Deep Fried Cornish Game Hens Recipe

MASTERBAKER

༺ S❤️PER❤️ ᗰOD ༻
Super Moderator
Deep Fried Cornish Game Hens Recipe
My Southern Style Deep Fried Cornish Game Hens are INCREDIBLE!! Perfect for holidays or big family suppers.

DEEP FRIED CORNISH GAME HENS
10/23/16
These deep fried cornish game hens are cooked up southern style.
Crispy Southern Style Deep Fried Cornish Game Hens!

During the holidays, I usually make a huge feast. I’m talking greens, yams, potato salad, turkey, ham.. The WORKS! I don’t hold anything back! Many of my family members love to come by, and grab a plate or two, so I make sure to have plenty of food available. This year, I’m taking it easy( well, almost…). Instead of making a huge turkey, and gigantic ham. Instead I’ll be making cornish hens!
These deep fried cornish game hens are crisp to perfection and pair well with any side dish.

MY LATEST VIDEOS
Southern Baked Macaroni & Cheese Casserole BLOG

Volume 0%

Now don’t get all bent out of shape y’all! I won’t be making your every day seasoned and baked cornish game hens. I will be making my southern style deep fried cornish hens recipe this holiday season!
To get started, I simply brine the hens in a simple salt & sugar water mixture.. You know, just like I use for my crispy old fashioned chicken wings. The sugar & salt water brine works like a buttermilk brine, however it’s cheaper, and in my opinion- BETTER! For best results, DO NOT skip the brining step!

These deep fried cornish game hens are perfect for your holiday menu this season.

Once the hens are brined, I rub them down with ground freshly ground herbs & garlic. I then season the cornish game hens with kosher salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper. FYI, the cayenne pepper can be omitted.
My fried cornish hens recipe is super easy. If anything, it’s time consuming ( because of the brining..)
CHECK OUT HOW I MAKE THESE CORNISH GAME HENS Y’ALL!

deep fried cornish game hens

Volume 90%

IMG_0246_wm-200x300.jpg

Print RecipePin Recipe

Deep Fried Cornish Hens

Take your holiday meal to the next level with these Southern-Style Deep-Fried Cornish Game Hens. Crispy on the outside and tender on the inside, they are heavenly!

CourseMain Course
CuisineSouthern
KeywordDeep Fried Cornish Hens

Prep Time4 hours 20 minutes
Cook Time1 hour
Total Time5 hours 20 minutes

Servings2
AuthorI Heart Recipes
Ingredients

• Brine
  • 4 cups cold water
  • 1 tbsp salt
  • 2 tbsp sugar
  • Hens
  • 2 cornish game hens cleaned & cavity emptied
  • 1 package of poultry herbs blend includes: rosemary, thyme, and sage
  • 2 spriggs of marjoram
  • 5 cloves of fresh garlic
  • 2 tsp kosher salt
  • 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
  • 1 tsp cayenne pepper
  • 1 cup self rising flour
  • 5 cups peanut oil or vegetable oil for deep frying
Instructions
  • Clean the cornish hens thoroughly.
  • Combine the ingredients for the brine, and stir until the sugar and salt dissolve.
  • Place the cornish hens in a large bowl, and pour in the brine.
  • Brine for 4 hour, or overnight.
  • Remove the hens from the brine, pat dry, then cut the backbone off of the hens.
  • Grab all of the herbs & garlic, and grind them down into a paste.
  • Rub the hens down with the paste, then season the hens with the salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper.
  • Coat the hens with self rising flour, then let them sit for 10 minutes.
  • Next, pour the oil into a deep fryer or large frying pan.
  • Heat the oil to 360 F.
  • Fry the hens until there's no blood, and they're golden brown.
  • Carefully remove the cornish hens from the oil, then place on a cooling rack .
  • Serve & enjoy!
Video

Notes

Poultry herb blends can be found in the produce isle!