Former No Limit Soldier “Mac”, granted parole after serving 20yrs 6/22..... Happy Bday Mac 7/31

spider705

Light skin, non ADOS Lebron hater!
BGOL Investor
Dude was considered a Nas level emcee while on No Limit.... that SHELL SHOCKED album was one of the better albums on the label, and that EMPIRE cut was a shot across the industry nobody answered.... and his verses on the "soldier" song that accompanied every No Limit album never disappointed....

Yeah, him Mia X (the GOAT FEMALE emcee and I'll fight behind that) and C Murder were my favorite No Limit artists... I'm glad he's home

dugington

Rising Star
Registered
Dude was considered a Nas level emcee while on No Limit.... that SHELL SHOCKED album was one of the better albums on the label, and that EMPIRE cut was a shot across the industry nobody answered.... and his verses on the "soldier" song that accompanied every No Limit album never disappointed....
200.gif

ZuluSam

Rising Star
Platinum Member
His life is ruined. What can he do now?

Ain't your boys supposed to hold you down?

LOL...but it is better out than in I bet. Hell he already knows how to live minimally...just needs a routine.....he'll be alright. A friend of mine owned a restaurant and employed his cousin after he got out from doing 20 a 20 year bid.....he was a good employee as long as things went by routine...but anything out of the routine flustered him
Damn, he look like he didn’t age at all.

Had a lil cousin went in at 17 and got out 18 years later...and that is the first thing I said to him and without skipping a beat, the lil nicca said, "Prison preserves you."..... And shit, I started thinking about it......stress kills and ages you....they know what the fuck they are going to do each and every day...period....no wondering about eating, paying bills or shit......

Last edited:

Dr. Truth

GOD to all Women
BGOL Investor
Ain't you boys supposed to hold you down?

LOL...but it is better out than in I bet. Hell he already knows how to live minimally...just needs a routine.....he'll be alright. A friend of mine owned a restaurant and employed his cousin after he got from doing 20.....he was a good employee as long as things went by routing...but anything out of the routine flustered him

Had a lil cousin went in at 17 and got out 18 years later...and that is the first thing I said to him and without skipping a beat, the lil nicca said, "Prison preserves you."..... And shit, I started thinking about it......stress is a kill and ages you....they know what the fuck they are going to do each and every day...period....no wondering about eating, paying bills or shit......
You saying there’s no stress in prison? lol ummmmm

dugington

Rising Star
Registered
So your reaction is par for the course...
Y'all act like y'all have a monopoly on hip hop and what is or isn't
Bro.
YOU used Nas as a metric and then complain that we think we have a monopoly? :lol:How does that reasoning sit within common logic?
I like rappers from everywhere fam.
Again, YOU compared him to someone widely regarded for their lyrical abilities and claimed Soldier Mac was considered on that same level.
By who tho? If you're a fan, then that's fine. But even the staunchest NYC rap haters would pause before putting Mac on Nas' level.

Take your disdain for what you think of NYC out of the equation and find a wide contingent of people who think Mac is anywhere CLOSE to Nas in regard to rapping ability.

This aint about region. It's about skill level.

WattDogs

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Yeah, him Mia X (the GOAT FEMALE emcee and I'll fight behind that) and C Murder were my favorite No Limit artists... I'm glad he's home

MAC was basically the Nas of No Limit. He, Mia X & Fiend are probably the three best lyricists on No Limit ever.

Now, Mia X as a GOAT....she got a claim for it...but it's gonna be hard to beat out Lyte, Latifah & Lauryn...

jagu

Rising Star
Platinum Member
glad he's out.
my brother got out May 6th after serving 20 years. that feeling leaves u at a loss for words.
the first thing my brother wanted to do was go to a fancy restaurant and eat everything that he couldnt in prison....lol
Did you all make it happen for him and how did he like it?

BoxEater

Talking shit and looking at pussy with the fellas
BGOL Investor
He not obligated but if dude reach out to him then I don't see why. Unless he on that C Murder type of time.

CM need to stay his ass where he at.
Percy got BREAD. He could cut this nigga a modest check to get him on his feet after 2 decades the pokey. But of course, no obligation.

sorcererforemost

Rising Star
Registered
Percy got BREAD. He could cut this nigga a modest check to get him on his feet after 2 decades the pokey. But of course, no obligation.
If he wanted to do dude a solid he'd put him onto some work instead of just cutting a check.

It's what I wish Bobby Shmurda folks would've did instead of icing him out with jewelry that becomes less than its value the moment it leaves the shop.

moblack

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
If he wanted to do dude a solid he'd put him onto some work instead of just cutting a check.

It's what I wish Bobby Shmurda folks would've did instead of icing him out with jewelry that becomes less than its value the moment it leaves the shop.

Yep put him to work. Market him to get on some podcasts to get his social media following up.

sorcererforemost

Rising Star
Registered
Yep put him to work. Market him to get on some podcasts to get his social media following up.
This.

I understand Bobby been away and just wants to live life. I think he's been out less than a year now.

But dude has to think about the future. Rowdy not gonna leave him hanging but Bobby is slowly losing the momentum he had and soon everyone will move on from him.

He needs to work on his craft, create and set an example for those younger than him, don't become just another in and out of jail artist.

Many would love to have the support and resource he has.