Ford threatens to cut off electricity and critical minerals to U.S. as trade woes worsen

Bruh, Canada is all bark and no bite.

They have to come to an understanding that their auto sector is null and void.

The only reason that they have an auto sector is to sell to the US.

The Liberals waked away from that deal to make it an election issue because some by-elections are coming up.

The Canadians have 2 choices. Accept a deal or go down in flames.

They eventually will come groveling back.

I'm not exaggerating.
 
Bruh, Canada is all bark and no bite.

They have to come to an understanding that their auto sector is null and void.

The only reason that they have an auto sector is to sell to the US.

The Liberals waked away from that deal to make it an election issue because some by-elections are coming up.

The Canadians have 2 choices. Accept a deal or go down in flames.

They eventually will come groveling back.

I'm not exaggerating.


Yeah, this really helps with negotiations

 
images
 
Bruh, Canada is all bark and no bite.

They have to come to an understanding that their auto sector is null and void.

The only reason that they have an auto sector is to sell to the US.

The Liberals waked away from that deal to make it an election issue because some by-elections are coming up.

The Canadians have 2 choices. Accept a deal or go down in flames.

They eventually will come groveling back.

I'm not exaggerating.

Also Canada now accepts BYD cars. They could in theory use the BYD car haulers to export to other countries.... so its a win for BYD, less deadhead trips and they sell the cars and then Canada gets their cars elsewhere like Africa, Mexico......etc (ignoring right drive/left drive atm)
 
Also Canada now accepts BYD cars. They could in theory use the BYD car haulers to export to other countries.... so its a win for BYD, less deadhead trips and they sell the cars and then Canada gets their cars elsewhere like Africa, Mexico......etc (ignoring right drive/left drive atm)
Not gonna happen

Why would China place a factory in Canada with higher labour cost to make their cars when they can just ship them from China?

That is not what China does like ever.....

Their intentions are to flood markets with low cost items made with low cost labour not grow a different country's economy.

Plus, Canada's population is about the size of California. Canada's market is too tiny to consider.

Like I said in my first comment, auto makers place their factories in Canada to get access to the US market.

No access to the US then no auto makers.
 
Not gonna happen

Why would China place a factory in Canada with higher labour cost to make their cars when they can just ship them from China?

That is not what China does like ever.....

Their intentions are to flood markets with low cost items made with low cost labour not grow a different country's economy.

Plus, Canada's population is about the size of California. Canada's market is too tiny to consider.

Like I said in my first comment, auto makers place their factories in Canada to get access to the US market.

No access to the US then no auto makers.

I never said anything about a factory.

Exactly BYD can ship tons of cars across oceans..... currently that is a one way (deadhead) transaction. If Canada partners with BYD to export their cars part of the journey back...... thats a win for both and a way to cut out the USA.

Right now we have FREE trade with Canada. It makes no sense to tariff them. They'll apply tariffs in return and average CITIZENS will feel that burden. Just because we could do it, doesn't mean we should. The US economy is already in the sewar.... this won't help
 
I never said anything about a factory.

Exactly BYD can ship tons of cars across oceans..... currently that is a one way (deadhead) transaction. If Canada partners with BYD to export their cars part of the journey back...... thats a win for both and a way to cut out the USA.

Right now we have FREE trade with Canada. It makes no sense to tariff them. They'll apply tariffs in return and average CITIZENS will feel that burden. Just because we could do it, doesn't mean we should. The US economy is already in the sewar.... this won't help

It makes sense to tariff them because they are not America and they access our market.

You dont understand.

I am from Michigan and I have been living in Canada for about 20 years.

I grew up watching auto factories getting shuttered and demonlished.

I was pissed when I came to Canada and learned that they were making American cars and selling them to us (Americans).

Mexico would be different....labour costs are lower there so I could understand the economic draw.

But why make cars in Canada with labour cost as high as America to sell to Americans.

The reason is to give Canadians jobs.

Yes, tariff Canada.

There is absolutely no reason why a GM, Ford, or Stellantis vehicle needs to be made outside of America using American level-labour cost and then sold back to Americans.

And stop treating Canada like they are innocent players in this tariff shit.....

They have had tariffs on America and have blocked America completely out of some systems........well before this tariff "war" shit.

Countries look out for their own.....remember that.
 
It makes sense to tariff them because they are not America and they access our market.

You dont understand.

I am from Michigan and I have been living in Canada for about 20 years.

I grew up watching auto factories getting shuttered and demonlished.

I was pissed when I came to Canada and learned that they were making American cars and selling them to us (Americans).

Mexico would be different....labour costs are lower there so I could understand the economic draw.

But why make cars in Canada with labour cost as high as America to sell to Americans.

The reason is to give Canadians jobs.

Yes, tariff Canada.

There is absolutely no reason why a GM, Ford, or Stellantis vehicle needs to be made outside of America using American level-labour cost and then sold back to Americans.

And stop treating Canada like they are innocent players in this tariff shit.....

They have had tariffs on America and have blocked America completely out of some systems........well before this tariff "war" shit.

Countries look out for their own.....remember that.

Canade didn't enact the policies that allowed or even incentivized using Canada labor for American vehicles......

We DID.

So to punish them for something we encouraged our companies to do is foolish. Initiate change to the tax code and trade clauses......

But he can't do that, because it was partly Trump's own tax code and trade clauses!!

What's cheaper than "free?"

They dominate the paper industry..... and with that paper factory fire earlier this year..... our industry is already hobbled.....

So now we unnecessarily inflate the prices of paper products, (because corporations never take a loss when they can pass a buck onto consumers). The corporations keep their profits, consumers pay the price, executives still get bonueses, and when the SCOTUS eventually strikes it down .... the corporations will get to keep the excess money!! This is madness.
 
Back
Top