Funny But True: Chris Rock Explains The Only Way Black People Can Win in America

Lick

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
<script type="text/javascript" charset="utf-8" src="//cdn.playwire.com/bolt/js/embed.min.js" data-width="600" data-height="380" data-config="http://cdn.playwire.com/v2/17660/config/1102612.json" data-publisher-id="17660" data-video-id="1102612"></script>

Comedian Chris Rock gives a dynamic never-before-heard perspective about Black people who have achieved success in white America.

Yeah!

rph2005

Rising Star
OG Investor
you gotta be twice as good to get half the credit and even the you're viewed as an exception...anything less and you're viewed as a representation of the whole

Always heard this story from my parents, not sure I will use it moving forward as I sometimes feel it as a limiting effect.

I "think" Black people can demand excellence from within, without always setting the plateau of success relative to a group of people that constantly change the rules, everytime we reach the highest level of any field .

I don't want to be anything other Black, and I don't really want to ever devolve into the ill nature that has allowed a oppressive group to dominate the world stage post 1500.

Chris Rock is mostly on point, but sometimes he seeks a comedic view, to lighten the load of the listener, on topics that really require serious attention and less giggling .

In corporate america or in high paying jobs you cannot suck at all. White people suck all the time and get promoted.

I remember that black guy who finally got on at the beer plant as a driver and was so thrilled. The only black person at the entire facility. He was proud of himself. He had landed his dream job. Only a week or two in he got caught "stealing" a case of beers. Did he do it... Fuck yeah he did. They fired him... He came back Locked and Loaded. Postal Rampage style and murked a dozen or so racist crackers and then offed himself, one shot to his own head.
Crackers on the internet had a field day on why they should not hire black people. "Called him ****** this and ****** that" Sounded feasible to be critical (not racist) until you look more closely. Did he take the beer??? YES he stole a case of beer. The reality of it is that ALL the drivers pilfered beers and had been for years... Case loads would be "borrowed" Right out in the open right in front of management by white drivers who bragged about it. Never a word is said. As soon as a black man takes a single beer he gets fired. Shamefully dismissed prosecuted and reminded he is not as good as everyone else and never will be...He probably felt stupid for being proud he landed his dream job. All that hard work and perfect behavior for nothing. His dismissal meant he let his family down. Not only did the white people not care they ruined his chances of ever even driving again, starved his family and laughed at him. I am not saying he should have killed those people, I am saying worst things have happened. they had it coming

BGOL... How would you handle that situation???

all true