Does anyone care about lil wayne anymore?

A to Dah K

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
if birdman sandusky was to rip up his contract today. Has music passed wayne By?

I personally feel its a wrap for him

JimJones

Rising Star
Registered
I'm no lil Wayne fan by a long shot but the shit birdman did and is doing to him is akin to killing an artist in their prime. The silence from the hiphop community and lil Wayne peers is deafening. Every hiphop magazine and blogger should have been running weekly articles accompanied by a clock keeping track of the time that has passsed since lil Wayne has been unable to make music. If an athlete was at the height of their career like Wayne was when this shit popped off every sports writer in the world would be covering it if it was about his management or a team not allowing him to leave as was the case for Barry sanders.

ak_rep

Rising Star
Registered
There's a bunch of Lil Waynes running around the industry. I think he's done as far as major projects. But who knows really? Still has a cult following.

I never cared for the guy's music, but I can mess with him in dosses. So Paid verse is dope. Seems like Baby got him in a cobra clutch situation.

Dirtylakerie

Rising Star
Platinum Member
That mothafucka is done. The only thing that might generate any interest. Might be tha carter V. But too much time has past. For casual fans to give a fuck. I enjoyed a few tracks here and there from the so called "best rapper alive". Mostly songs from tha carter 3 and 4.

THE DRIZZY

Ally of The Great Ancestors
OG Investor
Too many younger mop head clones out here.

The worst thing IMO he did was getting all them ugly ass tats especially on his face. He type -cast himself when he did that shit. What could he transition towards with them tacky tats?

D-TOWN REP

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Man all these young rappers coming on the scene now grew up on the new little Wayne that Carter 3 and on Wayne don't get it twisted

A lot of that 25 and under crowd think he is one of the greats

I think his mainstream career is over mostly cuz his whole situation killed his drive but he could still have a following

djpolo

Rising Star
Platinum Member
There's a bunch of Lil Waynes running around the industry. I think he's done as far as major projects. But who knows really? Still has a cult following.

I never cared for the guy's music, but I can mess with him in dosses. So Paid verse is dope. Seems like Baby got him in a cobra clutch situation.

Me either dog, but him and Em kill in this song. Its really the only thing I listen to from him and its a collab. My brother tells me he has very powerful lyrics in his songs so Ive been trying to listen to some of them over the last couple months.

Bitches try to kick while I'm down I break ya leg, put the dick in they mouth so I guess its fuck what they say. :lol:

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Me either dog, but him and Em kill in this song. Its really the only thing I listen to from him and its a collab. My brother tells me he has very powerful lyrics in his songs so Ive been trying to listen to some of them over the last couple months.

Bitches try to kick while I'm down I break ya leg, put the dick in they mouth so I guess its fuck what they say. :lol:

Wayne spazzed out here

34real

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
His Peak has come and gone but what he could do is re-start a brand and try to follow in Jay,50,Dre,puff's foot steps on products,items or a certain lifestyle and maybe make more money

World B Free

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I think he starting veering off with that Rock Album, peeps were perplexed. His fans were like....experiment creatively privately.

twillz1

The Voice of Reason
BGOL Investor

Never heard that track before. Shit is FIRE, especially Mather's verse. Sample flip is tight, as well. Could've done without MM's singing, tho. Also would've liked to hear Wayne try a faster flow along the lines of what MM did as his verse progressed. Good drop.

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
y'all are clueless

Wayne doesn't need nor should he cater to the fans of xxxtancion or chance

his core fans are more than enough for him to sell new music do interesting projects outside of music and do arena tours

Wayne is a superstar -
hypothetically if he partners with RockNation Atlantic or Interscope :itsawrap:

I've been listening to him and Cash Money since the late 90's, I hope he releases music but I don't really care. He's been talking about "Carter 5" it seems like for five years.

I've listened to a couple of his mixtapes in the last few years and only one stood out.

Am I clueless?

Silencer

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Never cared about him. But he's had a good run...I was in my 20s when that wack mother fucker 1st came out and now I'm in my 40s and he's been "relevant" to a lot of people in all those years.

djpolo

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Never heard that track before. Shit is FIRE, especially Mather's verse. Sample flip is tight, as well. Could've done without MM's singing, tho. Also would've liked to hear Wayne try a faster flow along the lines of what MM did as his verse progressed. Good drop.

Man Em went so damn hard. Just when I thought he was done he comes back harder. Glad u found an old new track bra, hell my stank ass just found it a couple months ago :lol: