ESPN is at it again. Trying to ensure nobody picks up Mike Vick

hart

Star
Registered
This isn't the first time (on here) I've asked us (as black people) to stop playing victim as a people and start accepting responsibility, that I've been called a "self hating" brotha.

Stop protecting the idiot.
If I hate that we as a people have more excuses as to why we're failing instead of taking personal accountability then I'm a certified self hater.

Now can you stop with the he's the victim card?

not protecting him at all ...
the man is in Jail for this shit on a sentence that is above the norm for his charge....

simple as that...

now said man ..when his time is up and his sentence is finished should be allowed to resume his life like any normal american citizen.

that's my argument

but self hating - haters want to keep punishing him after his time for punishment has been completed

that doesnt make sense to me.....

His chance for recidivism on this charge is very low IMO
therefore

let the man move on

wedrinkandscrew

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Fuck them dogs. They have more rights than black people.

1240272437.gif

:eek::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

water

Transparent, tasteless, odorless
OG Investor
This isn't the first time (on here) I've asked us (as black people) to stop playing victim as a people and start accepting responsibility, that I've been called a "self hating" brotha.

Stop protecting the idiot.
If I hate that we as a people have more excuses as to why we're failing instead of taking personal accountability then I'm a certified self hater.

Now can you stop with the he's the victim card?

I don't know how these men remain calm after all these years......:smh::smh::smh:

DNA Clears Man of Rape After 27 Years

By DORIE TURNER,
Posted: 2007-12-12 13:12:53
John Amis, AP

John Jerome White left prison Monday after DNA tests cleared him of raping a 74-year-old woman in 1979.

Another man was arrested in the case.

ATLANTA (Dec. 11) - A man enjoyed freedom Tuesday after a DNA test proved he did not commit a 1979 rape.

John Jerome White, 48, left Macon State Prison on Monday evening.

"I'm just thankful that this is behind me," White said at a news conference Tuesday morning with the Georgia Innocence Project, which had worked to free him.

"When I first started out, I wondered why this happened to me," he said, breaking into tears. "I just saw it as something that had to happen because I wasn't living a moral life."

The investigation led to the arrest Tuesday of James Edward Parham, 54, of Manchester, who was on the state's Sex Offender Registry for a 1985 rape conviction, Georgia Bureau of Investigation spokesman John Bankhead said. He was being held in the Meriwether County jail on charges of rape, aggravated assault, burglary and robbery.

A sheriff's office employee declined to say whether Parham had an attorney, and there was no immediate response from the public defender's office. There was no answer on a telephone listed at the address given for Parham in a GBI news release.

White is the seventh Georgia convict to be cleared by DNA evidence, said Aimee Maxwell, director of the Atlanta-based Georgia Innocence Project. In every case, the men were wrongly convicted on eyewitness accounts.

"This case does point out the fallibility of eyewitness identification," Maxwell said.

White was convicted in 1980 of breaking into a 74-year-old woman's home and raping and robbing her.
The woman has since died.

He was sentenced to life in prison, then was paroled in 1990. White was sent back to prison for 2 1/2 years on a drug violation in 1993. A 1997 robbery charge led to a conviction, a seven-year sentence and a requirement that he return to serving his life sentence for the rape conviction.

At the urging of the Georgia Innocence Project, authorities tested DNA from hairs found at the scene of the 1979 rape, using tests that weren't available at the time.

District Attorney Peter Skandalakis of the Coweta Judicial District said authorities found that the DNA matched DNA on file in the Georgia Bureau of Investigation database, leading to an investigation of a new suspect. No arrests have been made yet, the GBI says.

Maxwell said her organization is working with state lawmakers and authorities to require all law enforcement agencies to develop and follow clearly written procedures for doing an eyewitness identification with a victim, Maxwell said.

The organization says 82 percent of the 355 Georgia law enforcement agencies surveyed do not have any type of written eyewitness standards.

White was joined at the news conference by his wife, three sisters and his mother, Florence White.

"When they called to tell me that he was getting out, I didn't know whether to shout, cry or holler," said his mother, who lives in Meriwether County. "I'm so glad to have him back home one more time before I leave this world."

In North Carolina, meanwhile, charges were dropped Tuesday against a Charlotte man who spent seven years on death row in the killing of a jeweler.

Jonathan Hoffman had been convicted of killing 35-year-old Danny Cook at Cook's Marshville store in 1995, but he won a new trial in 2004.

Union County District Attorney John Snyder said he dismissed charges because two witnesses have died and the prosecution's star witness, Hoffman's cousin, eventually recanted his testimony.

"What you had at the first trial is just not there," Snyder said.

Defense attorney Joseph Cheshire said it wasn't clear when Hoffman would be released.

Hoffman was in disbelief when told about the dropped charges, Cheshire said.

"He just couldn't believe it," Cheshire said. "He was surprised something so dramatic in his life could happen in such a low-key way."

2007-12-12 09:09:41

http://news.aol.com/story/_a/dna-clears-man-of-rape-after-27-years

how do you give somebody back their best years????

:smh::smh::smh:

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

water

Transparent, tasteless, odorless
OG Investor
[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Blinded by the White: Crime, Race and Denial in America[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]By Tim Wise
[/FONT]

[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Imagine if you will the following: The place is a quiet, suburban community. The kind commonly referred to by its residents as a "nice place to live and raise children." It's a community known for civic pride, affluent families, and schools where the students score well above the national average on aptitude tests. It's also 93 percent white.[/FONT]

[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Now imagine that at this community's high school, a handful of black students who say they feel like outcasts begin talking openly about how they hate everyone. They start dressing alike--perhaps wearing the same colors, or leather jackets, or black berets--and referring to themselves as the "dashiki posse."[/FONT]

[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Furthermore, they show off their gun collection in a video, which they produce for a class project. In this video, they act out the murders of dozens of their fellow students and teachers.[/FONT]

[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]In addition to all this, the students are known to operate a website which espouses hatred and violence, and on this website they have been known to post what amounts to hit lists--letting everyone know who they hate most, and intend to kill first. One of the targets of their hatred discovers the list, tells his father, and the two of them inform police of the thinly veiled threat.[/FONT]

[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Let's imagine these black students are fond of a particularly "violent" form of music--say, gangsta' rap--and are known to paint viciously anti-white slogans and symbols on their clothing, and sing the praises of a particular black mass murderer--say, Colin Ferguson.[/FONT]

[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Now, let us answer the following question: How long would it take, based on the above information, for school officials, teachers, and parents to make sure these kids were expelled from school and perhaps prosecuted? How long would it take for their families to be run out of town on a rail? Does anyone believe this scenario would have been met with apathy, cautious indifference, or even amusement?[/FONT]

[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Of course not. But that's exactly what happened in the real world when at this same school, in this same community, two white students from "good families" began dressing alike, saying they hated everyone, calling themselves the "Trenchcoat Mafia," listening to "shock-rock" and the sometimes violent lyrics of white musical artists, showing off their guns and murder fantasies on film, operating a website which praised Hitler and advocated violence, painting swastikas on their clothes, and naming the people they wanted to kill over the Internet. Still seen as "basically normal kids" by their families, friends, and teachers, these two would be ignored. Ignored that is until last week, when they would go on a killing rampage reminiscent of the previous seven that have occurred at schools around the country in the past two years.[/FONT]

[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]No one really thought they'd do anything," said some of their classmates. "We thought it was all talk," said others. Of course. These were white kids, with BMW's, whose families make six figures or more. These are the beautiful people. They never do anything wrong.[/FONT]

[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]We moved from the city to get away from things like this." The statement rings in my ears with a burning familiarity. It's the same thing heard after Paduchah, Pearl, Fayetteville, Jonesboro, Edinboro, Springfield, and now Littleton. Some people never get it. Some people are so caught up in their race and class stereotypes about what "danger" looks like, they still insist "things like this just don't happen here."[/FONT]

[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Oh yeah? Well, where do they happen? I have yet to hear of one black or Latino kid in even one inner-city high school plotting, let alone carrying out mass murder. Just where does an urban-dweller go to build 30 bombs anyway? Where can they sit around sawing off shotguns without someone noticing? Christ, if these kids had been black they would have been followed around the hardware store for so long that they would never have been able to buy any pipes, let alone the other ingredients needed for the kind of explosives Klebold and Harris concocted.[/FONT]

[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]So in light of what's happened, not only in Littleton, but in other "nice, quiet" suburbs all around the country lately, one must ask: just what were these folks trying to get away from in the cities? Must not have been violence. Must have been black and brown people (except, of course, for the handful that can afford to live among them in style), and poor folks generally. How sad. Once again, the racialization of crime and deviance has allowed us to let down our guard to the greatest threats to our safety: not people of color (if we're white), but our own white children, white parents, white neighbors, white husbands, white lovers, and white friends.[/FONT]

[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]We have been so conditioned to see deviant and destructive behavior as a by-product of melanin or "defective" black culture, that commentators can, without any sense of irony continue to remark about how, well, remarkable it is when things like this happen.[/FONT]

[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]It reminds me of something James Baldwin once said about the Holocaust--a much bigger paroxysm of white violence no doubt, but which nonetheless resonates here--"They did not know that they could act that way. But I doubt very much whether black people were astounded."[/FONT]

[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]The white American myth of innocence, decency, morality, and the cowboys who never fired on an "injun" unless it was self-defense, have all been laid bare for those willing to see. That people of color always knew the myths to be bullshit, while the dominant majority refused to listen and look at themselves only makes the situation more tragic. But not a damn bit more shocking. Of course, that the mass killers in the schoolyards have all been white as of late has gone without mention in the media. Oh sure, we hear about the similarities between the Columbine High tragedy and the others--well, at least some of the similarities: all the shooters were boys; all the shooters used guns; all the shooters talked openly about violence; all the shooters played violent video games; all the shooters ate Cheerios at some point in the last ten years--you get the picture. In other words, the racial similarities between all these gun-lovin', trash-talking, dark-clothes wearing, `Doom'-playin,' Cheerios-eatin,' Marilyn Manson-listenin' bundles of testosterone are irrelevant. While we can rest assured these kids would have been "raced" had they come from black "ghetto matriarchs" in the `hood, it seems as though no one can see the most obvious common characteristic among them: namely, their white skin. This, I guess, is what folks mean when they say they're color-blind: they can see color all right, it's white they have a problem with.[/FONT]

[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Typical, typical, typical. White folks go off, killing wholesale like there's a frickin' closeout on semi-automatic ammunition, and we get fifty "explanations" from the so-called experts who are called in by the media to make sense of it all.
[/FONT]

[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]People of color do something horrific or commit random acts of retail violence and the whole world lines up to blame one of three things: their black families (particularly their black single mommas); their black DNA (as in the rantings of The Bell Curve); or their "defective" black culture and inverted value system. Whatever the case, their blackness never, and I mean never, gets overlooked.[/FONT]

[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Gang violence in the cities heats up and we've got U.S. News and World Report running a cover story entitled: "A Shocking Look at Blacks and Crime," and every nighttime news program running stories asking "what's wrong with the black family (as if there's only one); what's wrong with these people in the "ghetto underclass."
[/FONT]

[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]But when Charles Manson, John Wayne Gacy, Ted Bundy, and Jeffrey Dahmer go out and do their thing, no one thinks to ask what it is about white folks that makes them cut babies out of their mothers' wombs, torture young men and bury them under the house, kill two dozen or more women for the hell of it, or consume human flesh. White deviants are afforded the privilege of individualization--"that's just crazy Charlie, ignore him, he's a potted plant"--while those of color get to represent the whole community and become exhibit A in David Duke and Charles Murray's eugenic fantasy. You say 90 percent of modern serial killers have been white? Well, isn't that puzzling. Next question.[/FONT]

[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]You'll never even hear the term "white crime" uttered in polite conversation. White collar crime, maybe; but to suggest that the collar might not be the only thing lacking color, would be dogma non grata in mainstream discussion. "White-on-white violence?" What the hell is that? Never heard of it. Even in the wake of these massacres. Even as white folks are killing other white folks in Kosovo (and still other white folks are bombing them to get them to stop).[/FONT]

[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]The media and politicians have done such a fine job making sure everyone knows who to fear (namely the dark and poor) that we forget how whites are disproportionately likely to engage in all kinds of destructive behavior, from drunk driving, to drug use as teenagers, to animal mutilation, to fratricide, to cutting corners on occupational safety standards and pollution control, which then result in the deaths of twice as many people as are murdered each year.[/FONT]

[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]We forget that when it comes to violent crime, whites are four times more likely to be victimized by another white person than by a person of color, and that only sixteen-thousandths of 1 percent of the white community will be killed by a black person in a given year.[/FONT]

[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]It all leads one to wonder: how many of the white families with kids at Columbine would have moved away, or at least taken their kids out of the school if, say, 50 or 100 black families had moved in and enrolled their children there? If other suburban communities and other white folks are any indication, the answer is quite a few. Study after study for 25 years has found that whites begin to leave an area and disenroll their kids from the local schools when the community becomes as little as 8 percent black. As the numbers get higher, the slow trickle becomes a mass exodus. Why? Well, to get away from crime, of course. I'm pretty sure this is the textbook definition of irony.[/FONT]

[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Even more hilarious is the tendency to act as if young white people were ever innocent, upstanding citizens compared to the rest of the country. Even as far back as 1966, a national survey of 15 to 17 -year-old whites found that "virtually all" had committed numerous criminal offenses, from breaking and entering, to minor property destruction, to armed robbery.[/FONT]

[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]I've decided that's why all those shows like "Leave it To Beaver," "Father Knows Best," and "The Brady Bunch" were so popular: not because many people actually lived like that, but because they didn't, and could escape into this unreal fantasy life via the television. After all, why watch a program that looks just like your daily routine? That would be boring. So just as with westerns that allowed (mostly white) kids to fantasize about a more exciting life, these wholesome family programs allowed (and still allow in syndication) mostly white viewers to ignore the dysfunction which is really all around them, and always has been, long before the first black kid set foot in their schools, and long before the "Godless" humanists bounced prayer from homeroom.[/FONT]

[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Unfortunately, I have no doubt this kind of thing will happen again. In fact, had it not been for a few folks informing on plots they knew about, we would already have added a Milwaukee suburb to the list of white teen angst killing fields, and a week after Columbine would have gotten a look at what kind of explosives Caucasians in Texas are capable of putting together. And still, according to my morning paper, less than half of all teens and their parents (mostly white if modern survey techniques are any guide) think their schools are at risk for this kind of violence.[/FONT]

[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Yeah, well, just keep telling yourself that. Keep watching "COPS" and "Real Stories of the Highway Patrol," and "America's Most Wanted," where most of the bad guys fit the more comfortable profile to which we've grown accustomed. I can hear the dialogue now: "Why look at how menacing the large Negro is honey! My, oh, my, we sure are glad we moved out here to Pleasantville. Me, my lovely wife, and our son. Speaking of whom, honey, where is Waldo anyway? I don't think I've seen him all week. Is he on that computer of his again? That scamp. Such a hard worker. Oh, and honey, what was that sawing sound coming from the garage last night?"[/FONT]

[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Tim Wise is the Director of the newly formed Association for White Anti-Racist Education (AWARE), in Nashville, Tennessee.
[/FONT]

Link:
http://www.zmag.org/ZMag/articles/wise.htm

:cool::cool::cool:

TrueGrave

Potential Star
Registered
Fuck (overrated) Vick.
He did his time but who should give a flying fuck what the media does to his ignorant ass.

He bankrolled a fucking illegal dog fighting ring (WHILE MAKING MILLIONS in the NFL) and I'm supposed to look at his situation as if "the man" is holding him down/back?

GTFOH! He's the true definition of a nigga. Fuck'em & the people that are lobbying he's the victim rhetoric.

You really think he bankrolled a dog fighting ring? :lol::lol:
He gave two shits about that so called kennel. So his cousins took advantage of him.

But he did give money to the house ao I guess its the same:rolleyes::rolleyes:.

His Fam. had drug charges so they gave up Vick- its that simple.

If anybody remembers Joey Porters Miami house on the Madden Challenge.
His 2nd/third house had a Pitbull factory too- with houses and treadmills. He could easily fall into the same shit too, because he lets his fam. live and run that house too. And he gives them money too.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

jasonblacc

Rising Star
Registered
You really think he bankrolled a dog fighting ring? :lol::lol:
He gave two shits about that so called kennel. So his cousins took advantage of him.

But he did give money to the house ao I guess its the same:rolleyes::rolleyes:.

His Fam. had drug charges so they gave up Vick- its that simple.

If anybody remembers Joey Porters Miami house on the Madden Challenge.
His 2nd/third house had a Pitbull factory too- with houses and treadmills. He could easily fall into the same shit too, because he lets his fam. live and run that house too. And he gives them money too.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Exactly, he got took advantage of plain and simple. Most of the people that told on him had priors so feds put pressure of them on to tell on Vick.

jms

Star
BGOL Investor
the realest shit ever wrote in this thread..............

/

real talk. I wonder what would've happened to Lenard Little if the crime he did occured now?

