Drake Pays Homage To Toronto Rappers & Hip Hop In The City AT OVO Fest

Entrepronegro

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Why hasn’t he dedicated a tour to his play cousin? Dude was a Canadian navy vet does drake not care about Canadian troops and his play cousin?.. entreprenegro what’s up with that?
Dude you sound corny as hell we fam he don’t have to dedicate nothing to me. I just got off the phone with cuz we had a good convo.

Tdot_firestarta

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Good Times growing up in T-Dot

Bruh....that speech he made touched on everything and brought back so many memories.
I remember staying up listening to mastermind and project bounce at night...Phoenix nightclub on Sunday nights...the thousands of people on Yonge street Caribana Friday and Saturday night...car shows....the ass....Step offs between the Que dogs and Nupes...motorcycles, random celebrity sightings. Big Apples world and his Hummer riding around the city...the "Renaissance" group with Drake, Melanie Fiona and Voyce performing at supper clubs, Melyssa ford bartending at Industry nightclub before the videos, The Grimey Yonge and Dundas flea market and peep shows etc. before it got the Disney time square treatment. All the Toronto Rappers on that Posse track Northern Touch, Universal urban music setting up shop and handing out big ass budgets to everybody to film videos and movies here in the early 2000's...In Too deep, Honey, Exit wounds etc. My Aunt showing up to our house with The Kitted up Toyota Camry blasting Maestro fresh wes's first album..watching all the performances on XTendamix with Master T and later Namugenyi Kiwanuka and her green eyes.

Shout out to the Screwface capital.....Much love to Drake for Paying Homage to the Pioneers that paved the way for him

Last edited:

wwetv100

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
The Underground tapes was a Classic...."money or love' , "play dis', etc. ...."Hate runs deep" one of my all time favorite tracks

Loved that Infinite and Jully black track

Ghetto Concept "much love" was my shit too

Jully Black is real legend for Jane and Finch which imo has the grimiest artists ever for the city. The new to the old. It was funny when her block's rappers Smugglaz was beefing with Kardi, but she was on Black Jays songs lol.

Tdot_firestarta

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Jully Black is real legend for Jane and Finch which imo has the grimiest artists ever for the city. The new to the old. It was funny when her block's rappers Smugglaz was beefing with Kardi, but she was on Black Jays songs lol.

Yeah man...5x Love, Rallying are still bangers....and shes' had classic guest appearances...

She's always cool peoples ....always down to earth and never changed. I remember my wife and I were invited to some black tie/fundraiser Gala at the AGO back in the day. Jully black was there as master of ceremonies for a private dinner room full of old crusty WASPY white people, Old money Rosedale, Upper Forest Hill types. She was in there speaking in BUURE patois and slang like she was on the block. wife and i were fucking dying...

Last edited:

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Jully Black was a contestant earlier this season on The Amazing Race Canada. I was telling my brother he should watch as one of the eps featured his small town. He would probably recognize some of the bystanders in the background watching the contestants, lol.