Google Wave (beta) will make BGOL Obsolete very soon........

Jaguar2G

Support BGOL
Registered
This isnt facebook, or myspace...... but the functionality of this will make forrums such as BGOL obsolete.

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
naw, I've been messing with it but its nowhere better than a forum, its cool for friends to communicate and share shit though

Jaguar2G

Support BGOL
Registered
naw, I've been messing with it but its nowhere better than a forum, its cool for friends to communicate and share shit though

yeah out the box its not going to capture the Forrum audience, but I can see its potential.....and with a few tweaks this can take take over all forms of communications....... I give it a year and a half and bet everyone will have this in full use.

Penancestare

Star
Registered

Google Wave is not really a casual tool. This platform clearly shines as a collaborative tool for work environments. After my personal use, it is far more effective when used to conduct business related activities of my board than personal communication.

1900KiLLa

#MoneyTeam
Registered
office2007groove.jpg

Watered down Groove for Regular Niggas Sans the water cooler :dunno:

This will never replace forums, cuz the beauty of forums is you don't need to know everyone in a forum. Anonymity/random people are essential parts of forums.

Google wave is for your friends/acquaintances.

It does have some cool features, though. The group wave is really cool and could be useful especially if they bring this to smartphones. I'm not up on the latest instant messaging services, but do any of them currently offer group messaging????

With group messaging there also needs to be an option to remove yourself from a wave. He didn't cover it there, but that NEEDS to be an option.

The other great feature is the contextual spell check. That's a long time coming and should be available in word processors.

The bad: Well, you can copy a map directly in to a wave, but you can't copy a youtube video? That's weak, it should automatically be embedded.

maddcat

Star
Registered
yeah out the box its not going to capture the Forrum audience, but I can see its potential.....and with a few tweaks this can take take over all forms of communications....... I give it a year and a half and bet everyone will have this in full use.

I'll turn your computer into a better chatline client.....It will be real interesting what mobile apps will work with in a year or so. iphone Driod etc. I really don't see business jumping on the bandwagon so fast....I think this is gonna end up being a social media thing

Liquid2000

Star
Registered
Invites sent.

If they make a mobile app for this for my blackberry storm 2, along with google voice ill be good to go!! :yes:

I got 1 left if anyone wants it. Pm me your email.