Damn Terminator is about to come true....

LennyNero1972

Sleeping Deity.
BGOL Investor
Could give a shit if a repost:
Skynet military launch postponed

By Jonathan Amos
Science reporter, BBC News

Patrick Wood explains how the UK's latest military satellite works

The launch of the third and final satellite in the UK's next-generation military space communications network has been delayed by a few days.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/7419751.stm
The Skynet 5C platform was due to fly from French Guiana on Friday but technicians called a halt to the countdown just hours before lift-off.

Software on the launch vehicle did not behave normally during a test sequence.

Skynet 5 is intended to provide British forces with a secure, high-bandwidth

capability through to 2020.

A successful launch will complete the in-orbit part of the £3.6bn project.

Additional work has included upgrades to ground stations and the installation of new antennas and terminals on military ships, planes and land vehicles.

Taken together, the three Skynet spacecraft - known as 5A, 5B and 5C - will provide coverage from the Americas to Asia.
See how the Skynet 5 system is being deployed

A new launch date for 5C would be fixed early next week, explained Jean-Yves Le Gall, the CEO of launcher company Arianespace.

"There is an anomaly on software. The launch will be delayed a few days", a period of the order of a week, he told the AFP news agency.

The Skynet satellites match the sophistication of the very latest civilian platforms used to pass TV, phone and internet traffic - but also are "hardened" for military use and will resist attempts to "jam" them, for example.

Malcolm Peto explains how Skynet 5 will aid UK military communications

"These satellites have technology that allows them to pinpoint communications on to particular regions of the world with absolute precision, and without interference," explained Malcolm Peto from Paradigm Secure Communications, the company set up to run Skynet.

"You know the areas where British forces operate, and you can imagine the type of interference attempted. We can avoid that very simply, very clinically," he said.

The new Skynet constellation will allow the British Army, Royal Navy and Royal Air Force to pass much more data, faster between command centres. The bandwidth capacity of Skynet 5 is two-and-a-half times that of the old satellite constellation, Skynet 4.

The new system will enable British forces to make use of next-generation weapons systems, such as the recently introduced Reaper drones.

These unmanned aerial vehicles (UAV) are deployed over Afghanistan but are remotely piloted by RAF personnel in the US.
Skynet 5C
Skynet 5C was built in response to high satellite insurance costs

This is made possible only by Skynet's ability to handle the drones' real-time video feeds.

Other battlefield applications would include surgeons, unsure how best to treat badly injured soldiers, being able to send scan information back to the UK for a second assessment; and then using video conferencing to discuss cases.

Skynet 5 is the largest PFI (Private Finance Initiative) so far delivered to the UK's Ministry of Defence (MoD). Under the PFI, the British military buys guaranteed capacity off its commercial supplier (Paradigm), which is free then to sell any spare capacity to friendly governments.

These third-party sales earn money for Paradigm and the MoD in what is a "shared gain" arrangement. The launch of the Skynet 5C satellite should provide substantial extra revenue potential.

When the PFI deal was originally set up, the MoD was only going to get the use of two satellites; but the high cost of spacecraft insurance in the early 2000s prompted project chiefs to put that money into building an extra platform instead.

"In effect we've self-insured," said Mr Peto. "We've used the money we would have spent on insurance to build a third satellite.

"When we launch [Skynet 5C], we will have three very capable satellites to provide communications, not only for British forces but for our third-party market which makes this whole project viable."

o
Skynet will support reconnaissance video gathered by unmanned drones

Reaper: Military's crucial 'eye in the sky'

Paradigm hopes the money it earns over the course of its contract (which runs to 2020) will be sufficient for it to reinvest in further spacecraft with enhanced payloads.

If this is achievable, Mr Peto says, it will provide UK forces with better equipment, much faster than traditional procurement routes.

As is normal for Ariane flights, Skynet 5C will ride into space with a co-passenger - on this occasion, a Turkish TV satellite.

"We'll be first out; the separation of 5C from the rocket occurs about 30 minutes after launch," explained the Skynet project manager, Patrick Wood, from manufacturer EADS Astrium.

"We'll pick it up via a ground station we're using in South Africa. The first thing we'll do is send a command that should be sent straight back to us, telling us the receive electronics are working. We can then send a sequence of commands to start waking up the satellite's systems."

