Discussion: Marvel Black Widow drops in Theaters & Disney + (Fonzi Approved) UPDATE: Scarlett Johansson & Disney PEACE Settlement!

Darkness's

" Jackie Reinhart is a lady.."
Registered
nah, this was a little teensy weensy bit better than:
Iron Man 3
Captain America The First Avenger
Ant-Man 2
Thor 1 and 2
Spiderman Far From Home
No it isnt. Not better than spiderman or the 1st avenger because those aren't bad movies it's on bar with all the other bad movies you named.and to be honest I'd rather watch iron man 3 than thus disjointed crap.

Darkness's

" Jackie Reinhart is a lady.."
Registered
Whoever wrote this movie played way to many video games because that airplane escapein the beginning wad rippex off from gta v and that red room ship crash falling sequence was done in zoo many games like saints row the thi4d, metroid prime 3..

HAR125LEM

Rising Star
Platinum Member
For a MARVEL film,
It was just uneventful and too generic to Me.
And for a character that MARVEL almost a decade sexualizing and not taken overly seriously,
We're supposed to respect the character...NOW?
It was practically a reverse of what happened with Wonder Woman's character between here two films.

And in these ten years, we've had a slew of Female Super-Spy/Action Protagonists, etc movies
So MARVEL was just way too late to the game for Black Widow.
To the point that it just carbon-copied those various films.

But Florence Pugh was HILARIOUS and the BEST thing about "BLACK WIDOW".
Her attitude/personality reminded me of a number of Russian Chicks I've rolled with.
And I've almost "forgiven" Pugh for her character in "MIDSOMMAR".
I hated that Whiny Bitch she played so much after watching that film,
I couldn't get Pugh out of character for a long-ASS time.
No matter what else she was in.

joneblaze

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
"Some of the action sequences and fight scenes are sharply done.There are a couple of scenes toward the end of the film that were great and I wondered how more effective they would have been if BW got a film earlier in the MCU timeline."

Which ones? And elaborate on the problems.
The stand out was the serum that cured the widows once it was attained by the villain why didnt he destroy it.Hey i will put it in this cool see thru fridge for everyone to see.

why did Alexei never escape? He is a super soldier

how could Mason get this stuff for BW without alerting any authorities looking for her?

durham

Rising Star
Platinum Member
5/10. Yelena kept losing her accent lol. This should have come out after civil war. The bulk of the movie should have been dark, showing her growing up and getting groomed into the widow. Wasted great back story. The action scenes were rip offs of other movies. The avalanche, sliding down the roof, exhaust pillars and escalators:smh:, been there done that. Melina was the best actress to me. Taskmaster being broken and needing a suit to be put back together was a straight rip from other movies, shit was wack.

What happened to the disk with all the Widow data on it?

And you mean to tell me Scarlett would have never explained her feelings for Hawkeye, in the years after Civil War and Infinity War, to her sister? Going after Hawkeye is dumb.

Valentina has showed up twice now at the end of Falcon and now this. Okay what comic is she in, can someone explain where they are taking her story? And how in the hell did her supplier get the Agents of Shield Plane :cmonson:

TENT

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I wanted to love this movie but honestly. It was wack. On the bottom along with Captain Marvel.
Damn shame because Black Widow was the highlight whenever she was on screen.
I blame the director and the writer. Bullshit movie with someone who doesn't have the chops to deal with Marvel.
I know Marvel loves to save money with directors but DAMN.
This was almost as bad as WW84.

Fucking HATE Russian women.

VAiz4hustlaz

Proud ADOS and not afraid to step to da mic!
BGOL Investor
I wanted to love this movie but honestly. It was wack. On the bottom along with Captain Marvel.
Damn shame because Black Widow was the highlight whenever she was on screen.
I blame the director and the writer. Bullshit movie with someone who doesn't have the chops to deal with Marvel.
I know Marvel loves to save money with directors but DAMN.

Fucking HATE Russian women.

