Ethiopian Airlines makes history with all-female crew trip within Africa

RUDY RAYYY MO

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
And they're all fine as frog hair too

It is yet another remarkable feat for Ethiopian Airlines as it will have its first ever flight operated by women in all roles within Africa. The flight will depart from Addis Ababa to Murtala Muhammed International Airport in Lagos, Nigeria.

Ethiopia Air cabin crew [Photo: Ethiopian Air/Twitter]

On Saturday, December 16, an Ethiopian Airlines flight with an all-female crew will leave from Addis Ababa to Lagos, Nigeria.

The airline stated that the women would fill all the roles in the flight from the pilots to the cabin crew to the operators of the flight ramp and dispatchers.

This is not the first time for such a feat in Africa.

In March this year, Malawi Air had the first ever all-female crew from Blantyre, Malawi, to Dar-es-Salaam in Tanzania. The flight was flown by Malawi’s first female captain, Yolanda Ndala-Kaunda, and her assistant, Lusekelo Mwenifumbo.

In 2015, the Ethiopian Airlines was the first African airline to fly an all-female crew out of Africa.

Read: Ethiopian Airlines operate historic all-women flight

Captain Amsale Gualu flew the all-female crew flight from Addis Ababa to Bangkok. She took that opportunity to show the advantage of women getting equal opportunity in whatever fields they work in.

eth.png

Ethiopian Airlines launches first flight with an all-female crew Photo: Ethiopian Airlines
“This flight shows us that if women get equal opportunities and work hard, I’m sure they can achieve whatever they want in all fields including the aviation industry,” she said.

Gualu is also the first Ethiopian female captain to fly the Bombardier from Addis Ababa to Gondar in 2010.

“This is an ample opportunity to inspire young African female students to believe in their dreams and embark to fill the skill gap for Aviation professionals. Women are the continent’s greatest untapped resources, and hereby fully dedicated to ensuring the increased number of women in decision-making positions on top of key operational areas by consistently grooming and mentoring successor female employees for top managerial, technical and operational positions,” the Airline said in 2015.

With Tigist Kibret as the first officer, Gualu will be flying the Boeing 777.

Read: Ethiopian Airlines wins The Best Airlines in Africa at SKYTRAX

In a statement issued in Lagos, the airline said the flight will leave Addis Ababa, the airline’s operational hub to Murtala Muhammed International Airport (MMIA), Lagos. On board would be select Nigerian journalists.

The Airline is in the process of implementing a 15-year strategic plan, known as Vision 2025. The plan involves the setting up of seven business centres, Ethiopian Domestic and Regional Airline; Ethiopian International Passenger Airline; Ethiopian Cargo; Ethiopian MRO; Ethiopian Aviation Academy; Ethiopian In-flight Catering Services; and Ethiopian Ground Service.

jagu

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Wow. They dragged a 777 from Ethiopia to Nigeria? How wasteful.

Good job by the ladies.

Shadow22

Rising Star
Registered
You are such a fuck nigga

Shut yo pussy ass up. One Ex was Ethiopian. I made fun of my ex and her 5 head having ass sister.

I just saw her the other day and asked what was she getting the little lifeform inside her extended 6 head for Christmas. I told her one day its gonna come out and come find me for talking about its food source/ host. :lol2::roflmao2:

She's the shade of sista i always go for and she is an anchor person. She's cool peoples .

BDR

BeatDownRecs
BGOL Investor
Props...def a good reason to catch a connecting flight from Lagos to Addis ABBA..

Ill Paragraph

Lord of the Perfect Black
BGOL Investor
Peace,

That is their natural hair, you could not be more wrong. It is obvious you never met a woman from Ethiopia, Somalia, Eritrea, Djibouti, or Northern Sudan.

And what kind of man would focus on the hair of all those bad ass women anyway? So many hos on this board, man.

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member
I don't think those are weaves - my Ethiopian friends all have nice, full heads of hair.

It's straightened, yes, but doesn't look like weave.

Men don't know what the hell they are talking about. This one lady on a hair forum had been doing protective styling and hair care challenges for about a year. She finally wore her hair out and her husband got mad, told her to take the weave out of her head...lol...

Black folks are just as brainwashed with low expectations about our capacity for beauty as white folks.

JofromthaNO

Urban Renaissance Woman
BGOL Investor
Men don't know what the hell they are talking about. This one lady on a hair forum had been doing protective styling and hair care challenges for about a year. She finally wore her hair out and her husband got mad, told her to take the weave out of her head...lol...

Black folks are just as brainwashed with low expectations about our capacity for beauty as white folks.

Right?!? I have lil black girls are my school asking me if my hair is real...all.the.time. I know many of us use weaves/hair pieces for fullness, etc. but some of us are also blessed with thick, long hair too...OH, and drinking water, not using chemicals and eating right helps a great deal too lol

Ceenote

Thinkn with My 3rd Eye!
Platinum Member
Im skeeting in every laat one of them!!

But on the note... Dats wutz up

three-fifths

searching for the remaining 143,999
Platinum Member
IF i am wrong, i stand accused.

maybe i have been jaded with seeing all the synthetic hair for the past three decades. lol!
goddamed weaves. :smh:
ummm no dummy, majority of ethiopian and Eritreans have naturally long hair
This is true. I work with an Ethiopian and she has a huge beautiful mane.
That is their natural hair, you could not be more wrong. It is obvious you never met a woman from Ethiopia, Somalia, Eritrea, Djibouti, or Northern Sudan.
I don't think those are weaves - my Ethiopian friends all have nice, full heads of hair.
It's straightened, yes, but doesn't look like weave.
You don't know much about Ethiopia, do you?
i'm a rare breed, but i'll NEVER accept fake anything from any female.
Peace,
And what kind of man would focus on the hair of all those bad ass women anyway? So many hos on this board, man.