It will take about a week to move 5C to its initial operational position 36,000km over the Atlantic Ocean, at 17.8 degrees West.

Friday's launch window in Kourou opens at 2152 GMT.

Skynet 5 system (BBC)
1. Skynet 5 overhauls satellite communications for UK forces
2. The largely autonomous satellites talk to two UK ground stations
3. Skynet 5 supports high-bandwidth applications, such as UAV video
4. Antennas and terminals are upgraded to make best use of Skynet
5. New battlefield networks, such as Cormorant, feed into the system
6. System gives commanders access to more information, faster

Skynet 5 system (BBC)
1. Improved technologies, including a solar 'sail', lengthen the platforms' operational lives to at least 15 years
2. The satellites are 'hardened' against interference. A special receive antenna can resist attempts at jamming
3. Each spacecraft has four steerable antennas that can concentrate bandwidth onto particular regions
4. The system gives near-global coverage, providing 2.5 times the capacity afforded by the previous system
5. Each spacecraft is a 3x4x4.5m box and weighs just under 5 tonnes; the solar wings once unfurled measure 34m tip to tip

smokedacane

Star
Registered
So I'm guessing the children of the future are going to be downloading Skynet software into their brains too :confused:

Brain downloads 'will make lessons pointless'
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/205...-downloads-'will-make-lessons-pointless'.html

terminator_robot.jpg

Where is the list at so I can sign up for The Resistance? :lol:

HALO2

CONNOISSEUR OF FINE WOMEN
Registered
MY BABY IS COMING.....

YALL WILL HAVE TO RUN AND HIDE WHILE THE BOMBS FALL

RESISTANCE IS USELESS....

JUDGEMENT DAY.........

1212372368.jpg

1212371973.jpg

1212379390.jpg

1212371970.jpg

1212380564.jpg

unda_line

Potential Star
Registered
Sometimes Those Sci-Fi movies be right on point.

Why did they use the name Skynet :dunno:

The way its going it might be a :itsawrap:

Shurnuff

5 More Years Bitches!!
OG Investor
GW266H400

HALO she will punch a hole in your chest and walk down the street with your beating heart still in her hand!!!!:eek::eek::eek::eek::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Soooooooooo When are they going to launch that satellite again???
Gotta brush up on my Spanish and take a look at those time shares in Mexico!!!!
:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

INVICTUS3RD

Potential Star
Registered
My father, Peace be Upon him, told me a long time ago, that if you see it in the movies...there are usually 3 options:

A) It has happened.
B) It is going to happen.
C) It is happening now and what they are doing is getting public opinion.

That is why I go to the movies. Not for entertainment, but for education.

Call me a conspiracy theroist if you want to, but I have seen too many things for them not to be true and they have been confirmed.

Case in point, Raiders of The Lost Ark. Think that is fiction? Think again. And for those that are aware, they told in the Raiders 4, where the Ark is.

Pay attention. Pay close attention to what is happening now. Obama and the latent Marxist shit he is kicking. The NWO is real. Believe it. For your own personal sakes and the sake of your families, believe it.

Peace.

HALO2

Registered
we know who Halo going to be running the streets with
GW266H400
:lol:
you guessed it.
GW266H400

HALO she will punch a hole in your chest and walk down the street with your beating heart still in her hand!!!!:eek::eek::eek::eek::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Soooooooooo When are they going to launch that satellite again???
Gotta brush up on my Spanish and take a look at those time shares in Mexico!!!!
:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

shurnuff I hate to be the bearer of bad news...
but due to my obsession and love for Terminator model number
T0K715 AKA Cameron Phillips.....
I'm gonna help Skynet track down and kill humans...
in exchange for my life of course.
Since judgement day is coming I'm gonna try to hook up at skynet
before Cameron was captured and reprogrammed...
we'll be Terminating humans together..
So watch yall asses we're coming for you....

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Shurnuff

5 More Years Bitches!!
OG Investor
you guessed it.

shurnuff I hate to be the bearer of bad news...
but due to my obsession and love for Terminator model number
T0K715 AKA Cameron Phillips.....
I'm gonna help Skynet track down and kill humans...
in exchange for my life of course.
Since judgement day is coming I'm gonna try to hook up at skynet
before Cameron was captured and reprogrammed...
we'll be Terminating humans together..
So watch yall asses we're coming for you....

