ELVIS PRESLEY - IT'S NOW OR NEVER (1960)

MASTERBAKER

༺ S❤️PER❤️ ᗰOD ༻
Super Moderator

ELVIS PRESLEY - IT'S NOW OR NEVER (1960)
On this date in 1958, Elvis Presley joined the U.S. Army (serial number 53310761) (March 24th 1958).
The video here is a British Pathe report on Elvis joining the U.S. army in 1958 and then leaving two years later in March 1960. I've upscaled and colourised the original black and white film.
The best-selling single by Presley (20 million copies), and one of the best-selling singles of all time, this Elvis classic borrows the chord progression as well as the melody from the Italian song "O Sole Mio," which was first recorded by Giuseppe Anselmi in 1907. Mario Lanza popularized the song, and Tony Martin released the first English translation as "There's No Tomorrow" in 1949.
In the late 1950s, while stationed in Germany with the U.S. Army, Presley heard Martin's recording.
This was one of seventeen songs written by songwriter and producer Aaron Schroeder for Elvis. Others include "Stuck on You" and "A Big Hunk O' Love" but this was the biggest hit that he penned for The King. Another familiar tune to many that he wrote was the theme song for the TV series Scooby-Doo, Where Are You!
Schroeder also discovered, managed and directed the career of Gene Pitney and helped the young careers of acts like Jimi Hendrix and Barry White.
-----------------------------------------
Hello, and a warm welcome to COLOURING THE PAST.
Running the page is a one-man operation. I write and research the articles, and edit the videos which involves several hours of work - upscaling, colourising and tweaking in various software.
If you could see fit to make a small donation then it would help me to keep the page running.
Thank you and best wishes, Paul
1f642.png

Just visit one of the links to donate (all secure connections):