirits, and revives our dreams and goals. We find ourselves praying more, with more quiet in our lives.

The impossibles have a lighter spirit of possible, and this is important.

Paul and I have always been big dreamers. When we stare up into the sky (night skies are fabulous here!), it not only makes us think of our mortality, but it makes us dream big.

The fullness of life, the here and now. The closeness with our kids, our church, and our growing community.

It makes me take a quick breath, and then a sigh. Thank you God, for today!

RB4.jpg

Our family enjoyed this Guinness Pot Roast Stew earlier this week, a simple recipe that only takes a few minutes to prepare.

RB5.jpg

Report this ad

Put in the oven at 300 degrees, and walk away for 3 hours.

guinness-roast-beef-SQ.jpg

A rich sauce, with lovely espresso and Guinness beer, it truly reminds us of the Irish.

A reality for my husband, with his deep roots, served up on our dinner table, talked about, and shared with our kids.

roast-beef-carrots-guinness-SQ.jpg

roast-beef-carrots-guinness-SQ-182x182.jpg
Print Recipe
Yield: 4-6

Prep Time: 15 minutes

Cook Time: 3 hours 15 minutes

Total Time: 3 hours 30 minutes

Bake for 3 hours or until tender. Or, simmer on stove until meat is tender. For crockpot, cook on HI for 3-4 hours. You can substitute the beer with beef broth or non-alcoholic beer.

Ingredients:
  • 2-3 lbs. beef chuck roast
  • Salt and pepper
  • 3 large onions, coarsely chopped
  • 6 large carrots, cut in 1-inch chunks (leave peel on)
  • 4 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
  • 3 large garlic cloves, crushed
  • 1 small can tomato paste, dissolved in 1 1/2 cups of hot water
  • 2 Tbsp. instant coffee (use a good quality)
  • 1-2 tsp. chili red pepper flakes
  • 1 can 14 oz. Guinness beer, about 2 cups
  • Sprigs of basil or thyme
Directions:
Report this ad

1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees. (Or you can also use stove top or crock-pot.)
  2. Heat 2 Tbsp. oil in a wide frying pan over a high heat. Brown the meat on all sides; heavily salt and pepper both sides.
  3. Remove the meat and set aside.
  4. In the same frying pan, heat the remaining oil and sauté the garlic, adding the tomato paste, water, instant coffee, and chili flakes. Mix together (will be thick).
  5. Chop the onions, and place in the bottom of a Dutch oven. Place the cooked piece of meat on top. Spread the paste on top of the meat. Add fresh herbs for additional flavor.
  6. Place the chopped carrots on top of the meat and sauce. Pour the Guinness beer on top.
  7. Cover with the lid of the casserole/Dutch oven and simmer very gently on stove (very low heat) until the meat is tender (toward the end of 3 hours, make sure there is enough liquid). OR bake at 300 degrees for about 3 hours +15 minutes (or until tender). OR cook in the crock pot on HI for 3-4 hours until tender.
  8. Allow to sit for 20 minutes before serving.
More Irish recipes:

St. Patrick’s Day Menu

Irish Pub Salad

Bacon Shredded Pork Tacos + Guinness Floats

PicMonkey-Image-9.jpg