Kill a black dog, go to jail. Kill a black kid, go home.
:smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::angry::angry:

Last edited:

kdogg3270

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
there was hardly any coverage on his ass... thats my point..........
not mad at ESPN for covering the Vick Story .. thats their job

just tired of them and their unequal treatment of the black Athlete
Vick
Bonds
and many others....

the Vick story is way old and for them to be running a special about his dogs at this point in time is just ridiculous

at some point a person who has made a mistake should be allowed to move on

let Vick move on

i aint even reading any other posts after this one....END THREAD...

but to think my dumbass used to order cable for access to ESPN, among other channels. never again. My eyes have been opened permanently.

Brother Blues

Deceased - Nov. 4, 2015
BGOL Legend
The only thing ESPN,white people,the world loves more than building these guys up is watching them fall.

They will give you it all...but become the focus of their animus,and you are fucked.

Even his worst critics must admit,his punishment has far exceeded his crime.

mrob562lb

wannabe star
Registered
Vick will come back to the NFL and play for the Raiders. Al Davis will sign him to the minimum contract; 23 months. :D

Rick Ronson

Banned
Well many black players respected the NFL by not doing some stupid ass
shit like dog fighting and are still playing.

Many more will be drafted.

Cant play the race card on this one.

Dude is a fuck up.:smh:

He's free to do whatever he wants without the NFL looking over his shoulder.:rolleyes:

I would beam a D cell battery at that mothafuckas face close range personally.

Then bark like a dog.

tian

Star
Registered
When I first brought my eldest son to go and play football, there were two kids who's fathers were dogfighters.

When I used to go to his games, I met other people who were dogfighters. And they were all connected.

In other words, dogfighting was HUGE down here. And that was 5 years ago. And some got caught, paid fines, and even went to prison. For about 6 months.

His punishment was because he was Mike Vick- a successful black man with cornrows that their kids wanted to be like.

That being said, Mike Vick will STILL play football in the NFL. Not this year, though. Or not in the beginning of the year. But folks are playing with that Wildcat offense. That was made for Mike's abilities- fast speed and the ability to throw it 40+ yards while running full speed.

Blunt

Rising Star
Registered
In other words, dogfighting was HUGE down here. And that was 5 years ago. And some got caught, paid fines, and even went to prison. For about 6 months.

His punishment was because he was Mike Vick- a successful black man with cornrows that their kids wanted to be like.

He didn't go to jail for being a dogfighter. When are his ballwashing stooges gonna get that through their heads??

tian

Star
Registered
He didn't go to jail for being a dogfighter. When are his ballwashing stooges gonna get that through their heads??

Simp,

Who said that Vick went to jail for dogfighting?

He went to jail for financing the dogfighting operation.

Think first before you talk next time, Blunt. (Why am I even talking to you, anyway? You are like a cartoon character on this bitch.:smh:)

lickem_phattongue

Star
Registered
did vick kill a PERSON while driving drunk? (see dante stallworth and Leonard little)

did vick rape a PERSON? ( see chamura)

did vick LIE under oath to congressional congress? (see roger clemens)

did vick gamble on games he played in? (see pete rose)

some people see vick as a criminal.. i see vick as a person who now has a scalett letter on him...
i think he can and will make better decisions... EVERYONE deserves a 2nd chance...

Blunt

Rising Star
Registered
Simp,

Who said that Vick went to jail for dogfighting?

He went to jail for financing the dogfighting operation.

No, he went to jail for financing an illegal GAMBLING operation that CROSSED STATE LINES (and just happened to involve dogfighting).

The issue is illegal GAMBLING and RACKETEERING, not PETA and dogfghting. We already know that anyone who engages in this brutal shit is a vile and vicious caveman, but that's not what his BIG problem was. it was the level of his ORGANIZED OPERATION. Plenty of NFL assholes have dogfighting fetishes, but they don't run these types of stupid, racketeering enterprises.

Stop defending these uncivilized scumbags who take pleasure in (and profit from) inflicting pain on simpleminded animals. It's pathetic.

WhoaIsMe

Star
Registered
Hol on what crime did he do?? Because all I know is his bitch ass family snitched on him.:smh::angry::angry::smh:

He was dumb for not looking into/or caring about what was going on in the house. But dont make it seems like dude was eating dogs every morning.:smh::smh:

This is real talk

where's the evidence people? The facts? All Vick did was own the house and get ratted out. Shit is disgusting

and they give child predators less time AND it has less publicity than this shit. Fuck the media