Damn to be Black in America

durham

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Gotta negotiate those residuals, damn shame he didn't negotiate better terms in the follow up movies. He was my favorite character in the OG version.

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
Actor Orlando Bloom recently made an appearance on the Howard Stern show where he revealed the amount of money he was paid to appear as Legolas in The Lord of the Rings trilogy. Regarded as one of the best book-to-film adaptations in history, Peter Jackson’s Lord of the Rings movies were met with critical and fan acclaim and are still celebrated to this day for their faithful portrayal of J.R.R. Tolkien’s epic fantasy novels. When the trio of films came out in the early 2000s, they shattered box office records and grossed nearly $3 billion according to Box Office Mojo.

Bloom was cast to play the elf Legolas, his first major role. Because he was a relative unknown, Bloom was paid just $175,000 for all three films, which amounts to around $300,000 in today’s money, adjusted for inflation. For roughly a year and a half of filming, that isn’t a bad chunk of change for an unknown at the time.

Ceenote

Thinkn with My 3rd Eye!
Platinum Member

I remember he was in Sugar Hill a very slept on movie for several reasons.

Bruh... I just quoted a line from the movie myself..I remember when It came out my brother was like bro u need to see this.. im like say no more.. went to the video store n rented it...good flick!!

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Original part was supposed to go to Eddie Murphy. Think he either turned it down or was occupied with filming something else. Ernie ended up getting the role and it ended up being a smaller part. 40,000 in the 80s for a black actor who wasn’t the headline was actually good money. Of course we would want him to make more, of course we liked his character, but unfortunately those were the conditions in the 80s in hollywood

keone

WORLD WAR K aka Sensei ALMONDZ
International Member
Original part was supposed to go to Eddie Murphy. Think he either turned it down or was occupied with filming something else. Ernie ended up getting the role and it ended up being a smaller part. 40,000 in the 80s for a black actor who wasn’t the headline was actually good money. Of course we would want him to make more, of course we liked his character, but unfortunately those were the conditions in the 80s in hollywood
Was Beverlyhills cop

keone

WORLD WAR K aka Sensei ALMONDZ
International Member
Gotta negotiate those residuals, damn shame he didn't negotiate better terms in the follow up movies. He was my favorite character in the OG version.
He lucky they didnt delete him
After Eddie went on to do BC

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster