Super Moderator
EMT lied about being slashed by thugs on Christmas: police
By Gina Daidone

December 29, 2016 | 12:24am | Updated

Modal Trigger
Steven Sampson Angel Chevrestt
SEE ALSO

EMT slashed by thugs who stole his presents
An FDNY emergency medical technician who claimed to have been attacked by a gang of thugs and robbed on Christmas actually concocted the whole elaborate story, cops said Wednesday.

Steven Sampson, 41, was charged with making a false statement and falsely reporting an incident for claiming that he was held up by four delinquents in the Bronx, according to police.

The tattooed father of two allegedly fabricated a harrowing account of being assaulted while off duty, on his way to a holiday party.

Sampson claimed to have stopped his car on Bolton and Randall avenues just after midnight when he heard someone shout, “Hey, cracker!”

The 9/11 veteran went on to detail a heroic battle, stating that he put one hoodlum in an arm bar and punched another as the other two grabbed Christmas presents out of his car.

The missing gifts allegedly total almost $3,000, including liquor, toys, electronics and other items intended for his family.

1225ffmugging05che.jpg

A close-up of Sampson’s injuriesAngel Chevrestt
Sampson ultimately drove himself to Jacobi Medical Center, where he received seven stitches for a puncture to his right arm.

But cops say they canvassed the area during the course of their investigation and could not confirm Sampson’s story.

The EMT was arrested after officials say his story fell apart.

“He gave so many different accounts of what happened, he’s no longer credible,” police sources said.

However, “he was definitely stabbed,” according to sources, but it is unclear how he got that injury.

EMT slashed by thugs who stole his presents
By Tina Moore, Reuven Fenton and Rebecca Rosenberg

December 25, 2016 | 3:43pm | Updated

Modal Trigger
Firefighter Steven Sampson needed seven stitches to close the stab wound. Angel Chevrestt
An FDNY Emergency Medical Technician was slashed and robbed of nearly $3,000 in Christmas gifts — including a drone for his 6-year-old daughter — as he headed to a holiday party early this morning.

Steven Sampson, 41, who was off-duty, pulled over his car at a Bronx intersection just after midnight to sort out his gifts on his way to the Christmas party to meet his cousins.

He was leaning over the trunk of the car at Bolton and Randall Avenues, setting aside the gifts intended for his cousins when he heard, “Hey, Cracker!”

The burly EMT, who’s a 9/11 veteran, turned around and saw four menacing thugs, and one of them reached for his phone.

I caught him in an arm bar and he was like, ‘Please, sir, please, sir, let me go!’ but I knew I had him,” said Sampson, who could play Vin Diesel’s double. “I smashed him in the elbow and felt his humerus crack.”

He delivered a round house punch on the next guy who dropped to the pavement. “I caught [him] in the jaw,” said Sampson, who’s a black belt in judo martial arts.

in-art-countdown-icon-128x128x3s.gif

–– ADVERTISEMENT ––
opt-out-icon2.png

in-art-soundanimation-icon-41x48.gif

Meanwhile, he saw the other two goons run off with his $2,600 in gifts. He hurried to his Dodge Charger, locked the doors and sped off.

That’s when he noticed blood gushing from his arm and that he’d been stabbed. “I started leaking all over the car,” he said.

Sampson, of Bronx Battalion 19, drove himself to Jacobi Medical Center.

“I was hemorrhaging in the hospital. My shirt was a soaked rag,” he said.

He didn’t tell his wife, Michell. “I didn’t want to freak her out,” said Sampson, of Clason Point, Bronx. “I just told her, “Hey, hun, I’m gonna be a little late.’”

Sampson got nine stitches as a group of cops surrounded his bed. “I was a big deal last night,” he said. “Every cop was in there. The [Bronx] borough chief was like, ‘What is he f—king Superman?’”

The thieves made off with liquor, toys, electronics, a parrot drone for his 6-year-old daughter, and iTunes and Ulta Beauty gift cards for his 16-year-old daughter.

But he’d already bought other gifts for them, so they weren’t too disappointed, he said. “We are a tight family,” he added.

As for the thieves, he had a message for them: “You have to be real low to try to rob somebody on Christmas. Get a f—king job! They’re going to find you. Karma’s a bitch.”

MASTERBAKER

༺ S❤️PER❤️ ᗰOD ༻
Super Moderator
New York Post
5 hrs ·
An FDNY EMT who claimed to have been attacked by a gang of thugs and robbed on Christmas allegedly concocted the whole elaborate story.

EMT lied about being slashed by thugs on Christmas: police
The tattooed father of two allegedly fabricated a harrowing account of being assaulted while off-duty, on his way to a holiday party.
nypost.com
229 Comments
374 Shares
803 803
Top Comments
Comment
Comments
15027611_1500727879953789_3782644826729332432_n.jpg

Write a comment...

Marvin Coles
Maybe the pressure from the smedium tucked in sweater had him light headed and he dreamt it after passing out!
Like · Reply · 31 · 5 hrs

Wesley Walker

Like · Reply · 1 · 4 hrs

Kelly Ann
1f602.png
1f602.png

Like · Reply · 1 · 4 hrs

Tony Yammine
Lolol
Like · Reply · 1 · 3 hrs

Indigo Mcleod

Like · Reply · 1 · 3 hrs

Write a reply...

