• Hawaiian pizza

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Philadelphia pizza

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

kes1111

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
What is the best (or your favorite) regional style of pizza?
da4e601855878ef287f9748c76c2ac64.jpg

Altoona-style is a distinct type of pizza created in the city of Altoona, Pennsylvania by the Altoona Hotel. The definitive characteristics of Altoona-style pizza are a sicilian-style pizza dough, tomato sauce, sliced green bell pepper, salami, topped with american cheese and pizzas cut into squares instead of wedges.

220px-Chez_Panisse_pizza.jpg

California-style is distinguished by the use of non-traditional ingredients, especially varieties of fresh produce. Some typical California-style toppings include Thai-inspired chicken pizza with peanut sauce, bean sprouts, and shaved carrots, taco pizzas, and pizzas with chicken and barbecue sauce as toppings.

250px-Chicago-Style_Stuffed_Pizza_.jpg

Chicago-style is distinguished by a thick moist crust formed up the sides of a deep-dish pan and sauce as the last ingredient, added atop the cheese and toppings. Stuffed versions have two layers of crust with the sauce on top.

215px-Detroit_Style_Pizza_from_Calphalon_Bread_Pans.png

Detroit-style is a square pizza similar to Sicilian-style pizza that has a thick deep-dish crisp crust and toppings such as pepperoni and olives, and is served with the marinara sauce on top. The square shape is the result of an early tradition of using metal trays originally meant to hold small parts in factories.

220px-Hawaiian_pizza_1.jpg

Hawaiian pizza is a type of pizza originating in Canada,[1][2][3][4][5][6] best known for having pineapple and either ham or bacon as toppings.

220px-NYPizzaPie.jpg

New York-style is a Neapolitan-style thin-crust pizza developed in New York City by immigrants from Naples, Italy, where pizza was created.[28] It is traditionally hand-tossed, moderately topped with southern Italian-style marinara sauce, and liberally covered with mozzarella cheese. It is often sold in generously sized, thin, and flexible slices, typically folded in half to eat.

250px-Sally%27s_apizza_half_tomato_half_with_cheese_%2872126%29.jpg

New Haven-style, has a thin crust that varies between chewy and tender (depending on where it is made), baked in coal-fired brick ovens[26] till charred, offset by the sweetness of tomatoes and other toppings. Also known as "apizza" (pronounced as "ah-beetz" in the local dialect), it has tomato sauce and only grated Romano cheese; mozzarella is considered a topping.

images

Philadelphia pizza owes more to Greek pizza—a method of pizza making that emphasizes a thick, chewy crust, sweet sauce and cheese that oftentimes mixes in cheddar alongside mozzarella.

220px-QuadCityPizza.jpg

Quad City-style is an Iowa pizza with a thin dough that incorporates seasoning that is heavy on malt, lending a toasted, nutty flavor. The smooth, thin sauce contains both red chili flakes and ground cayenne, and is more spicy than sweet. It is topped heavily with lean, fennel-flecked Italian sausage that is ground twice and spread in crumbles from edge to edge.

250px-Imos_Hampton_Deluxe-OliveCanadianbacon.JPG

St. Louis-style is a variant of thin-crust pizza popular around St. Louis and southern Illinois notable for its use of distinctive Provel cheese instead of (or, rarely, in addition to) mozzarella. Its crust is thin enough to become very crunchy in the oven, sometimes being compared to a cracker, and toppings are usually sliced instead of diced. Even though round, St. Louis-style pies are always cut into small squares.

01fdb3ea9dae8512c9b423c36bcbd9e1--pizza-pizza-pizza-dough.jpg

Trenton tomato pie or New Jersey tomato pie is a circular thin-crust pizza where the cheese and toppings are placed before the sauce. Named after Trenton, New Jersey.

DragonXJC

I joke and I know things
BGOL Investor
Detroit style is basically a Sicilian/grandma with better edges and it’s pretty damn good. New York still #1 but it’s hard to find an authentic tasting one these days.

phanatic

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I had Regina's pizza when I was in Boston for Pax. That was some dang good pizza.

kuervogold

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Detroit style is basically a Sicilian/grandma with better edges and it’s pretty damn good. New York still #1 but it’s hard to find an authentic tasting one these days.
I usually frequent Nice pizza. Has that old school thin flaky crust. It's on Franklin Ave a few blocks from the Bedstuy Y

DragonXJC

I joke and I know things
BGOL Investor
I usually frequent Nice pizza. Has that old school thin flaky crust. It's on Franklin Ave a few blocks from the Bedstuy Y
Yup Brooklyn and certain parts of Jersey still have authentic NY style pizza joints. It's all about the sauce IMO, back when semi-racist ginnys ran the joints it had a fresh basil/oregano flavor that I immediately recognize. Most places today are ran by Ahki with Mexicans cooking, it's good pizza but it doesn't taste the same. Different ingredients are used to cut cost.

I mean what is ny style? It just look like regular pizza!! Chitown got style!!!!!
It's not about the looks it's all about the flavor. Which Chitown style are you referring to? NY style crust is crispy but still has chew like sourdough, the sauce is cooked for hours with herbs to develop complex flavor and most mom and pop shops make their own mozzarella.

Tavern?
Pizza1.jpg

or Deep dish?

default-hero.jpeg