ELECTRIC CARS: So You Want An EV Huh? LMAO!!!!

DC_Dude

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
We’re lucky cause we’ve had it in place for years here like you said so finding an empty one isn’t a big deal. I do find I have to drive considerable amounts in other states just to find a good and empty supercharger tho.
Yeah you right.

I will say since I’m in Charlotte now for the past few months there a lot of charging stations on the side of town where people with money live.

Even now most new build homes over folks a package where they will install it themselves if you want to pay for it.

But you are right, DC ain’t got those problems.

I was at Tysons Corner Mall a few months ago and they had rows of charging stations in the parking garage. I was like damn. Usually you only see a few but it was multiple.

guyver

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Man c'mon...

You don't see lines like this at no damn gas station. Nothing even close.

This ain't 1976 :smh:
That's not true. It's rare but it happens. I don't remember the details but I want to say this happened in the DMV in the last two or three years.

I've also seen this at Costco where they have cheaper gas than the surrounding gas stations. I don't live near that Costco anymore, but it wasn't unusual for it to be packed.

Deezz

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
That's not true. It's rare but it happens. I don't remember the details but I want to say this happened in the DMV in the last two or three years.

I've also seen this at Costco where they have cheaper gas than the surrounding gas stations. I don't live near that Costco anymore, but it wasn't unusual for it to be packed.
Actually you are right about the Costco thing. I've seen a few lines at Sams before too.

The difference is, there are other options if you want to pay few cents more.

Those EV drivers are sitting there because they have no other viable option close by.

guyver

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Actually you are right about the Costco thing. I've seen a few lines at Sams before too.

Those EV drivers are sitting there because they have no other viable option close by.
I can't prove or disprove their reasons for sitting there like that, but it's kind of unusual. Maybe I feel this way because I live in the DMV so I couldn't imagine another station not being within 15 to 20 miles. Like someone else mentioned, you don't see any Tesla's in the video. I guess this could further explain this. The other charging networks aren't as large as Tesla's.

I still don't believe they have to be at that station just thinking about the mindset of the average EV driver. You wouldn't wait until night to charge and you wouldn't leave your house without enough to get you home. It's hard for me to believe all of these cars were out of state drivers. I also admit it's not impossible especially depending on where you are located or traveling.

Deezz

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I can't prove or disprove their reasons for sitting there like that, but it's kind of unusual. Maybe I feel this way because I live in the DMV so I couldn't imagine another station not being within 15 to 20 miles. Like someone else mentioned, you don't see any Tesla's in the video. I guess this could further explain this. The other charging networks aren't as large as Tesla's.

I still don't believe they have to be at that station just thinking about the mindset of the average EV driver. You wouldn't wait until night to charge and you wouldn't leave your house without enough to get you home. It's hard for me to believe all of these cars were out of state drivers. I also admit it's not impossible especially depending on where you are located or traveling.
They could also be renters in apartments with no charging an must get a charge to get to work.

Probably thought by going so late at night, no one would be there, but errrybody showed the fuck up!!

Goingmark40

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
i get it. i want an electric car but the infrastructure isn't ready yet and is gonna take 5 to 10 years to catch up. people and cars are everywhere so any city is gonna be packed. even when i do get one best believe we keeping a few gas cars for long trips. its just too many different variables for a trip to be worrying about your car running out of power and you far away from home.

Deezz

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
If you riding VOLT...and living in apartments...they neeed to rethink life..brah
Just out of curiosity, I checked on Youtube for vids about folks that live in an apartment or don't have a way to charge at home and there are a ton of vids!!
If you don't have a home charger, charging your car seems like it would consume your thoughts all the time! :smh:

killagram

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Just out of curiosity, I checked on Youtube for vids about folks that live in an apartment or don't have a way to charge at home and there are a ton of vids!!
If you don't have a home charger, charging your car seems like it would consume your thoughts all the time! :smh:

They can always ride around with a gas generator...brah

guyver

Rising Star
Platinum Member

I lived in an apartment for a a few years when I first got a Tesla. Its really not that big of a deal. At least it wasn't for me. Generally, I'd charge while grocery shopping or working out. On average, you could have enough of a charge for a day's trip in 15 to 20 minutes. Normally, I charged for an hour to reduce charging throughout the week, so at best I charged once or twice a week depending on what was happening.

I think that's one of the key things that people miss. You don't need to fully charge and it usually doesn't take much time to get 50 to 100 miles. I have a 2018, so newer models probably get to 50 to 100 miles in even less time now.

That would just leave locations near you. For me, I considered that before I got the Tesla. I was five minutes away from a supercharger. I would hope anyone who goes that route lives near a station or maybe their job at least has a L1 charger. I never used it but my job at the time also had chargers on the lot. Again, this was in 2018 when there were even less stations. Like most things, it just becomes a routine and depending on your location you don't really need to stick strictly to it.

RUDY RAYYY MO

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor

Costco lines are avoidable, just have to go at the right time pumps open at 6 and 7 am. And Hybrids do exist

Sloboogie

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
what model/make ev you have? Pros/cons??

If you could do it all over again would you buy the same one

or a different ev and why?

I know of a dude who spent thirty thousand on a USED Tesla,

he made all his money back, in three weeks, delivering food and

medical supplies in long island.
I have a Model S. I'd do it over again, but I'm waiting on updated findings on Solid Slate Battery tech,

CPT Callamity

Titty Feelin Villain
BGOL Investor
Exactly why ford said fuck that shit...yall fucking with my money! So they are pushing more toward hybrid! First and foremost ford has many fleet vehicles and being that our infrastructure is not able to handle the sure volume, hybrid will be thing for now ..

They should have required a phasing into hybrid technology first and then go all electric. It would give the tech time to develop. The all or nothing approach is going to cost more in the long run.

Pworld297

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Probably better off buying a hybrid right now. Eventually the infrastructure will get better. 10, 15 years from now, those charge stations will be everywhere, EV's are inevitable.. Buy stock now.. Lol

Ryokurin

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
This is more a problem with non Tesla vehicles. There's literally 24 superchargers within a 10 minute drive of my house vs around maybe 6 of J1772s. That's probably the main reason why almost every car company are changing over to Tesla's design. Either way, it's early days and the bigger hill to climb is modifications for home charging.

michigantoga

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
EV's aren't anywhere close to being ready...

The government has botched this one with the slow rollout of infrastructure.

Jobs aren't even secure yet, the car manufacturers can't produce many either other than Tesla..

That torque will make you pedal happy as well, so that MPGe is down the drain....

The tech is cool, but most are too costly for their segments..

The miles for the Blazer RS is as advertised & if driven smartly, you can get 300+ miles off a full charge..

Politic Negro

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
She's gonna be rich

a1rimrocka

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Deezz

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
@Deezz

That's awfully ambitious! I think 2045 might be more realistic.

Deezz

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Canadian man ran over something in his $55k 2022 Hyundai Ioniq 5 which impacted the battery cover (not the battery itself). Hyundai said the battery would have to be replaced and quoted $60k!!

dont-need-you-angry.gif

D24OHA

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Canadian man ran over something in his $55k 2022 Hyundai Ioniq 5 which impacted the battery cover (not the battery itself). Hyundai said the battery would have to be replaced and quoted $60k!!

See they know who to fuck with

$62k to replace the battery pack and I only paid $56k for the whole damn car?!!!

Aye and NO ONE EVEN LOOKED AT THE BATTERY PACK?!!

Yo that's cool, just rape me on insurance for the next 10 years.....

Man I'd be calling out corporate, the dealership and the insurance company! Yall better figure this shit out!! That is some bullshit!!