FOH!!
This is the chick who just curved Kanye!! :giggle:

darth frosty

Dark Lord of the Sith
BGOL Investor

giphy.gif

tenor.gif

OGC.cae75f0f046fcf2ccbc39fb72093acf0

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
So these girls who were raised from birth to be Russian agents needed to be brainwashed? And all it takes to remove the mind control is a little sniff of some red dust that works within seconds?

durham

Rising Star
Platinum Member
So these girls who were raised from birth to be Russian agents needed to be brainwashed? And all it takes to remove the mind control is a little sniff of some red dust that works within seconds?

Or how about breaking one's nose to severe your olfactory nerve:giggle::giggle::giggle:, and then your so tough you just force your broken nose back into place and keep fighting :cmonson:

TENT

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Right. How about you walk away from dude so you don’t smell him and shoot him with a sniper rifle?
Or how about breaking one's nose to severe your olfactory nerve:giggle::giggle::giggle:, and then your so tough you just force your broken nose back into place and keep fighting :cmonson:

TENT

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Right but at the beginning the black girl got hit with the red stuff but STILL killed herself. Smh. Marvel fucked up.

Deezz

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I enjoyed this movie. Very solid and I was entertained.

Gratuitous shots of Scarlett's ass throughout. Decent story and action. The new little short chick seemed cool enough ( Scarlett's sis )

I would have liked to have seen more of the Pussy Bandits, umm, I mean Black Widows.

tpotda

Rising Star
Registered
liked Yelena a lot, didn't like the way they did taskmaster tho. would love a 3some with scar jo and florence pugh

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
'Black Widow' writer confirms there was a Robert Downey Jr. cameo in earlier script

But did Natasha Romanoff really need help from the boys?
By Andrea Towers
July 15, 2021 at 11:58 AM EDT

ADVERTISEMENT
SaveFBTweetMore

00:10
00:30

After more than a decade of saving the world with the Avengers and a very long delay thanks to COVID, Black Widow has finally descended upon theaters (and on Disney+ with premiere access). The film not only gave the audience a chance to see Scarlett Johansson's Natasha Romanoff in action again, but also finally shed some light on the mysterious and ledger-filled past of the beloved superspy.
Given that the movie was set after the events of Captain America: Civil War and well before the character's death in Avengers: Endgame, fans were excited about the possibility of a cameo from other Avengers — namely, Robert Downey Jr.'s Tony Stark. While that didn't end up happening, writer Eric Pearson confirmed that cameo was originally planned for an earlier iteration of the film.

"I do remember now that one version of the script, prior to me, literally had written into it the end moment of Civil War with Tony and Natasha," Pearson told Comicbook.com's Phase Zero podcast, referring to the scene after the big airport battle when Tony tells Natasha, "I'm not the one who needs to watch their back."
Scarlett Johansson as Black Widow/Natasha Romanoff in 'Black Widow'

| CREDIT: JAY MAIDMENT/MARVEL STUDIOS
Pearson went on to explain that since the footage wouldn't have offered anything new, the team ultimately thought it wasn't worth including. "That's the only time I saw Tony Stark's name in it, and it was just kind of a flag-planted reminder — like, 'Hey, we're right at the end of Civil War,'" he said.
Instead of a Tony Stark cameo, Black Widow chose to remind audiences of its place in the MCU in another way: by showing William Hurt's Thaddeus Ross coming after Natasha for violating the Sokovia Accords.
Director Cate Shortland has also discussed her stance on having other Avengers pop up in the film, telling Total Film that Marvel head honcho Kevin Feige agreed on the decision to leave them out.

"Initially, there was discussions about everything, about all of the different characters," said Shortland. "What we decided was, and I think Kevin was really great, he said, 'She doesn't need the boys.' We didn't want it to feel like she needs the support. We want her to stand alone. And she does."
While dropping some familiar faces into Black Widow would've been rewarding fan service, in the end, the choice not to have any Avengers — even Natasha's Strike Team: Delta partner Clint Barton (Jeremy Renner) — in the film turned out to be the right one. After years spent waiting in the wings, Natasha Romanoff didn't need an assist from the guys. It was time for her to prove her mettle on her own.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster