Does work ethic apply equally across jobs/professions/objectives?

Costanza

Rising Star
Registered
I’ve seen this said a lot and I think I disagree.



Asked Kawhi Leonard about where he developed his famous work ethic from, and he gave a really insightful answer. Compared it to any job in life, whether it's being producer, basketball player, or a construction worker.

"I was just being wise about it. With any craft, if it's being a producer, a rapper, or a basketball player, tennis player, they always talk about the work and the consistency. They go from all the greats in any genre or any aspect of a craftsmanship, it's always about work. Like I said, listening to music, studying different craftsmanships, from basketball and just overall anything. Somebody being a construction worker, building houses, it's always about the extra work and the extra hours you put in. That's what I took into my craft and wanted to be the best, one of the best to play, and that's what it is."
 
Depending on the situation it can be about who you know.. you could get a job or position you don’t necessarily deserve because family, friend, somebody you know… the best worker isn’t always being paid their worth or in a proper position they deserve.. the reality of life, the fairytale they still try to sell.. in the real world nepotism , hookups, racism, favoritism exist
 
Back
Top