Denise "Vanity" Matthews has Died

DV8ed

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
http://www.tmz.com/2016/02/15/vanity-dies-singer-nasty-girl/

Vanity Prince Protege Dies at 57

21 minutes ago BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE
Vanity, lead singer of the '80s girl group Vanity 6, has died after years of battling kidney failure and, more recently, an abdominal illness.

Vanity, whose real name was Denise Katrina Matthews, passed away in a Fremont, CA hospital on Monday ... according to sources close to her family. A few months ago she set up a GoFundMe page, and said she'd been diagnosed with sclerosing encapsulating peritonitis -- an inflammation of the small intestines.

She also battled crack addiction in the '90s, and after a 1994 OD her kidneys were shot. She had to undergo nearly daily dialysis treatments.

Vanity's biggest hit came in 1982 with "Nasty Girl" ... a song produced by Prince. The group toured with Prince on his 1999 tour, but she quit right after that. She went on to sign a solo record deal with Motown, and starred in movies like "The Last Dragon" and "Action Jackson."

She eventually ditched Hollywood, quit drugs and became a born-again Christian in the mid '90s. She remained active in her local church up until her death. We're told she was in church on Saturday evening and told the congregation she was "ready to go home."

Vanity was 57.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2016/02/15/vanity-dies-singer-nasty-girl/#ixzz40HvvTk8z

Last edited:

LSN

Phat booty lover.
BGOL Investor
wow...just seen it on hammer's twitter page...don't know how to embed...RIP :(

*edit*

it's on TMZ front page too

SmoothD

Smooth*****
BGOL Investor
Damn :smh:
My first love in high school :yes:

330619311782.jpg

UNSEEN

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Noooooooo.my first crush ever..I remember her in the last dragon and action Jackson..she was so fine...man rest in peace Vanity!!!:crying:

keone

WORLD WAR K aka Sensei ALMONDZ
International Member

Home
Prince Protege Vanity Dies at 57
Vanity Prince Protege Dies at 57

21 minutes ago BY TMZ STAFF

EXCLUSIVE
Vanity, lead singer of the '80s girl group Vanity 6, has died after years of battling kidney failure and, more recently, an abdominal illness.

Vanity, whose real name was Denise Katrina Matthews, passed away in a Fremont, CA hospital on Monday ... according to sources close to her family. A few months ago she set up a GoFundMe page, and said she'd been diagnosed with sclerosing encapsulating peritonitis -- an inflammation of the small intestines.

She also battled crack addiction in the '90s, and after a 1994 OD her kidneys were shot. She had to undergo nearly daily dialysis treatments.

Vanity's biggest hit came in 1982 with "Nasty Girl" ... a song produced by Prince. The group toured with Prince on his 1999 tour, but she quit right after that. She went on to sign a solo record deal with Motown, and starred in movies like "The Last Dragon" and "Action Jackson."

She eventually ditched Hollywood, quit drugs and became a born-again Christian in the mid '90s. She remained active in her local church up until her death. We're told she was in church on Saturday evening and told the congregation she was "ready to go home."

Vanity was 57.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
giphy.gif

You remember back in the day as kids you would say that was YOUR GIRL?

while watching Soul Train, Video Music Box, and Hot Traxx

My Dad would hear me say that about Vanity and said

boy you better hold on tight...

cause I'm gonna take her as soon as you go to bed.

One of my biggest first crushes ever.

Lost a little bit of innocence today.

I will miss her

Rest In Peace.

slam

aka * My Name Is Not $lam *
Super Moderator
and yeah...def sticky this one...

a lot of icons dead this yr already...& we not even thru feb yet...