First Look At Wonder Woman In Batman V Superman......What's the Verdict??????

HAR125LEM

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Who says they messed up Superman? Also, to say he had no regard for the safety of innocent lives means the movie never happen once Zod landed. Sorry, you didn't like it! But, many people, including myself did and the numbers back it up. Guess what else? Guarantee you this will be one of the highest grossing Comic Book movies EVER!! :confused:

You and everyone else in this thread complaining WILL see it. What's that say?

I know...RIGHT??? :lol:

Everyone on this PLANET and their DAMN DOG has been waiting for this.
This is THE Bucket-List film.
The two most iconic characters in comics...TOGETHER!!!

I ain't fuckin' saying shit negative until I see the final product.

And I wish people would stop whining about the approach to Superman that "MAN OF STEEL" took. Fact is when two aliens of that power fight one another, humans are collateral damage. Meaning Superman can't save everybody. And that was a perfect set-up for this future film.

Did anyone complain about "GODZILLA" for Christ Sakes?

As far as most people were concerned "GODZILLA" had way too much human drama.
But with all the cities being slammed in that film, no one said shit about the human toll in that film. They just didn't show much of it.

bronski

Support BGOL
Registered
Looks good that colorful shit wouldnt look right on the big screen.

:)idea: then again i take it back )
3851461-2834659651-capta.jpg

chrislee

Rising Star
Super Moderator
The look is nice and fitting for the big screen but they casted the wrong person. She should have added about 10 pounds of muscle for the role.

ShortyCumStain

Rising Star
OG Investor
It's Ok...

but this is why DC stay losing.
Looks like 300 meets Xena and its depressing and dark
Marvel stuff always looks like a living breathing comic book
Bright dynamic full of energy light color power and wonder.
They need to get a whole new vision.
Everything can't be Nolans dystopian batman meets 300.
What's up w/y'all needing lighthearted, Crayola colored bullshit w/da cheesy one liners & comedic relief???

Mello Mello

Ballz of Adamantium
BGOL Investor
:lol: @ the comments.

I like the look and costume and everything I just hate how they always have to get these rail thin women to play Wonder Woman. It annoys me. Can we just once have a Wonder Woman that fits the aesthetic a character like her is suppose to have instead of catering to white male sexual preference? :smh:

It's Ok...

but this is why DC stay losing.

I hear what you saying I somewhat agree but there are few Marvel movies that I actually like and that cartoonish live action shit gets worn fast and imo takes away from the replay value for me. The Avengers and maybe the X-Men First class and the last one, and the last Thor movie and Captain America are the few that I enjoy. The Marvel cinematography; while it does fit the look of the comic book still comes off kinda corny to me.

I like that DC is trying to find it's own cinematography I wouldn't want it looking like Marvel films but I do think DC should get another look outside of the dystopian Batman films. It could use some happier colors I suppose :dunno: :lol: Though I don't too much mind what they are working with right now until/or if they do find another look.

DC comics might feel dystopian but it has a real worldy feel to it that I like. When I watch the Batman films and the Superman film it puts me in that feeling that I'm watching Michael Mann's Heat again. I like that.

Big Tex

Earth is round..gravity is real
BGOL Investor
What's up w/y'all needing lighthearted, Crayola colored bullshit w/da cheesy one liners & comedic relief???

this

there are few Marvel movies that I actually like and that cartoonish live action shit gets worn fast and imo takes away from the replay value for me.

I like that DC is trying to find it's own cinematography I wouldn't want it looking like Marvel films but I do think DC should get another look outside of the dystopian Batman films. It could use some happier colors I suppose :dunno: :lol: Though I don't too much mind what they are working with right now until/or if they do find another look.

DC comics might feel dystopian but it has a real worldy feel to it that I like. When I watch the Batman films and the Superman film it puts me in that feeling that I'm watching Michael Mann's Heat again. I like that.

and this.

The first Iron Man is the best marvel movie. The Avengers comic wasn't jokey joke either. It's one of the reasons I loved reading the books.

tical

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I heard at the comic con they released a short trailer and muthafuckas went bananas!!!! This movie generating a nice buzz !!!! :eek::yes:

Batman and Superman engaged in an epic staring contest at Comic-Con.