Christopher Romaine
You lie about a racial issue for means of protecting yourself from something you did that was wrong, you go to jail. You cost taxpayers money from police investigations and take resources away from solving REAL crimes? White, Black or Purple. You are an idiot . You do not pass GO. Go directly to jail!! Imbecile!!
Unlike · Reply · 21 · 4 hrs

James Azik
He utilized what he knew would work.
Like · Reply · 3 · 4 hrs

Christopher Romaine
And he should be just like anyone else, held accountable for it. Stupid to ever incite. It happens in all races and ethical backgrounds. Need to know they can't just make up a story and get away with it. Fine$$ isn't good enough. Spent Thousands in resources on this false report. Horrible.
Like · Reply · 2 · 3 hrs · Edited

Write a reply...

Edward Schnepf
I knew it.... The story made zero sense. He beat up two guys.... one of the guys said, please sir, let me go????? U doubt many robbers would've been that polite. Seriously... Then as he beat up two men, and he was stabbed..... Lastly, wouldn't they approach him with the knife already out to rob him..... Sounds like a drug deal gone wrong to me!
Like · Reply · 8 · 3 hrs · Edited
2 Replies · 2 hrs

Raymond Perez
As Judge Judy says "If it doesn't make sense it's not true" who the hell stops in the middle of the street at night to adjust packages? He was probably hoping maybe someone would set up a Go fund me page and make lots of money from it. Also I just noticed the tee shirt he is wearing how ironic Lol.
Like · Reply · 26 · 5 hrs · Edited
1 Reply

Felipe Alvarez
Just like the Muslim girl and countless haoxes about trump supporter assaults. Smh
Like · Reply · 26 · 5 hrs
9 Replies · 3 hrs

Keith Lockwood
I said from the beginning that his story didn't seem right. Who in their right mind would while driving would decided to just pull over at an intersection just to organize the thousands of dollars worth of gifts that they bought ???
Like · Reply · 1 · 1 hr

Brick Mizer
Sampson claimed to have stopped his car on Bolton and Randall avenues just after midnight when he heard someone shout, “Hey, cracker!”
1f440.png
1f633.png

Like · Reply · 2 · 3 hrs

Lisa Velez
It amazes how people create their own stories from what they read...
1f602.png
1f602.png
it literally states he STOPPED HIS CAR...nowhere in the article does it state he was standing on the corner walking down the street, sorting out presents, he just stopped his car...so from what I read he heard someone talking crap for out of his car and fought..or someone came up to his car and jacked him...then drive off..WHICH WOULD MAKE MORE SENSE but nobody stabs you in the arm...that's ridiculous... Not up that high up anyway..if he was defending it would be on the forearms..smh! So it looks like he stabbed himself..
Like · Reply · 1 hr · Edited

Laureen Motto Gallo
Shocker... his story didn't add up. Maybe he couldn't purchase the gifts he said were stolen so he had to make up a story. Get a life...
Like · Reply · 12 · 5 hrs

Krista Philipps
Ok ok ok folks.. Lets just let the good Qualified people on The Jerry Springer show be the judge of this one mkk? Yall act like you have experience with this kinda cray. lol
Like · Reply · 1 · 5 hrs
4 Replies · 52 mins

Louise Woyce Jaffe
This happened to a friend of my ex-husband's many years ago in Los Angeles. His wife found him in the shower in their home nearly bleeding to death. He said it wasn't anything serious, that he had just slipped and fell on a broken glass, LOL. He thought maybe a shower would help. He was in the hospital for two weeks and of course the story came out - apparently he and his hooker could not agree upon a fair fee, hahahaha.
Like · Reply · 1 · 30 mins

Dewayne Ysrael
Im not surprised, people dont do their due dilligence and as far as im concerned i think most of the news publications systems dont have a bit of honor nor respect. Its a shame how they lie and intentionally misguide the people.
Like · Reply · 6 · 5 hrs
1 Reply

Stan Celmer
I knew it! I knew it, I knew it, I knew it!! I saw him interviewed and something sure didn't seem right as he told his story. The look on his face. Completely unbelievable. Jerk.
Like · Reply · 1 · 3 hrs

Ricardo Mickle
Some people will do anything for 15 mins of fame/ attention.
This guy had so much people going off in their feelings.
Smh.
Like · Reply · 2 · 3 hrs

David William Rose
Did anybody actually believe it happened? Not me, I'm not surprised one bit! I'd be willing to bet that he lost the $3000 paycheck gambling. He had to stab himself to try and give some kind of credibility to his crummy story..smh
Like · Reply · 44 mins · Edited

Helen Cappas
Don't understand how people have big?? To come up with a story, and than few wks . Later come out saying it wasn't so, i just made up.
How F-----.stupid do you feel. And.what do they get out of it .
Idiots!
Like · Reply · 5 · 5 hrs

Thomas Phillips
I can only imagine how many black men are behind bars doing years because of people like this telling lies.
Like · Reply · 5 · 2 hrs

Lukasz Scotcheck
"Hey cracker!" gave it away. What kind of thug says "hey"? Nobody would suspect a thing if he claimed that those thugs shouted "Yo cracker!"
Like · Reply · 3 · 3 hrs

Sina Jake
AS I SAID....B*LLSHIT STORY....This is what happens when visit prostitutes on Xmas and try and not pay them .
Like · Reply · 5 · 3 hrs · Edited

Patricia Celinko
Bahahhaa!! I knew this story smelled fishy!! He prolly gave all the gifts to his drug dealer as payment for more Crack lmaoo!!!
Like · Reply · 1 · 2 hrs

Shenequa Edwards
I knew it. What a douche. Better hope when he really does need help ppl believe him. Dummy.
Like · Reply · 10 · 5 hrs

Jack Dunham
And he's wearing a shirt with a word that describes him perfectly..
1f921.png

Like · Reply · 2 · 2 hrs · Edited

trstar

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
ain't nobody attacking that big mofo. Too many easy targets out here.

another case of "america's finest".