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
Fuck that shit might as well take you ass out now
:devil::devil::devil::devil:
Where is the old Sara Connor?!?!?!
0911_lindahamilton.jpg

connor.jpg

:itsawrap::itsawrap::itsawrap::itsawrap::itsawrap::itsawrap::itsawrap::itsawrap::itsawrap:
This should be over with a swiftness!!!!!
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

LennyNero1972

Sleeping Deity.
BGOL Investor
My father, Peace be Upon him, told me a long time ago, that if you see it in the movies...there are usually 3 options:

A) It has happened.

Call me a conspiracy theroist if you want to, but I have seen too many things for them not to be true and they have been confirmed.

Case in point, Raiders of The Lost Ark. Think that is fiction? Think again. And for those that are aware, they told in the Raiders 4, where the Ark is.

Pay attention. Pay close attention to what is happening now. Obama and the latent Marxist shit he is kicking. The NWO is real. Believe it. For your own personal sakes and the sake of your families, believe it.

Peace.

PREACH BROTHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's why I'm taking my black ass to see the new X-Files movie!!!!

Damn Skynet has actually been around since the 60's YIKES!!!!!!!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skynet_(satellites)

Last edited:

ThaBurgerPimp

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Sometimes Those Sci-Fi movies be right on point.

Why did they use the name Skynet :dunno:

The way its going it might be a :itsawrap:

since its related to the British be glad they chose that name instead of this one
Daleks_appearence.jpg

otherwise you'd be seeing gangs of these rolling thru the streets shouting
"EX-TER-MINATE!!!" :lol:

Jaguar2G

Support BGOL
Registered

A) It has happened.

Peace.

PREACH BROTHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's why I'm taking my black ass to see the new X-Files movie!!!!

Damn Skynet has actually been around since the 60's YIKES!!!!!!!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skynet_(satellites)

:lol::lol::lol:

Can't miss class!

well if thats true I got more important things to worry about than terminators.......

I gotta worry about the BORG and/or the evil empire.

Shurnuff

5 More Years Bitches!!
OG Investor
since its related to the British be glad they chose that name instead of this one
Daleks_appearence.jpg

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
I'll take my changes with those robots instead of the terminators
:lol::lol::lol::lol:

smokedacane

Star
Registered
Metaphorically you're right. It's really talking about the same thing.

Basically, movies whether they are sci fi or fictional in nature contain some elements of realism. You can not view them at face value without first dissecting them metaphorically.

I was supposed to post a doc the other day talking about possible CIA involvement with Hollywood film industry but never got around to it.

K

kwazdog

Fuck it! Death is guaranteed for every man & woman. Weather in times of peace or war....dat being said, death is not the worst possible outcome for a human. A long life of fear, mental and spiritual death is the true hell. fear not my BGOL famliy for you are all various manifestations of UNIVERSAL LIFE FORCE. Fear not, feel the light in your souls increase in luminance and compassionate ferocity!

defense2.jpg

nothing can stop us if we choose not to be stopped.

I had to get a lil "YAHWEH" on ya:lol::lol::lol:

bless up! luv yall (no homo, bitches);)

LennyNero1972

Sleeping Deity.
BGOL Investor

Basically, movies whether they are sci fi or fictional in nature contain some elements of realism. You can not view them at face value without first dissecting them metaphorically.

I was supposed to post a doc the other day talking about possible CIA involvement with Hollywood film industry but never got around to it.

Yeah of course the Feds are involved they use films to push their agendas. :yes::D

Magicdplaya

Potential Star
Registered
Just because its named Skynet doesn't mean it will perform the same function as the one in the movie.

All Hype :smh:

HALO2

Registered
Ahh dude unfortunately they won't be using shit you know about.:smh::smh::smh:
Exactly if we can build a plane that can record sounds on the ground from 20,000 feet in the air, imagine what else our government does. You know somewhere in a military installation that there is a group of engineers designing a super soildier.
Just because its named Skynet doesn't mean it will perform the same function as the one in the movie.

All Hype :smh:

I wouldn't go that far...you would be surprised.

jemhadar

Star
Registered
Daleks_appearence.jpg

Yo, The Dalek will fuck you up with the QUICKNESS!!
And they can fly!