The first footage from the Warner Bros. superhero mashup "Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice" was unmasked Saturday at the pop-culture convention.

"It's a little teaser," director Zack Snyder told a crowd of 6,500 inside the San Diego Convention Center. "It's a teeny little thing."

The panel began with a teaser for the upcoming film, in which we see Ben Affleck’s Batman in an armored suit, standing on a rooftop in the rain. His eyes are glowing a mysterious blue. Batman rips a blanket off of the Bat signal and shines the spotlight into the sky. Just then we see Henry Cavill’s Superman hovering over the Bat signal, his eyes glowing red with rage. The trailer cuts back to Batman, his eyes still glowing a threatening blue, and the two look ready to brawl. The footage cuts to the official logo. They’re definitely setting up a tense showdown between these two heroes, but we wonder: what set them against each other?

That was it.

"I couldn't be happier with the way everything is going," said Snyder, who said he came straight to San Diego from the set of the DC Comics adaptation. "Talent, sets, special effects — It's going amazingly well."

After the teaser, Snyder brought Batman and Superman actors Ben Affleck and Henry Cavill on stage, along with Gal Gadot, who will portray Wonder Woman in the film. On behemoth screens surrounding the audience, an image of Gadot in costume — complete with thigh-high boots and a sword in hand — was broadcast for the first time.

The actors stayed mum during their brief appearance, which drew roars from the crowd inside Hall H, the biggest venue at the San Diego Convention Center.

"Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice," which was first unveiled at last year's Comic-Con, is set for release May 6, 2016.

:dance:

Last edited:

jerrynuevo

Day 1 member
BGOL Investor
When I think AMAZON ...I sure as hell don't envision this skinny broad!

She bulked up? From anorexic to petite?:smh:

NightMare Paint

Not A Horse
BGOL Investor
:lol: @ the comments.

I like the look and costume and everything I just hate how they always have to get these rail thin women to play Wonder Woman. It annoys me. Can we just once have a Wonder Woman that fits the aesthetic a character like her is suppose to have instead of catering to white male sexual preference? :smh:

I hear what you saying I somewhat agree but there are few Marvel movies that I actually like and that cartoonish live action shit gets worn fast and imo takes away from the replay value for me. The Avengers and maybe the X-Men First class and the last one, and the last Thor movie and Captain America are the few that I enjoy. The Marvel cinematography; while it does fit the look of the comic book still comes off kinda corny to me.

Damn near all DC characters are orphans or members of warmongering races, so I like that they are angry all the time :lol:

Chuckles

Support BGOL
Registered
First impression she looks better than I thought she would but this is a static shot, definitely want to see her in action to see if the looks holds up.

Beyond the costume though what's going to still be an issue for me is this chick has very little acting experience, that bit part in F&F was her biggest role and now she's expected to carry such an iconic character.

Mello Mello

Ballz of Adamantium
BGOL Investor
Damn near all DC characters are orphans or members of warmongering races, so I like that they are angry all the time :lol:

:lol: Damn you right. I was just watching flashpoint paradox and Flash was a orphan too. WW was viscous and Aquaman was fucking the world up.

Dystopian cinematography may be the appropriate look for DC.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Who says they messed up Superman? Also, to say he had no regard for the safety of innocent lives means the movie never happen once Zod landed. Sorry, you didn't like it! But, many people, including myself did and the numbers back it up. Guess what else? Guarantee you this will be one of the highest grossing Comic Book movies EVER!!

You and everyone else in this thread complaining WILL see it. What's that say?

Many people saw it paid for it and didn't like it and the final box office numbers and reviews and comments from comic book industry legends bear that out.

But it OK if you like it and its ok for me to disagree.

I saw on cable because everyone I knew told me its was just OK.

and they were right. Not as bad a GL but it was OK.

but DC had already set the bar pretty low.

What I saw in that movie aint Supes to me...he aint gonna destroy acres of land with complete disregard for their safety it was wrong and any fan of Superman will tell you that.

Why didn't he save his father in the tornado?

He's Superman he could have saved him in a BLINK of an eye.

Why did have to KILL Zod?

He could have broken his bones, taken him into space, even BLINDED him with his heat vision etc.

But that isn't what I'm talking about...

the TONE is wrong and you doesn't feel honest to the characters. Superman is too well established. Now don't get me wrong Singer became a SLAVE to Donner and the comics that wasn't good either.

But everything in the upcoming film doesn't have to be some variation of 300 and Suckerpunch with a twist of Watchmen.

Look how Marvel did with Thor 2 and Capt. america 2 and now GG...they allowed them to define their own genre in the comic book universe but still work in unison with each other.

Again I HOPE and I want ALL the movies to be good and actually I think they will be and I got faith in Affleck....

but I'm saying they need to learn from Marvel.

Cause it isnt about ONE movie with them.

And I will hold you to that guarantee.

tical

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Many people saw it paid for it and didn't like it and the final box office numbers and reviews and comments from comic book industry legends bear that out.

But it OK if you like it and its ok for me to disagree.

I saw on cable because everyone I knew told me its was just OK.

and they were right. Not as bad a GL but it was OK.

:sleep::yawn:

In the interim...

Waiting on the FULL Trailer from Comic Con...:yes:

Batman-Leak-Bild.jpg

Oh..I'm ecstatic he's NOT this perfect/mature Superman YET that everyones come to know.

Last edited:

chrislee

Rising Star
Super Moderator
I'm surprised they didn't try one of those MMA or wrestling chicks.

The MMA chick that was in Fast 5 who was the Rock's partner wanted the role. She was damn sure more fitting from a physical stand point than Gadot.

From the teaser unfo that Tical posted it looks that Kryptonite will be blue in the cinematic universe. Can't wait for this to drop.:dance:

NightMare Paint

Not A Horse
BGOL Investor
All you cats saying she looks like Xena, thats like saying homeboy in the new James Brown flick is dancing like Michael Jackson.

nyyyyce

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
It's Ok...

but this is why DC stay losing because...
they don't do anything right besides Batman. the reason why Sony has lost the Spider man series is because they introduced TOO MANY Got dam foes in one movie for either merchandise or poor plot reasons. Now DC does the same damn thing after Spider-man 2 tanked this summer. Marvel stays winning because they realize that without an attachment to the character and a good storyline THERE IS NO REAL SUSTAINABLE UNIVERSE TO BUILD UPON. how the hell is superman AND batman AND wonder woman in the same movie out the gate - with no movie(s) to lead up to the initial interaction - smdh. Am i going to go see it... yup, but I know the formula. Stark, thor, Captain america all have their unique personalities i come to expect when i see them in a movie now. i have no attachment to this new Batman or Wonder woman. I am digging the new superman, but I was looking for his next "solo" movie to delve deeper in to his character but they blew it - again. DC animated movies is where they are king. They have yet to, after seeing the marvel success, figure out how to do this from casting (Ben Afflec) and now this scrawny chic as Wonder Woman!?!? DC has big boy characters but little boy visionaries as executives. :smh::smh::smh:

** amended

nyyyyce

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
When I think AMAZON ...I sure as hell don't envision this skinny broad!

She bulked up? From anorexic to petite?:smh:

its what white america's "perception" of strength and beauty is not what the intended nature of the comic book character is supposed to be.:smh::angry: Hollywood calls the lead chick in the hunger Games "fat" and when she is not acting she actually looks good. There is nothing that makes me Wonder or get excited for with regards to the chick they chose to play this part. zero.

vertigo

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I like, I like.

I don't mind that she's smaller (don't know how tall/heavy Gal Gadot is) but when I see her in costume it makes me think she's a warrior/fighter. As much as I love big titty, super curvy Wonder Woman in the comics, I think a fine ass actress that was super stacked would have trouble moving and fighting with all that tits and ass- so the fact that they didn't cast an actress like that makes me think they will actually have her scrapping.

It kind of reminds me of hearing about brad pitt being cast as Achilles in TROY.

I was thinking "what, that dude?" , but he was a total badass.

Hopefully, WW can have some of that warrior swag in her performance.